Attempted Assasination on my Hair!!! (sorta long)

SqrpioQutie

so yesterday i went to this photo shoot for this little local company... and i asked them ahead of time if they wanted me to straighten my hair (via maxiglide) or if i could leave my hair intact... they were like, oh no, you can keep your curls, we'll just work with your curls... blah on them... i sat down in the stylists chair and just got that overall bad feeling that you get when you KNOW they're gonna do you wrong... and i was eyeing the little girl that she had with her who could have been part of that thread on little girls with extremely damaged hair....

so i relaxed a bit when she moved her irons out of the way cuz i rarely use heat (except for when i maxiglide - and that's only been like like 2 times) ... but then she picked up a comb... :eek: ... i said no, i don't use combs (especially no friggin small rattail comb) on my hair.... guys, i intentially left it damp enough to be manipulated with their fingers... they even went so far as to ask me how i style my hair, and i told them finger fluff and out the door.... so then they pull out this cheap brush and said, hey, use this as a pick... :eek: :eek: :eek: .... but it wasn't so bad... my curls were left mostly intact because i still had my moisturizer and leave-in on....

sooooo a few hours later, it was time for another hair look and do you know what these people pulled out?????.... MOUSSE... alcohol laden, nasty drying mousse... and slathered that all in my hair and THEN proceeded to "pick" it out with that d### brush... everytime she brought that brush down i was checking to see if she brought my hair down with it (no breakage than goodness!!)... that just wasn't a great time...

so today, my hair will get the bestest deep conditioning ever to make up for that horrible treatment yesterday... granted, i didn't know my hair would get as big as they got it, but i don't necessarily want my hair that big.... i wish i had had the nerve to be like, um, you're not doing this this and that to my hair but i didn't want to seem uncooperative... but the whole time i was there i was thinking, "i have GOT to post this on lhcf"...

Woah! I tell you, you just never know that to expect when you may have to leave your hair in a stranger's hands. It's good to know that you didn't experience any breakage, and I agree you are doing the right thing following up with a good conditioning. Hope you don't go through that again.

Why do you think models wear weaves. Stylists working for them dont care at all as long as they get their look. The last time I did a photo shoot My hair stylist did it so it would look ok, but that is a rarity.
Im happy that you came back with hair at all.

Betcha looked cute even tho they tried to assassinate yo' hair!:lol: You go, girl! I'm glad u made it thru!

Girl I feel you on this 110%!!! Like msc said, they do not care...it's all about getting a look and getting the shot(s) they need.

It only took ONE bad styling incident for me to learn my lesson. Since then, my agent knows that when he starts wheeling and dealing for money, he DEMANDS that they cooperate with me & my hair. I'll compromise on a lot of stuff, but unless they plan to do a wig or something to protect my hair, they will NOT be doing any and every thing to this head. :nono:

ladies ladies ladies.... if nothing else, i have definitely learned how to handle this situation in the future... take my own products too just so i'll know what's going on my hair and that is has been SqrpioQutie approved ahead of time... if i had been thinking i would have taken my wig with me and let them tease that up to high heaven.... i sorta kinda liked the end result but i dunno... the lady was like, if we make your hair bigger it'll make u look taller.. i'm like :look: ... i mean how tall can you make 5'2" look??

anyhoo, me and my hair are in recovery... i even bought her some extra moisturizer today... that was her "let's make up treat" for enduring yesterday.. :lol:

Back