At the salon or at someones house?

mscounselor

I know some people dont go to the salon for fear of bad practicing, SH stylists when it comes to relaxers, trims, texturizing etc.
What is your opinion on getting braids? Do you prefer to do them yourself, go to someones home, or go to a salon?

Just wondering

I've always gone to someone's home for my braids, and the results have been great. The lady that braids my hair works in a salon as well, but she charges so much more at the salon than when she does it at her house. At the salon, I suppose I'm paying for her booth rental and the ambience/atmosphere.

I've done both. I am more concerned as to who is doing my hair and what the specific style is.

Years ago I use to have my micro braids at a ladies house.

The last couple of years I have had cornrow extensions at a salon near me but I always have my hair done by one particular lady.

I want to give my hair a break from extensions and in a couple of weeks, I am going to have my hair cornrowed without extensions by a young lady at her house. This will be the first time that I have gone to her but if I am happy, I will go back.

But if I decide to have microbraids, I would go back to lady 1, for cornrow extensions I would go back to lady 2 and if I am happy with my cornrows without extensions I will go to lady 3.

Back