Nighttime regimen and relaxer

chrisausdav

Okay, I am new to LHCF. I had hair breakage from a stylist and extreme shedding all over my bathroom. I have done research on Affirm sensitive relaxer and Aphogee products, so I bought all Aphogee for damaged hair products. I got my hair relaxed Saturday and my stylist/BF cut my hair evenly all over. (It is short in the back-which was damaged, and the front close to my chin.:sad: I am prepared to grow my hair long and healthy, so I need some tips.

How do I take care of my hair at night. I have leave-in spray, but what else. Since I have a short style, do I just brush it back after I spray/moisturize and put a silk cap on. I need HELP!:perplexed
How to avoid flat Iron.
What is a great DC product. Also I was thinking about a Quick Weave, is this the best thing to do to protect or should I get braids?

The products I have is...
Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair
Aphogee 2 step protein treatment
Aphogee Balancing moisturizer
Aphogee 2-5 minute keratin reconstructor
Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea reconstructorizer
Aphogee ProVitamin Leave In
KeraCare Foam Wrap Set Lotion
CHI Silk Infusion

Hey Girl :hug2:

You may want to invest in a lightweight moisturizer and oil. This way you can lightly moisturize and seal, wrap, apply your scarf or bonnet and be on about your business :yep:. I know you said that you have a shorter cut, so I'm assuming that your preference is to wear it straight (?). Some Products I suggest:

Oil Suggestions:
Coconut Oil
Argan Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Hempseed oil
Olive Oil
Jojoba oil
Macamdamia Nut Oil

Moisturizers (that can be found in store):
1.Elasta QP Mango and Olive Oil Moisturizer (Can be found at Walgreens, target, Walmart and your Local Beauty Supply's), its pretty heavy however when used in moderation it can do the job.

2. Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizer (Can only be found at Sally Beauty Supply), This stuff is devine. Its the only moisturizer with cones that my hair LOVED! I still sometimes find my self reaching for it when I make my occasional trips to Sally's.

However the moisturizers that I adore (for straighter styles) are mainly sold online, so I have to throw those in too :lol:.

Moisturizers (Online Suggestions):
1. Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk (Can be found on BeeMineProducts.com): LOVE IT! It may appear that it will cause the hair to have a damp/wet feel, but doesn't. Its veryyyyyyy light I think it would be a great choice for your straight hair.

2. Blended Beauty Straight Pearl (Can be found on BlendedBeauty.com):....Words will never be able to explain how much I adore this stuff on my straighten hair. It is now the ONLY thing that touches my hair when straighten. Its a bit pricey, but a little goes a veryyyyyy long way.

Also, once your hair has reached its desired health PLEASE try to invest in more moisturizing products (Shampoo, Deep Conditioner, Leave In) and rotate them with the Aphoghee. Don't get me wrong Aphoghee is a wonderful line, but overtime (when the hair regains it good health) it can start doing more harm then good due to its protein content.

I hope this wasn't too much :lol: and I hope it helps :).

She's right, u definately need more moisture than those products provide or you're gonna protein overload. I like shescentit bananna bruleeas a dc and coco creme leave in afterwards.

I just went through a very similar situation. It has been a little over a year since my setback and subsequent cut. I am 4a/b relaxed. I self-relax with ORS lye in normal. My nighttime regimen includes: moisturizing with Nairobi Moisture-Sil Moisturizing Hair Lotion (pea sized amount) and sealing with Gleau oil (about 2 drops). I need more or less depending on how many weeks post relaxer it is.

It took some trial and error with different products, but you need to find out if your hair is low or high porosity. This makes a big difference in products. Everyone's hair is different, but I wouldn't rely to heavily on Aphogee. You may experience protein overload and make bad matters worse.

I rollerset my hair. I don't flat iron; blow dry or use hot rollers or curlers. If I want my hair straight. I wrap and sit under the dry for 10 mins after I take down my rollerset. At night I moisturize and seal; wrap and cover with a silk scarf or satin cap. After my cut, I did the same routine. I still wrapped at night and combed it out in the morning. HTH

The products I have is...
Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair - have not used
Aphogee 2 step protein treatment - didnt work for me
Aphogee Balancing moisturizer - not enough moisture or slip for me
Aphogee 2-5 minute keratin reconstructor - haven't used
Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea reconstructorizer - used sparingly maybe 3 or 4 sprays and followed with a moisture leave in (Nairobi Soft Finish)
Aphogee ProVitamin Leave In - left my hair hard and dry
KeraCare Foam Wrap Set Lotion - Love it!
CHI Silk Infusion - Love it!! Leaves my hair soft and shiny; can only use a small amount.

Back