Asha's New Products---One VERY Happy Gal!

so1913

I couldn't be happier with the products I've tried thus far. I purchased the following:

Green Tea
Silk Rose (new scent)
Heavenly Pudding
Shea What?!
Omega Oil

This morning I gave the Green Tea, Silk Rose, and Heavelny Pudding a try, along with Roots. I am already set on Roots and Silk Rose. I washed, spritz a little Green Tea and applied some Silk Rose. Diffused, massaged scalp with Roots, and applied a little of the Heavenly Pudding to the hair.

I've been a fan of Silk Rose since my first bottle...although the original rose scent did not bother me, this new scent I'm sure will be loved by many. Ladies, this leave in is AWESOME. I can't say that enough. For soft, shiny, natural curl definition, this is the product for you. I also tried the Green Tea, but could not truly tell its benefits since I used it along with the Silk Rose. I will use the Green Tea alone tomorrow and report back. It is packed with various infused herbs, and again the scent, incredible. The ingredients are impressive alone, if anything, this would be a good pick me up spritz for those who do not wash/rinse daily.

If you are looking for a light, but truly rich and moisturizing cream/butter type product, this does the trick. It's much lighter than the MA and CDL, applies easily, not greasy, and added additional softness and shine. So far, this tops MA and CDL for me, and those are VERY good products as well. I've only applied the HP to dry hair and I love how it worked.

The scents of the different products work very well together, you will love how your hair smells.

I have yet to try the Shea What?! and Omega Oil. Once I do I will be sure post. I will be playing around with various combinations to see what works best together for me, using products on both wet and dry hair. Anyone wondering if the products are worth a try, the ARE! I'm totally hooked. A+ quality, A+ service.

If anyone else is using these products, please let us know what you are using and how you are using them. I'm trying to get some ideas myself.

ETA: website- http://www.ashasnaturals.com

Last edited:
so1913,

Thanks for your review. I have my eye on the Heavenly Pudding and the Omega and Caliente oils.

I used the Mane Attraction and it was a great product for moisture. I would apply it on dry hair and didn't need to reapply until I washed my hair again. However, I found the product to be a little heavy for relaxed hair.

How does the Heavenly Pudding smell compared to the Mane Attraction?

Thanks in advance,

MissB

The Heavenly Pudding has less of an "herbal" smell, and more of a "sweeter" smell, similar to sunkissed. Same with the Shea What?!

You may also find that one of these products work better on relaxed hair because it is lighter, that is just my guess.

I received my order today as well! Because it shipped a bit late I got TWO free samples (a bath oil and bath salts) not the ONE that she mentioned which is cool.

I know I am going to love this stuff! Heavenly Hair Pudding, Mane Attraction, and Coco de Leche have great consistency...Sun Kissed is interesting--I have to see how I would use it as it's pretty thick and beeswaxy--I might like it when My hair is blow dryed for smoothing down edges.

Will post more after I play this week! :)

so1913 said:
What did you end up getting?

I bought:

Heavenly Hair Pudding
Sun Kissed
Coco de Leche
Omega Oil
Honey Dew Moisture Balance Treatment

My letter said that I was getting the free samples too, but they weren't in the box. :( I emailed Asha's and they are going to send some when the new batch is made.

I love Asha's Naturals products! I've used Sun Kissed, Platinum, and Mane Attraction. I tend to use them on my wet hair and when it's dried, my hair is soft, shiny, with defined waves slicked back into a bun. :) Lately, I've tried using Platinum on my dry hair, also slicked back in a bun, so I can't say whether it's too heavy for relaxed hair b/c I've not used it for wearing my hair down. I have used Mane Attraction, just a smidge warmed up and spread between rubbed hands on the very tips of my ends, after a touchup when I'm wrapping my hair for the night. The next day, my ends looked great, no stiffness. I've only purchased from her once but now that I'm running low on the products, I will definitely go back. I'm glad to see she has added new products. There are a few I'd like to check out.

I posted close up pictures in my album of my hair dried using Silk Rose and Green Tea before I use any additional products like the Heavenly Pudding or Shea What?!.

I really am enjoying the fact that I don't need a gel or heavy product to style my hair :-D

so1913 said:
I posted close up pictures in my album of my hair dried using Silk Rose and Green Tea before I use any additional products like the Heavenly Pudding or Shea What?!.

I really am enjoying the fact that I don't need a gel or heavy product to style my hair :-D

For some reason I can't see your album--I put in that password but it doesn't work. :(

For those that use Sun Kissed--do you scoop up a big dallop and rub it between your hands and apply? It's just so thick that I don't really know what to do with it.

hmmm....I may have been in it doing some edits, maybe that's why??? The password "progress" should still work. Give it another shot and let me know if you still have trouble.

When I use Sun kissed, I use it more as a shine enhancer or to smooth the top of my hair when pulled back. I only take a little, just enough to lightly coat the hair. I wouldn't use it in large amounts. For a more overall moisturizer, I opt for MA or HP.

Okay, I tried the Heavenly Hair Pudding and Omega Oil today. It smells great and my hair is still very moisturized (which may not mean anything because I laid it on thick :p ). I loved the way my hair looked when it was damp with the products, but I put my hair in a french roll. I'm looking forward to seeing how they work when I just wear a fro.

MissB said:
Would someone mind posting the ingredients to the Heavenly Pudding?

Thanks in advance,

MissB

Avocado, sweet almond, coconut and olive oil infused with chamomile, calendula, nettles and rosehip herbs, purified water, cocoa butter, mango butter, beeswax, fragrance.

:)

PhonyBaloney500 said:
Avocado, sweet almond, coconut and olive oil infused with chamomile, calendula, nettles and rosehip herbs, purified water, cocoa butter, mango butter, beeswax, fragrance.

You beat me to it! It's my favorite out of all her creams.

PhonyBaloney500 said:

Thank you!!!

oglorious1 said:
Which product would be appropriate for making and holding twists

Hmmm, I think any of the creams/pomades would work well for twisting hair, depending on individual hair type, and what type of product/hold you are looking for. For a lighter product/hold Sun Kissed and Shea What?! a little heavier, Mane Attraction and Heavenly Pudding.

Thanks so1913.......I am now OFF the PJ wagon. :ohwell:
I've ordered just about everything she sells. :whyme: Thanks again.

On a lighter note, your hair is gorgeous! Your curls are so cute :)

nurseN98 said:
Thanks so1913.......I am now OFF the PJ wagon. :ohwell:
I've ordered just about everything she sells. :whyme: Thanks again.

On a lighter note, your hair is gorgeous! Your curls are so cute :)

LOL, not sure you should thank me for that, buy you're welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase :-D

Back