Are your 100% pure oils really 100%?

Mizani_Mrs

Yesterday i went to my local BSS and was just browsing products. I was looking for a good oil mix (hot 6, wonder 8, etc). I noticed there were alot of essential oils. My question is how do you know that these oils are 100% and or pure? In the cosmetic industry, isn't it true that a manufacturer can list that the oil is pure and 100% if it contains 5% of the essential oil and the rest is carrier oil? I can't exactly remember the % but this is what keeps me from purchasing the oils that i want. I did purchase like a 3oz bottle of jojoba oil and it felt ok and it didn't have a smell...but how do i know this is the best on the market. I think that food manufacturers have to be more truthful about the ingredients so maybe i'll just purchase olive, soybean, and grapeseed oils from the grocery store and feel comfort that it is the real thing.... I can't thilnk of any keywords...can anyone perform a search to research this? :ohwell:

Queenie

I use food oils for my hair. They are pure, by law, if that is what the label says. Also, it saves me a trip to the BSS.

Mizani_Mrs

Yea that's exactly what i was thinking. I don't think that i'll purchase oils from anywhere else besides a food aisle. It's just ridiculous to think that you are paying $10 for an ounce of jojoba oil and really find out that all it is, is food grade oliive oil (carrier oil) with a dab of jojoba oil. i mean really......