How long did it take you to grow out your hair

Tai

There are so many women on this board with bra-strap or longer hair. I'm starting out with hair that's shoulder length. For those of you with bra-strap length or longer hair, how long did it take you to reach the top of your bra strap? Months, years? I guess I'm trying to figure out a realistic time line to have my own 3b/c hair reach the top of my bra-strap...

Tracy

It took me years....but I'm hair growth challenged. Slow growth rate for me. I got there though!

Angelicus

Ok, for my hair... it took a year for it for the point of my "V" to touch my bra strap. i started off with shoulder length hair. check the pics.

skegeesmb

I'm still growing it to brastrap. But If I make brastrap by December it would have taken me a year and nine months to get to brastrap. But I'm thinking it will get there by late September late October a year and a half, to a year and seven months.

Now if we count shaved off to bra-strap add a year to that.

godzooki

My hair is just now beginning to touch bra strap but it's not even yet so I don't count myself there. Maybe by June or July's touch up. It will have been a year and a half by then and I started at barely touching bottom of neck due to a vicious chop (one of many) by my former stylist.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
Ok, for my hair... it took a year for it for the point of my "V" to touch my bra strap. i started off with shoulder length hair. check the pics.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow Anky! I just saw your newest album for the first time! (tried to enter a comment but it must be shut off) Your hair is lookin' real good! Nice and thick just like you said. You go girl!

BAck to the topic at hand, it sounds like it's taking most of you 1 1/2 years to grow your hair from shoulder length to brastrap. That's pretty good growth, actually. The average is what, 6 inches per year?

lonei

It took me about 2.5 years to grow mine from a very short cut like Halle Berry to the current length. I now understand how to properly care for my hair, in the past I wasnt as educated, thus I could have avoided my pitfalls along the way!!

[ QUOTE ]
bigfrogyrl said:
It took me years because I sometimes did some down right stupid things to hinder my hair's growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

BillieJean

My hair grows about six inches a year. So if you have 12 inch shoulder length hair it should take about 1 and 1/2 year you should reach bra stap. If you have minimum breakage.

jainygirl

I started with a "Halle"/"Toni" cut and i am currently an inch past brastrap, it took me about 3.5 years.

renee_n_3000

I used to be in the habit of getting shoulder-length hair cuts in the spring -- maybe in May at the end of school. I think it would get to brastrap/midback by Christmas, or mid January. Then, if I didn't cut it again that spring, I think it would take about the same amount of time to get to one or two inches from waist. (waist-length is about 31 inches for me)

I think my hair grows fastest in warm weather, which is why I don't mind getting a major haircut in the spring. I can't decide whether I want one this spring, though, and am trying to make up my mind by next weekend.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
for any of you that has grown their hair past shoulder length, did any of you use Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14???????????????????????????????

InsertCleverNameHere

It took me probably a year and a half maybe 2 and I promised myself once I got there I'd get a really good trim so I have 3 inches to go again after my trim 2 weeks ago but its not in a v anymore. Oh yeah, just wanted to add that from just at my shoulders to brastrap is about 9 inches.

naomi

good skin and hair
It took me about 2 years, my hair grows really slow. I cant even risk another haircut or even a trim.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
for any of you that has grown their hair past shoulder length, did any of you use Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14???????????????????????????????

[/ QUOTE ]I never touched surge

dannie

Well to get to above bra-strap from grazing shoulder length took me about a year. Count in unneeded trims and it probably would of took less. But my hair had been healthy for years prior, I just decided to actually grow my hair long in Jan 03'. It might take longer for someone who is learning to care for their hair.

silvergirl

i had to cut my hair in a hallie berry cut (3-4 inches all around)last year march becuase of breakage. right now im at underarm lenght even (just had a 1 1/2inch trim). all in about one year and two months. I figure i should be at brastrap come the end of fall this year. oct/nov. 2004.

sundayschild

adrienne, is it true that you credit the use of wearing braids as the primary reason for your hair's growth?

I read that in another post as a reason for a challenge.

anyway, I know you've heard this countless times but here it is again; you hair is beautiful.

CaramelKiss

I'm pasting this post I have on another thread:

I cut my hair to nape length last July to rid myself of a bad relaxer. The shortest layer was less then an inch from my scalp. Now, the back of my hair is about 2 inches from bra strap but the rest of my layers still have some catching up to do. My shortest layer is 1 inch from touching the nape of my neck. I think I will be touching or possibly be even a little past bra strap by December. So all in all 18 months starting from nape length.