Are you "working" your hair???

Glib Gurl

Inspired by the "are you 'working' it" thread about posting at work . . .

I'm wondering -- we all work very hard on our hair and spend a lot of time and money making it healthy and getting it to grow, grow, grow! But when it comes to daily styling, are we working it -- swangin' those ponytails, rockin' those curls, flauntin' that 'fro? Or do you tend to wear simple, "hide-your-hair" or protective styles most of the time and only "work it out" when you're going somewhere?

I usually just wear my hair pulled back into a bun or low ponytail . . . but since being here I've become far more adventurous and I experiment a lot more with my hair. What about you?

Just wonderin' . . . .

I confess I'm not working it:always in the same boring protective styles (I usually enjoy my hair and style it during summer :eek:nly 2 months) I promise, I will do more styles when I will reach my last Goal!

My hair is hidden until I reach my next goal -APL- and then I'll wear it out before hidding again until BSL!

Boring I know, but I'm on a mission!:D

I have been "workin" my wigs lately. ;) When I first started, I just wanted it to blend. Now I wear it loose, in a bun, top pulled back and change the bangs for variety and fun.

This woman at work was surprised when I told her it was a WIG, because I wear it slightly different almost everyday. She wears a wig that is stiff with those curls that never move.

Lately I’ve been hiding my hair, but only b/c I’ve been too busy to do spend a lot of time on it. I am going to rollerset this weekend. And I can’t wait.

I'm forever in protective styles. But I make those work too! *snaps fingers 2 times and walks out the thread* :lachen: :lachen: Even when I wear my own hair out, I usually wear a wig or something when I'm going out. My style is very over the top and my hair has to match.

I am so not working it. I am engaging in major slackertude. I'm taking down my 3.5 week old twists. Next style will prolly be a puff.

I'm hiding till I get to BSL, then I'ma chill wit it for a while:cool:

Then I'ma go again strong until I get to MBL, then it's on yo. I'ma be killin em:cool:

Currently I'm wearing my hair in tight pin curls...my flatironed hair worn straight is shoulder length....I'm going to *try* and keep up the tight pin curls til I reach my first goal of APL stretched, then wear it straight for a day at work (for the shock factor ;) ) then back to the really curly look til I hit BSL stretched.....so in answer to your question I guess I'm in "protective mode". :yep:

I usually work it once a month when I rollerset and flat iron. Once I sweat it out (which is usually the next week during my workouts), I go back to my trusty wash 'n gos for another 3 weeks or so.

nope but I will be when I reach APL.:D

Right now I usually wear updo's because my hair is too thin to wear it down without any curl. and i dont have time to use my steam rollers in the morning so everyday it's the same boring updo.

i do wear my hair in protective styles more than wearing my hair out. I only wear my hair during the first 2 weeks of a relaxer, when it looks it freshest and straightest. after the first 2 weeks, it doesnt look as great, so i keep my hair in an extremely moisturized bun or french braid for the next 8 weeks. this method has definitely worked for me.

I'm sooo workin' it! Even though my hair is broken and about to make me BC. I'm rockin' a banana clip with the new bangs I cut. It is too cute. I call it pressin' in spite of...:)

Guys are trying to pick me up and women are giving me "the stare." :grin:

Back