As a black woman I take this as a personal afront....how dare they?

Soul♥Flower

gloomgeisha said:
I've seen that style in the BSS before and it was called "Mini-Marley", not "afro-curl". Either way, it DID sell and was VERY popular, especially amongst our African clientele.

Blame the Chinese all day long. It's the Black people who bought it.

Can you imagine a white woman wearing this?:eek:

Disclaimer: if u can carry it off go for it, but.......

isioma85

BackToMyRoots said:

Disclaimer: if u can carry it off go for it, but.......

Mama, is that you? I'm mad the porcupine really does look like the PorcuSpikes wig! You're so wrong!!! :lachen:

RelaxerRehab said:
:lachen: You are SOOOOO WRRRROONNGGG FOR THISS!!!!! Making me laugh out loud while I'm trying to do schoolwork!!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I guess i'm just feeling a little silly....and a little laughter never hurt anyone :lol:

:lachen: :lachen:
I actually don't think it's that bad. I know. What's wrong with me? :hammer:

I think it's a funky hair style--definitely not for everyone. I don't think it's as bad as women my complexion (chocolate brown) walking around with platinum blonde hair. It reminds me of when white people get their hair spiked--not a mainsteam hairsytle. That's all.

ShaniKeys

BackToMyRoots said:
So i'm on hairsisters browsing wigs and was looking at the "afro curl" and came across THIS :eek: (please see attachment). Who would buy this and why? Is that really how wig manufacturers in China or wherever view our hair?? WTH :confused: .Picture me showing up to work with a transitioning twist out gone wrong :(

Sorry even on my worst hair day...It looks better than this.

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=2042&searchOption=10&viewOption=1&position=0&limit=20&value1=10&value2=0&value3=0&search=0#
There are lots of black women in Brussels who wear that, I agree with you: it's UGLY, but still...

sweetwhispers

I can't fathom how some people did not know it was a wig- how on earth could you even attempt to get your hair to look like that?

pistachio

caligirl said:
That is a really popular wig. I have seen at least 5 different women wearing that wig here in D.C.

exactly. I've seen wigs similar to that in hair mags, and if they didn't sell, i don't think they'd waste money to advertise for them. that's just my $0.02

Chinagem

RelaxerRehab said:
:look: :perplexed :ohwell: But it's a wig, so it could happen to a relaxed head, too....

I think I'm... oh my.... :naughty:

yeah, it could happen to a relaxed head too. i only said "natural" b/c i assumed from the description on the hairsisters site that it was mean to look like a natural texture.

sareca

chocolatesis said:
:lachen: :lachen:
I actually don't think it's that bad. I know. What's wrong with me? :hammer:

I think it's a funky hair style--definitely not for everyone. I don't think it's as bad as women my complexion (chocolate brown) walking around with platinum blonde hair. It reminds me of when white people get their hair spiked--not a mainsteam hairsytle. That's all.

Same here. I don't think it's that bad either (and NO I don't have one). :grin: