Ateyaaa's regimen and why it works for her (possibly)

beana

After watching Ateyaaa's regimen video, i noticed she uses protein (in some form) and heat weekly. Every week she uses the Aphogee green tea reconstructor, seals with silk infusion, then proceeds to dry her hair and flat iron. In many ways its almost like she's doing a mini-bkt (*or somewhat similiar in theory) process every time. I personally think she styles her hair beautifully. I know people may not be a fan of her methods, but i do believe she is on to something in terms of being able to combat damage due to her weekly use of keratin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUmztQEPWA&feature=related

I cant help but notice how many people she's inspired on yt to take better care of their hair (or at least use better products). In all honesty, i commend her for that. As with all regimen's i take bits and pieces from it and only do what i believe will benefit my hair. For example, I am positive her weekly dry/flat iton/curl heat usage wouldnt benefit my hair, but she has given me a lot to consider in terms of her protein/moisture balance and how she basically fortifies her hair weekly.

Anyways, i'm off to buy the aphogee green tea keratin, i wanna test this baby out on my own hair... :yep:

ceebee3

I like Ateyaa and I use a tweaked version of her regimen. I always deep conditon then I just rollerset instead of flat ironing or blow drying. Yes it works quite well.

Neith

My hair probably wouldn't thrive on such a regimen, but different things work for different heads :yep:

It is smart to up the protein if you are using heat all the time.

Traycee

I honestly think she has changed her regimen...I know she was really pushing ....Hmmmm I want to say Nugrow or something like that last...She is also doing wigs protective styles most of the time...So she is not doing heat weekly anymore....

Not sure why she changed her regi though

foxieroxienyc

Actually I like Ateeya's regimen, and her hair is beautiful. For me I find that weekly protein is key. In fact, I use protein with each wash (Mega-Tek), and before I started Mega-tekking I would use a hard core protein treatment monthly. Additionally two of my leave in's are straight up protein as well, Aphogee Leave-in Spray and Sebastian Potion 9.

In addition though, I condition and moisturize my hair a lot as well. I have fine strands, I'm relaxed, and I use heat whenever I choose (usually 1x/wk after a wash/dc).

Last edited:

sikora

I honestly think she has changed her regimen...I know she was really pushing ....Hmmmm I want to say Nugrow or something like that last...She is also doing wigs protective styles most of the time...So she is not doing heat weekly anymore....

Yup!! I just checked out her update video and is says that she alternates weekly deep conditioning with Nugro and Aphogee. I've never heard about this Nugro stuff

beana

Actually I like Ateeya's regimen, and her hair is beautiful. For me I find that weekly protein is key. In fact, I use protein with each wash (Mega-Tek), and before I started Mega-tekking I would use a hard core protein treatment monthly. Additionally two of my leave in's are straight up protein as well, Aphogee Leave-in Spray and Sebastian Potion 9.

In addition though, I condition and moisturize my hair a lot as well. I have fine strands, I'm relaxed, and I use heat whenever I choose (usually 1x/wk after a wash/dc).

Its good that you're in touch with what your hair needs! Like you, i'm not a no-heat warrior:grin: I dont think heat is the devil at all, however i do prefer to airdry my rollersets when time permits bc i hate sitting under the dryer. Also weeks 7-12 get a lil crazy sometimes and an occasional flat iron helps keep my hair smooth and combable.

beana

Thanks! I didn't know this...Maybe she learned how to achieve similiar results without all the heat steps. Seems like her hair practices are getting "healthier"

erikao

My hair car regimen started by watching Ateyaaa’s video. She is truly inspiring. I initially began using her exact regimen. I quickly realized that my hair does not require hard core protein. So now I only use the Aphogee Pro Vitamin leave-in conditioner, Aphogee green tea keratin, CHI, Kera Car Form wrap set lotion. I wash with Kera Care hydrating shampoo and DC with Kera Care humectants condition. This combination works really well for me. It leaves my hair soft like I just came from the salon. 
To your point about only using some parts of her regimen is true. You just take what you think will work well for your hair and give it a try. I know for a fact that my hair does not respond well to a lot of heat either. So I skip the flat ironing and just wear my protective style .

erikao

After watching Ateyaaa's regimen video, i noticed she uses protein (in some form) and heat weekly. Every week she uses the Aphogee green tea reconstructor, seals with silk infusion, then proceeds to dry her hair and flat iron. In many ways its almost like she's doing a mini-bkt (*or somewhat similiar in theory) process every time. I personally think she styles her hair beautifully. I know people may not be a fan of her methods, but i do believe she is on to something in terms of being able to combat damage due to her weekly use of keratin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUmztQEPWA&feature=related

I cant help but notice how many people she's inspired on yt to take better care of their hair (or at least use better products). In all honesty, i commend her for that. As with all regimen's i take bits and pieces from it and only do what i believe will benefit my hair. For example, I am positive her weekly dry/flat iton/curl heat usage wouldnt benefit my hair, but she has given me a lot to consider in terms of her protein/moisture balance and how she basically fortifies her hair weekly.

