Arrrrrrrrr.....Can't nobody be up in my head but me!!!!!!!!!

DivaD04

So today I decided to go get some braids put in instead of doing it myself!!!! So I arrive, the lady was really nice, just had her 3rd baby, and was back to braiding hair. I'm like cool this lady is really cheap for micros compared to Cali (in Diego) so she wants to see my hair...I take off my knit cap and she was like o your hair is short. I'm like yeah...is it long enough for you to grab. She says she can grab it but it'll be difficult. Wow usually Africans would be like if I can pinch it I can braid it. Whatever I'm thinkin' and I pick out some micros from one of her braiding books and we get started....she uses her comb an didn't even bother for mine...she looked at my comb like it was crap....so I'm like don't give me no parts when braiding just grab my hair to seperate and braid. She usues her comb anyway, while starting the nape of my head is really fine for some odd reason and I have staight hairs that manifest compared to the rest of my head. So combing is a breeze. About an inch and a half (give or take) up it gets really tanglely and so she breaks out the blowdryer...ya'll I had just rinsed out my overnight conditioner so I know my hair wasn't that bad...not to mention I put in some Babassu butter, avocado butter, and sealed with jbco. She was combing my hair...I was like ouch your ripping my hair!!! :eek2: You can just hear my hair ripping. It had gotten so bad she was like you should perm your hair...I had already told her I was a natural and why I was a natural. Everytime I would repeat your tearing my hair she'll say put a relaxer on it for less than 5 min. and then take it off. I told her NO!!! Ya'll I'm tired of being nice over in these parts of the world...:angry2:. Usually I'll just go the hell off and tell folks about themselves but I sat my dumb ass there and was being all polite and sh/t! What was I thinking??!! I asked her how much hair did she have....2-3 inches!!!! :sandm:I thought I was going to lose my mind!!! We're half wayand I thought I was going to just pay half and roll out but I wanted her to hurry the he// up! She suppose to be fast (5 hrs) I was there for 9hrs and get this...I have box braids...individuals, nothing like micros! I was there that long b/c my hair was too short. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I won't go back..All day long I had lhcf literally on my mind. I was so ready to be up an out! :burnup::freakout::cry4:I'm just going to braid my own d/amn hair!!!! Why do people have to be so D/AMN IGNANT When it comes to hair!
Today I did it to myself and I have no one else to blame but me....I'm cool now...I got her off my chest!

Last edited:
:hug2: There there! I've been there... Where I go to a pro and then kick myself a hundred times for making that mistake. I've concluded no one cares about me and my body as much as I do so if I can do something, I'm not going to anyone else, no matter how good everyone else says they are or how lousy I think I am at what I do. Indeed, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Last edited:
You're right about one thing, African braiders. If they can pinch it, it can be braided. All of her comments could have been kept to herself. I think she should get an award for acting. I KNOW your hair wasn't that difficult, especially after you had is conditioned. She's just one of those stupid people who feel you should do your hair to suit her and everyone else. Sorry for the bad experience, you gave me ONE more reason to continue doing my own hair!

Awe hun bun -

I have known your pain. This was the main trigger to braid my own hair -

Hey - it will take me 2 days - but I won't have some FOOL claiming to be a 'professional' doing terrible things to me that could cause her:hardslap: to meet an UNTIMELY Death:bat:...............I am not tryin' to go to Jail....and I would if somebody jacked up my hair.

I am cool.....Better off on my own... in addition to that - the prices for braids are out of control.

i did my own micros for this exact reason. Every time I get them done by someone else, either they are done too small or too big. Also, other people have no regard for the hair around the hair line...I'm sorry you had to go through this, but you live and you learn. Next time you know... I know i've learned my lesson!

thanks ladies...after my post i went to bed, i had to sleep it off. i took my temple braids down and applied aloe vera most...do you ladies think i should take down the rest of my edges? I wanted these braids to last 3 months but I'm going to have to rebraid my whole head well b4 then so they can last for the summer.

Attachments

• b4 n after.jpg
    b4 n after.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 48
I've never liked the way hairdressers handle my hair. As it stands at the mo, I'm thinking of never going to one ever again.
The dilemma is that I know my hair looks a lot better when done by a stylist...especially on 'special' occasions. *SIGH* :ohwell:
Even as a qualified beautician, I choose to get treatments done by other professionals. I like being pampered. :nono:

Sorry you had to go through that!

When I see these threads I'm sooo happy and thankful for my braider of 11years, she's gentle doesn't rip out my edges and minds her business when it comes to my hair (believe me she's seen it all on my head). So anyone in London need a braider let me know.

ETA: Oh and she's always £60 max!!

Only thing is, cause she was so good- I assumed EVERY braider was like her- when I went on holiday I let other people braid my hair and help get rid of my edges:rolleyes:

Last edited:
thanks ladies...after my post i went to bed, i had to sleep it off. i took my temple braids down and applied aloe vera most...do you ladies think i should take down the rest of my edges? I wanted these braids to last 3 months but I'm going to have to rebraid my whole head well b4 then so they can last for the summer.

