Ateyaaa's New Relaxer Video

JustSimplyTish

It surprises me that she is one of the spokespersons for Motions yet she wears wigs all the time....*shrugs* Not sure how that works.....But not knocking her hustle

I would have thought it would be longer after 5 months too....looks the same as last time

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Her hair looks good....shiny and soft.

But you're right...when she said that the relaxer was done at five months post, I had to stop and contemplate. You'd think it'd have more length to it for five months of protective styling.

chelleypie810

The back is a lot longer. The front..still looks the same as the relaxing video she did 2 yrs ago or whenever

ETA: where is an old video of her actual hair..b/c it looks longer..oops are there updated ones from her last relaxer? The last one I remember is when she had her weave mishap.

Last edited:

Bnster

I find I am less on her channel with all the wigs since I am not a wig wearer. I will check out the video. Thanks OP. She wasn't able to retain her length.:perplexed

chelleypie810

^^ GIRL! my flat iron technique :nono: is a mess. I can't seem to get it. But when I roll and flat iron..I def. get that bounce and movement.

taz007

^^ GIRL! my flat iron technique :nono: is a mess. I can't seem to get it. But when I roll and flat iron..I def. get that bounce and movement.

When you write "roll" does this mean roller setting or rolling your hair around a curling iron like Ateya just did?

chelleypie810

...yea I just saw both. There's no reason for her hair to be hidden for 5 months and shes still the same length..Kinda weird. Maybe she got a trim or cut..

RENIBELL

wonder how much hair she would have if she used less heat, her hair looks good though, but i think regular heat styling is killing her progress

loulou82

Her hair looked fine to me for the most part. Some ladies just grow hair below .5'' per month. They shouldn't be penalized for that. She's retaining something and she's fine with her own progress. I protective style and limit heat most of the year and I "only" retain 4'' of hair. It is what it is.

ETA: That flat iron looked so smooth. I'll have to add it to my list of flat irons to review before I make my purchase.

Last edited:

Curlybeauty

It surprises me that she is one of the spokespersons for Motions yet she wears wigs all the time....*shrugs* Not sure how that works.....But not knocking her hustle
Good point :yep:. She really only shows her hair to relax it, and then it's back up again. And since she doesn't customize her wigs like http://www.youtube.com/user/muffinismylovers (she is so good at what she does with her hair), it makes me stray a little :ohwell:.
I would have thought it would be longer after 5 months too....looks the same as last time
Yeah, especially the front. Her hair has nice shine and everything, but what is shine, when you're stuck in the same place for a year :ohwell:
Her hair looks good....shiny and soft.

But you're right...when she said that the relaxer was done at five months post, I had to stop and contemplate. You'd think it'd have more length to it for five months of protective styling.
:yep: Basically
I find I am less on her channel with all the wigs since I am not a wig wearer. I will check out the video. Thanks OP. She wasn't able to retain her length.:perplexed
Same here. Here and http://www.youtube.com/user/muffinismylovers got me to buy a few half wigs, but ateyaaa is like over-kill!
I wish my hair had her SWANG! I am going to have to up my flat iron game ...
I finally got mines up to par, and i'm so glad I did. Technique is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G !!!!
Stalk YT videos, that's how I got mines down. I can direct you to a few of my favorites if you want me too :yep:
Thanks for this Update Curly :D
No problem JJ! When I wake up, it is e-mails, fav blogs, cafeworld on FB, YT, and then LHCF. :look::blush:

My pleasure!

JustSimplyTish

I think she wears more wigs/weaves than she does heat styling...at least from her vids she rarely wears her hair out

I want that flat iron too....it looks amazin' but I doubt I would use it enuff to pay $200+

glamazon386

I guess it works like the relaxer companies using models who "didn't need relaxers" on the boxes back in the day. I wouldn't pay those hair companies any mind. I'm just saying... :look: No comment on Ateeya's hair.

ETA: Who has the goods on the flat iron though? I plan on buying a new one in the near future.

Last edited:

Curlybeauty

...yea I just saw both. There's no reason for her hair to be hidden for 5 months and shes still the same length..Kinda weird. Maybe she got a trim or cut..
In the begining, her ends didn't look good :nono: kinda see through. It looks nice, but after a year on LHCF, I know better.
She probably got a trim :yep:
:nono::nono: If she did, kill the stylist, cause the ends didn't look fresh.
wonder how much hair she would have if she used less heat, her hair looks good though, but i think regular heat styling is killing her progress
I was thinking that, when she went to go and bump her hair. If she mastered the curling with the flat iron on her second pass with a fresh relaxer, she would be so much better. I just feel like with a fresh relaxer, there is no excuse for two passes AND a curling iron. To each their own, but damn....no wrap? or roller set for body?
That flat iron looked so smooth. I'll have to add it to my list of flat irons to review before I make my purchase.
Yeah the flat-iron did leave her hair looking nice. Can't even front!