Anyways, i'm off to buy the aphogee green tea keratin, i wanna test this baby out on my own hair... :yep:
My hair car regimen started by watching Ateyaaa’s video. She is truly inspiring. I initially began using her exact regimen. I quickly realized that my hair does not require hard core protein. So now I only use the Aphogee Pro Vitamin leave-in conditioner, Aphogee green tea keratin, CHI, Kera Car Form wrap set lotion. I wash with Kera Care hydrating shampoo and DC with Kera Care humectants condition. This combination works really well for me. It leaves my hair soft like I just came from the salon. 
To your point about only using some parts of her regimen is true. You just take what you think will work well for your hair and give it a try. I know for a fact that my hair does not respond well to a lot of heat either. So I skip the flat ironing and just wear my protective style .

Last edited:

nymane

Me too! My friend told me to watch her and next thing I knew...I bought the entire Aphogee line (this was also the birth of my pj-ism) :nono:

gorgeoushair

She started using nugro b/c after she took down her sew in she noticed her hair wasn't thick like it used to be. Someone she knows recommended it. She's been using it for a while now. After her second sew in take down, she had a mishap. She didn't detangle well before washing and ended up w/ tangles and knots so she ended up cutting what she couldn't detangle. So she's trying to do protective styles and etc to get that spot back.

Can't you tell I love me some Ateya:grin: Traycee I guess you miss that big thread(about her sew in mishap) that got heated and closed:grin:

She still uses her heat though but not as much since she wigging it and she's rotating her products nugro, keracare, Atone(reconstructor).....

BTW I love your bun in your avi and of course I love your hair and blog:grin:

bluediamond0829

I don't think its really anything wrong with Ateeya's regimen. I actually follow her regimen with aphoghee she has very beautiful hair(well I liked it prior to her using the wigs,weaves,and nugro). I believe if she wntd to have a break or rest then ok bcuz I believe tht weaves and wigs are temporary. I personally wldnt have jumped all the way into using new products like Nugro until I saw more results.I'm not trying to be a guniea pig with no hair. But I do love to see her new hair videos tht she tapes.

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
ya know, i've always mused about this, and i'm thinking that my hair would probably be fine with a similar regimen. :look:
it loves protein, and doesn't mind the heat, as long as i use a protectant.
but i prefer wearing it in natural styles, so ah well.

MonaRae

Thanks to her I tried Aphogee poo and condish and my hair is still thanking me for it. The green tea wasn't for me but she is on the money with Aphogee!

hothair

I've been using a modified Ateyaaa reggie with weekly heat since May and my hair's doing pretty good.
I alternate moisture treatments instead of the 2 min Aphogee sometimes. I think its a great regimen if )ou want to
Use heat. I also airdry in 2 ponies instead of hand /hairdryer...

Last edited:

urbanchic

Me too! My friend told me to watch her and next thing I knew...I bought the entire Aphogee line (this was also the birth of my pj-ism) :nono:
I just posted in another thread about how I started my HHJ and I stated that it all started with Ateya's video. Her video was the 1st I ever saw on yt about hair care. Her regimen works really well for her. I have watched her hair really progress in her videos.

jetbeauty09

When she had that detangling fiasco, she started alot more protective styling to baby her hair and nurse it back to what she could've had when she took that weave down.

I personally like Ateya and even though I'm kind of the complete opposite as far as regimens go, she did inspire me to try more wigs;which turned out great as far as low manipulation of my own hair.:drunk::drunk::spinning:

henna555

yes I was inspired by ateyaa's regimen and found all the products that are used in her regimen worked well for me apart from aphogee shampoo for damaged hair it made my hair feel so hard did not like the results,i no longer use it.also found that using protein one week and mositure they other worked very well for me.too much protein every week did not help my hair,so like i say its good too try and pick out the products that work for you everyone's hair is different.