Are you wearing your best hair?

LoveisYou

I think it's fair to say nearly all of us joined this board to achieve our best hair. Whether length, health or both, we are on a journey to put our best hair forward. The journey isn't always quick or easy though, it's a process, during the process are you wearing your best hair?

I ask because sometimes I see people on the board complaining that their hair or style make them feel less attractive, desirable and confident. No judgment, just an observation. This leaves me to believe that not everyone feels they are wearing their best hair during particular stages in their journey.

Do you feel like there are moments in your journey where you are not wearing your best hair? Does it affect your confidence? Or do you ensure you put your best hair forward throughout all stages of the hair journey?

would love to read your responses....

RoundEyedGirl504

Currently I am not wearing my best hair. But I plan to try more styles so that I won't feel that way over the next couple months!

faithVA

I sure hope this isn't my best hair because if it is I should just shave it off :nono: I do what I can every week to make it look as nice as possible but its really not attractive or desirable at this point.

LoveisYou

I sure hope this isn't my best hair because if it is I should just shave it off :nono: I do what I can every week to make it look as nice as possible but its really not attractive or desirable at this point.

WHy do you say this, and do you believe you are just in an awkward stage in your journey?

faithVA

WHy do you say this, and do you believe you are just in an awkward stage in your journey?

I am hoping it is a stage. My hair is between NL and SL, so my styles are fairly limited. My strands are fine with medium density. And my hair is always frizzy. So even on my best day I have a nice frizz halo. And no matter what my hair stays on the dry size.

I am hoping that when my hair is APL, that I can at least pull my hair into some type of updo that looks decent. My twists at this point are not passeable. They are thin and don't hang and they aren't all long enough to put into a bun. I am wearing box braids right now and they are better than the twists.

I am hoping at APL or not too much further I can at least wear a decent twist out. I am definitely hoping that this is just an akward length for me.

LifeafterLHCF

No I'm not wearing my best hair esp since it's natural. I will be soon relaxing and hopefully with all the info and knowledge here I will be wearing my own best hair and not some wig or what not.I like to feel and look effortlessly pretty so relaxing since the natural thing didn't work after 6 yrs I will try something new.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I do the best I can with the time, money, and energy I have. Today I'm a hot mess, though no one seems to notice but me. Lol. That is key though: we are our own worst critics. Most ppl are too dang busy with their own lives to worry about what so and so is doing with her hair.

beautyintheyes

Hmmm good question I think I have my days but I get bored quick so I feel cute the first day I have my twist in but I'm btw nl and sl so I'm at a awkward stage it my hair growth but I'm trying to enjoy every hair length I go through

LoveisYou

I do the best I can with the time, money, and energy I have. Today I'm a hot mess, though no one seems to notice but me. Lol. That is key though: we are our own worst critics. Most ppl are too dang busy with their own lives to worry about what so and so is doing with her hair.

True, but I am talking about from your perspective

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Not all the time no. Neck length natural is hard to find styles. Its much healthier but my style library needs to broaden

RegaLady

Its hard to know if you are wearing your best hair if you aren't capable of knowing what your best is. I could be wearing my best hair today, but tomorrow it can be even better. I think I am wearing my best hair so far, especially since I dyed it back to the beautiful black color I am always so fond of. I love my hair, I just want to retain more length. I have made peace with frizz and the like.