Is the section you're holding in the fourth picture (second row, right) how much hair you're attaching the extensions to? If so, then I say take them out and redo them. I would recommend you attach a lot less hair per section of your own, especially along the edges. I was trying to see if I could find any of my extension pictures that show you how much hair I attach at the edges. The idea is your scalp should not be bearing tons more weight that it normally would w/o the extension, because that's how your hair gets pulled out. If you can cornrow, perhaps you can do small cornrows going back, along the front and add the extension to the tail of the cornrow and blend it back with the others.

Oooh, I'm sorry. I know exactly what how you feel. I nearly got cussed out and was told I need a perm the last time I got my hair cornrowed, too. And I had just come out of cornrows so I know my hair was comparatively untangled. I wouldn't have even gone that time except my right arm was in a cast. They just rip through. Your hair seems short enough that it shouldn't be that big of a deal to detangle, what in the world did they need a blow dryer for?

Your edges looks so tight, they look like they hurt. :sad:

Oooh, I'm sorry. I know exactly what how you feel. I nearly got cussed out and was told I need a perm the last time I got my hair cornrowed, too. And I had just come out of cornrows so I know my hair was comparatively untangled. I wouldn't have even gone that time except my right arm was in a cast. They just rip through. Your hair seems short enough that it shouldn't be that big of a deal to detangle, what in the world did they need a blow dryer for?

Yes, they do look painful. The minute I felt her pull them tight, I would have stopped her right there.

Ummm...after 9 hours you finally realized you had box braids instead of micros? :ohwell: That's why hairdressers, eye browers, etc...don't like me, because I request to hold a mirror during the ENTIRE process. It's my hair and I'm paying you!

Let this be a lesson learned. Sorry it happened to you:ohwell:

Is the section you're holding in the fourth picture (second row, right) how much hair you're attaching the extensions to? If so, then I say take them out and redo them. I would recommend you attach a lot less hair per section of your own, especially along the edges. I was trying to see if I could find any of my extension pictures that show you how much hair I attach at the edges. The idea is your scalp should not be bearing tons more weight that it normally would w/o the extension, because that's how your hair gets pulled out. If you can cornrow, perhaps you can do small cornrows going back, along the front and add the extension to the tail of the cornrow and blend it back with the others.

Pics in order 2x2 left to right

1) bc'd jan. 19th 2)my growth as of last week
3)my stretch of what is looks like 4)(NO) my micros...did not hurt
5)overall view by the "braider" 6)um that ***** gave me box braids
7)o my temples 8)top view
9)back view

I was showing how much hair I have. Okay I understand I have an inch of hair but I also know I personally can grab and braid my one inch of hair.
(#4) I started my micros but I did not want to finish them b/c I have to many interrruptions with my 3yr old whose in school (4hrs only but I only get 3hrs to myself). I pulled a little out b/c I wanted to document my length b4 braiding but I grabbed a little more hair when braiding. My micros did not hurt at all...they were so light and airy and comfy...that was how I wanted them to be done w/o parts. I just grab'd pieces and made sure I hade no tangles in it. But I took them out b/c I wanted to get someone to do them 4 me.
This lady isn't a pro braider...it's done out her house. I'm cool with the whole going to someone's crib cuz I'll do hair out my crib. But I never had complaints about being ruff or careless. I like to treat other's heads the way I treat my own. I've always been like that and I wanted the same in return. I have had aperiod where I braided to tight and didn't know until I was told...but I corrected that...to show maturity. But with this lady, you can't feel when she apply these braids. I had a hand full in my hea and I didn't even feel them on my neck. When she was parting it felt like she was just grabbing hair out. Towards the top she was getting real lazy and she just flat I put squares and my braids are kind of showing my hair (puff'n out da braids). She grabbed the he// out my temples. This morning I took them out and applied aloe vera moist to soothe.

Yes, they do look painful. The minute I felt her pull them tight, I would have stopped her right there.

Ummm...after 9 hours you finally realized you had box braids instead of micros? :ohwell: That's why hairdressers, eye browers, etc...don't like me, because I request to hold a mirror during the ENTIRE process. It's my hair and I'm paying you!

Let this be a lesson learned. Sorry it happened to you:ohwell:

o...she gave me a mirror but moved it after I sat it down

thanks buttercreme...thanks ya'll! I just wanted someone to throw in some micros so I can let them sit for 3 mths...Was I asking for too much?

Last edited:

Yes...please loosen it up or just take it out....or you will not have any edges.

ETA : I just saw this.... She grabbed the he// out my temples. This morning I took them out and applied aloe vera moist to soothe.

Good :)

Last edited:
I've never liked the way hairdressers handle my hair. As it stands at the mo, I'm thinking of never going to one ever again.
The dilemma is that I know my hair looks a lot better when done by a stylist...especially on 'special' occasions. *SIGH* :ohwell:
Even as a qualified beautician, I choose to get treatments done by other professionals. I like being pampered. :nono:

(me smack'n my lips)...thank you! This is what I'm say'n...I just wanted to be pampered...like let me get me some braids for once...but if this is how folks is going to be...well let me keep my money.

hothair
60 gbp= $119
300 ry= $80

I had similar experiences with stylists. I'm never going to trust another stylist who claims to do natural hair. :nono:

Back