At what length did you consider your hair long

When my hair reaches brastrap I will consider it long. I've had a moving target of what I consider long. I remember I could not wait get to shoulder legenth. As a matter of fact, I remember saying something like, "If my hair does not grow any more after reaching , I will be happy" Then I go to shoulder legenth and started eying armpit. At this point I feel my hair is short. I hope I wont feel this way when I get to Bra-Strap....Is there a hair doctor in the house????

lovechic

Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
we as women of color are comparing our hair to non-Black standards of long, instead of what most Black folks traditionally consider long. There is a subjective difference within our race of what long is, b/c a lot of Black women don't have long hair. I'm glad that we're challenging the stereotypes and pushing ourselves to think outside of the box. Who knows, we may take over someday!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree!!!
Okay!!! Say it again!!!

lovechic

Long hair to me is BSL! I say that and I still don't consider my hair long yet!:sad: what a shame! Well now that I think about it, I think Waistlength is considered LONG to me! Maybe I will be satisfied when I get there!

carmella25

I am also at bra strap and I still dont consider my hair long either. I thought that I would know that Ive reached my first goal. But nope

candycane said:
[ QUOTE ]
I am right at bra strap and I still don't consider my hair long. Especially compared to some of the other ladies on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when I finally make it to bra strap, I probably still will not consider it long.

Candycane

~*~ShopAholic~*~

When I had a ponytail that would be pulled to the middle of my head and fell past my shoulders hitting my back. I miss those days,;) .

Kitkat

Even though family members have asked "is that all your hair or a weave", and co-workers comment on how "nice and long" my hair is, I still don't consider it long at shoulder length. Because whenever I hear those comments I think well, tons of women on LHCF have armpit/brastrap/waistlength hair - I've got nothing on them!:lol: