Ateyaaa's New Relaxer Video

tbaby_8

You have to also remember that she just relaxed her hair and has not gotten a fresh hair trim. If I am correct, she doesn't self trim and that is why her ends were not neat. I have seen many on here whose ends are not neat either but we praise them for there growth. Lets do the same for here. She has made a good progress.

beans08

I guess she could be a slow grower. Like a previous poster said she may not care about long hair. I just know when I was abusing my relaxed hair with heat and skinny combs, I was lucky to make collar-bone length, and now that I am natural and don't use heat, my longest layer is almost mid-back length. I suspect that's why her hair isn't longer, of course I could be wrong.

I think Ateya's hair videos are good for different styles, but not for good healthy hair.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I still think that her hair has grown since the sew in mishap. She prolly had regular trims inbetween to get to this point. I don't know what her hair looked 5 months ago cos I'm counting from her mishap and it has definitely grown.

But her hair is not as full or thick as when she was using aphogee and the swang is not the same too. She needs to go back to aphogee.

Jazala

I think her hair may be thinner due to that detangling mishap she had a few months ago. She lost a lot of hair.

brittanynic16

Truth be told, I learn how to flat iron my hair well from watching her videos. After my major hair mishap (see pic below) until 2 months ago I was pretty much doing the same thing (minus the relaxer) she is doing as far as weekly heat use. My results have been great and I may not be where I am if not for her. So, I do give her much love. But, I can say that since I stopped using heat on the ends I have been seeing better retinton.

As far as her progress, good for her :)

Aireen

I love Ateya, I started my HHJ because of her and her bubbly personality. Mind you, there are practices I wouldn't follow but that doesn't mean she doesn't have some good tips in between.

Personally, I can see the length and the condition of her hair since her sew-in incident has improved, it has not reached the level to how it looked before but maybe she needs a trim to make it look more fresh.

I've read some of the comments and everyone seems so hung up about her length in relation to her 5 month stretch and how long she's been on her journey. Well yes, she has stated she wants to grow out her hair but she's never stated how MUCH she wants to grow it out in terms of inches (16 in., 20 in., etc.) or a specific length (APL, BSL, MBL, etc.) so I don't think we have a right to keep knit-picking about that like if we know her personally. Her hair looks a bit above APL and I know some people, male or female of all races already consider that long. Also, some people have slower growth rates.
With that said, for the amount of heat she uses, for the way she combs her hair and the other not so commendable practices she exhibits in her regimen, I think her hair is doing VERY well. (She's also learned a lot more from when she first started.) We all know Ateya loves the irons and that she kind of yanks her hair whether it be with a wide tooth or fine tooth comb (she has stated she's not tender-headed so it is implied she doesn't mind what she is doing in terms of combing her hair) so let's lighten up a bit and look at the positives instead of the negatives or FIND the positives OUT OF the negatives, alright? :yep:

ETA: Oh and unless people are mindless, simple, Ateya-obsessed followers, I don't think what she posts up on YouTube is bad at all. People with any sort of knowledge or intellect when it comes to their own hair should be able to decipher what is appropriate to do in terms of their own at home hair care.

Last edited:

afrikurl

What has Ateyaa done to displease the LHCF gods? There are tons of people on you tube and she seems to rub most folks the wrong way. I understand for the folks who were former members and created controversy but it seems like she's just doing her own thing and she is always met with negativity

Aireen

What has Ateyaa done to displease the LHCF gods? There are tons of people on you tube and she seems to rub most folks the wrong way. I understand for the folks who were former members and created controversy but it seems like she's just doing her own thing and she is always met with negativity

Agreed, when I used to watch her videos more often back when she wore her relaxed hair out more and before LHCF, you'd see people in the comments picking on the most insignificant things. So it's not just LHCF, I think she's just like any other YouTuber that has haters in general. Honestly though a lot of the things were ridiculous, but I think overall she handles the negativity well. Plus to be on YouTube posting videos you have a thick skin especially if you're sponsored like she is. On top of all that, that saying little teenages like to say on their myspace about, "Haters make me famous" is VERY true in this case because leaving any sort of feedback, good or bad, via watching, commenting, rating, is earning her fame, recognition, and BANK at the end of the day. :yep:

Britt

Good for her being sponsored by Motions.
She has a great personality, very outgoing and bubbly... however, her hair leaves much to be desired. I have never ever saw the hype in her hair. I think practically anyone can get those results w/ rollerset and a sweep of the flatiron on each rolled area. Minimal product + rollerset+ flat iron= light bouncy hair :yep:

After really looking at this video, it seems she has very very fine hair, and I am not solely judging by her ends, the entire shaft of the hair when she parts it, etc looks like she has fine hair. Maybe she will never have thicker hair? Idk ... thickness is a funny thing, b/c a lot of people say it's genetics, but I've seen women in real life and on this board whose hair has grown in much much thicker than what they originally started with. Of course most of thickness is def due to genetics tho.... but there is still some hope for some type of thickness, I still haven't figured it out yet :ohwell:

caribgirl

Ateyaa's hair has grown since this video from June 2009. She might be scissor-happy which would definitely delay her progress.

Wow! She has made tremendous progress in under a year! Her bangs are lovely. Even though she blends with wigs! I wish mine would retain that length while blending. Congrats to her most defintely!