Curlybeauty

I think she wears more wigs/weaves than she does heat styling...at least from her vids she rarely wears her hair out

I want that flat iron too....it looks amazin' but I doubt I would use it enuff to pay $200+
My thing with her, is the whole blending thing. And I feel like she "does" her hair more often than not under the wigs, because she wears a wrap if i'm not mistaken under her wigs. That's half the reason i'm scared the get any straight weave or half wig, because i'm scared the belnding will kill my hair!

chelleypie810

Yeah, especially the front. Her hair has nice shine and everything, but what is shine, when you're stuck in the same place for a year :ohwell:

:yep: Basically

Same here. Here and http://www.youtube.com/user/muffinismylovers got me to buy a few half wigs, but ateyaaa is like over-kill!

I finally got mines up to par, and i'm so glad I did. Technique is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G !!!!

Stalk YT videos, that's how I got mines down. I can direct you to a few of my favorites if you want me too :yep:

No problem JJ! When I wake up, it is e-mails, fav blogs, cafeworld on FB, YT, and then LHCF. :look::blush:

My pleasure!

-Yes please b/c I've been stalking n I still don't have it.

-:lachen: at kill the stylist. Muahaha I just trimmed my own ends on sat. Granted its not perfection it's good enough and they look so darn fresh. I love it.

-But her hair does look quite nice!

EssenceOfBeauty

Interesting video that shows how techniques on hair may affect the retaining of hair. I just watched Kimmay's lastest video and in five months she retained 2-3" and it shows while Ateyaaa's length looks just about the same IMO.

Of course, I am going off on the assumption that they have the same growth rate (.5 inches a month), which they may not.

I enjoy Ateyaaa's videos....she is so personable.

Vintageglam

"when it gets that clear look"

Love you Ateeya but you know that some chick out there is gonna be waiting all day for that clear look :lol:

AHeadOfCoils

I love Ateya but that poor thing looked like her head was burning when it was time to wash it out.

I think her problem is that she blowdrys and flat irons weekly WITHOUT heat protectant. Not once have I seen her use any. Plus she combs her hair daily to "Rewrap it"

Honestly, I DON'T think she wears them wigs outside. She be looking a fool in some of them.

JJamiah

I just wish she would get a trim, I love me some Ateyaaa but she needs to shape it IMO! Otherwise I could watch her videos all day, she is definitely a Southern Belle!

JustSimplyTish

I love Ateya but that poor thing looked like her head was burning when it was time to wash it out.

I think her problem is that she blowdrys and flat irons weekly WITHOUT heat protectant. Not once have I seen her use any. Plus she combs her hair daily to "Rewrap it"

Honestly, I DON'T think she wears them wigs outside. She be looking a fool in some of them.
:lachen::lachen::grin::grin::grin:

Curlybeauty

-Yes please b/c I've been stalking n I still don't have it.

-:lachen: at kill the stylist. Muahaha I just trimmed my own ends on sat. Granted its not perfection it's good enough and they look so darn fresh. I love it.

-But her hair does look quite nice!
I will go through some of my favorites, and hook ya up! :look::lachen:
Just be on the look-out for a PM sometime today..
"when it gets that clear look"

Love you Ateeya but you know that some chick out there is gonna be waiting all day for that clear look :lol:
I almost died when she said wait for the timer. I'm like, once I smooth and whatnot, i'm rinsing that sucka out!

I was thinking the same thing...
And she is a fan of the rat tail comb to WRAP sand style her hair :nono:. I would be a bald headed fool if I wraped this stuff ery' night!
I just wish she would get a trim, I love me some Ateyaaa but she needs to shape it IMO! Otherwise I could watch her videos all day, she is definitely a Southern Belle!
Agree with all of that :yep:

JustSimplyTish

I used to watch her all the time but I stopped because it just seemed like no matter how low I turned the volume she was always screaming...But this video today was really nice and she spoke in a great tone....well for the parts that I watched

But I am still cracking up on ....when it turns clear it is time to rinse it out...not sure why that is so damn funny to me....:grin::grin:

I do love her cooking vids though LOL