Aryuvedic Help, Please!!!

graceunderfire

I have some shedding, along with weak hair and I am thinking about using Aryuvedic oils and henna to gain strength some and combat shedding.

My problem: I have no idea what to buy.

My current regimen:
wash every other day (i have to use shampoo)
MN and sulfur 8
I megatek once a week (leave on 15 minutes and wash out)
Alterego afterwards
spritz hair with aloe and use a dollop of jojoba oil for slip

If someone can offer some product advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

graceunderfire

To be honest I am not sure. I thin it may just be my natural cycle. I will some come out with roots and while I am freaking out inside, I can rationalize it. But there are breakages from ends. My hair is very thin to begin with and weak. It has always been this way. It is growing since I have found my way to this forum, but it is still weak. When I snap the hair (the fallen hair. I do this to test strength), it sounds like the snap, crackle, and pop cereal.

twinkletoes17

I started my ayurveda regimen just on Friday =D

I made two rounds to my local Indian grocery store (being the PJ that I am) lol. I wanted to buy 6 powders at first: Neem, Bhringraj, Brahmi, Amla, Aritha, and Shikakai. I ended up only buying only the last 3. As for oils, I bought Vatika Oil and Dabur Amla Oil. I love them both! Out of my three powders I haven't used Aritha. I'll have to do more research on that.

I've oiled overnight with both Vatika and Amla Oils, and I've used my pastes and then DC'ed. My hair is so much stronger and I'm seriously loving it. I have to be consistent with it because so far, the results are very promising.

There are several links that should help you. I'll list a few:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167723&highlight=ayurveda

AYURVEDA SUPPORT THREAD:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=183305&highlight=where+you+buy+ayurveda

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194049&highlight=aritha+powder

LovelyRo

I also just began my ayurvedic reggie. Please research the threads the previous poster listed. They helped me alot with deciding which powders and oils to purchase. I have amla, brahmi and shikakai powders and dabur amla and vatika oil. I too have shedding issues and shikakai is supposed to strengthen the roots. Also, are you sure the megatek isnt increasing your shedding?

ETA: I used the oils as my pre-poo. I added 1 prt Shikakai and Amla and 2 prts Brahmi to V05 Moisture Milk conditioner + castor and coconut oil and co-washed with it. I follow up with a moisturizing DC.

Last edited:

hurricane

I have some shedding, along with weak hair and I am thinking about using Aryuvedic oils and henna to gain strength some and combat shedding.

My problem: I have no idea what to buy.

My current regimen:
wash every other day (i have to use shampoo)
MN and sulfur 8
I megatek once a week (leave on 15 minutes and wash out)
Alterego afterwards
spritz hair with aloe and use a dollop of jojoba oil for slip

If someone can offer some product advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Maybe it is the shampoo and the megatek causing the shedding. Shampoo can be drying. A Co-wash with suave humetress may help and I think that shedding with megatek can happen. Not quite sure though. Welcome to the world of aryuveda.

monieluv

Maybe it is the shampoo and the megatek causing the shedding. Shampoo can be drying. A Co-wash with suave humetress may help and I think that shedding with megatek can happen. Not quite sure though. Welcome to the world of aryuveda.

shedding does occur with megatek b/c of the protein. should some garlic to minimize it. i talk garlic supplements and the shedding slowed down.

Ganjababy

If you use megatek once per week for 15 minutes (which is similiar to the manufacturers recommendation) then I dio not think the shedding is caused by the megatek.