As promised, I updated my wash routine

OnceUponAtime

DSD, I so happy to see how great your hair is doing. I see why your hair looks so healthy. Your routine is so moisturizing. You are going to be bra strap length in no time at all.

By the way, your hair styles are awsome! That blowout was incredible. My other favs were the ponytail and the loosened bantus (sexy).

How's your daughter coming along? Her hair in the posted pics look like silk!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Hi DSD!
Great illustrations.

So, how do you like the Honey Glaze?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I like the honey wave glaze. It stops my hair from frizzing up so much and it smells great too!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
OnceUponAtime said:
DSD, I so happy to see how great your hair is doing. I see why your hair looks so healthy. Your routine is so moisturizing. You are going to be bra strap length in no time at all.

By the way, your hair styles are awsome! That blowout was incredible. My other favs were the ponytail and the loosened bantus (sexy).

How's your daughter coming along? Her hair in the posted pics look like silk!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much! :blushing: I think the fact that I stay consistent with my routine, no matter what, helps. Thanks for the encouragement. That means a lot.

My daughter hair, hmmm... She just came out of braids. I will be posting progress pics soon. I want to condition it a little before I straighten it out. Thanks! Her hair struggles with very dry ends and every time I turn around she has split ends. I am going to try the Tigi products and see how those work for her. Meanwhile I am going to have to do a mini trim even though she just had one a month ago!

jainygirl

girl...you really have the best step by step i swear. i saw how many scruchies you used in your bantu set. i think that's where i messed up with mine. i need to add about 6 more knots for a more defined look. last time mine came out looking like nice waves. cute but not what i wanted. i am definitely gonna do this tomorrow when i wash
-- jainygirl

keylargo

Thanks for sharing DSD. I do have a couple of questions for you:
How often do you wash your hair now and how long does your bantu set last until time to redo?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
keylargo said:
Thanks for sharing DSD. I do have a couple of questions for you:
How often do you wash your hair now and how long does your bantu set last until time to redo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wash my hair daily but only conditioner washes. The routine posted is my bi weekly routine. Even if i skip a wash day the set only lasts for one day for me. Maybe longer for other people.

Casarela

omg u use a lot of products!!!!! In the summer I also have to change my washing routine. But I always use 2 items or 3. Daily defense apple conditionner and Ic fantasia gel. For teh summer I will probably use the Tropical dominican cream or a 911 leave in and keep a bottle of a spritz so I can always keep my hair moisturized. I will probably wash my hair everyday like i always do and rinse it every afternoon also . This summer my hair will be stuck in a ponytail.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
girl...you really have the best step by step i swear. i saw how many scruchies you used in your bantu set. i think that's where i messed up with mine. i need to add about 6 more knots for a more defined look. last time mine came out looking like nice waves. cute but not what i wanted. i am definitely gonna do this tomorrow when i wash
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Jainygirl! I alsomst missed your post.

Thank you! The more you use the more curls you will get but if you let them dry completely then they will be too curly. Try it again and let us know how it turns out!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Casarela said:
omg u use a lot of products!!!!! In the summer I also have to change my washing routine. But I always use 2 items or 3. Daily defense apple conditionner and Ic fantasia gel. For teh summer I will probably use the Tropical dominican cream or a 911 leave in and keep a bottle of a spritz so I can always keep my hair moisturized. I will probably wash my hair everyday like i always do and rinse it every afternoon also . This summer my hair will be stuck in a ponytail.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I do! I am a product junkie but my hair is healthy and strong as a result. Good luck with your summer routine.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The most important lesson I have learned from your album--

I used waaaaaaay too much product on my relaxed hair. Which explains why I always had helmet head.
Showing how much product you use was a geat idea!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
No, wait! I meant the pics show just a dollop of product in your hand. I was using goo gobs of stuff trying to saturate each and every strand.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
No, wait! I meant the pics show just a dollop of product in your hand. I was using goo gobs of stuff trying to saturate each and every strand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I understood you!