Aubrey Organics Hair products???

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I would like a review on their hair products.

Has anyone here use their shampoos, conditioners (apart from Aubrey Organics GPB) and styling aids. If so, can you please enlighten me with some reviews. I am very curious to find out the results afer using them.

Thanks

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I would like a review on their hair products.

Has anyone here use their shampoos, conditioners (apart from Aubrey Organics GPB) and styling aids. If so, can you please enlighten me with some reviews. I am very curious to find out the results afer using them.

Thanks

I know I am extra late with this but beware of that detangler that they have. I forgot what they called it but that stuff did not detangle jack for my hair. Plus it contained alcohol and it smells weird. I lost the receipt so I gave it away.

dannie

The GPB is off the chain!!! It's a creamy moisturizing protein conditioner. I leave my in.

It's worth buying. You should check it out.

tryn2growmyhair

dannie_19 said:
The GPB is off the chain!!! It's a creamy moisturizing protein conditioner. I leave my in.

It's worth buying. You should check it out.
I used it and I wasnt so impressed with it. It depends on what your hair likes. I wont be buying it again.

kedra70

I've used their shampoos before and I really don't care for them - my hair began to mat up as I was washing - detangling was a nightmare. My staple from their line is GPB.

brazenxvirtue

Things aren't sounding so good for Aubrey in this thread, so I'm forced to step out of the shadows and do my duty as a pj....

Ahem. Sans hyperbole, the Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Shampoo is one of my favorite products. It's the only shampoo I've used (and I've used quite a few, both salon products and non) that makes my hair feel heavenly soft and moisturized after I've used it. Not heavy. Not dry. Just utter softness. The perfect blend of cleanliness and moisture.

In fact, it makes my hair feel so good that I've been tempted on more than one occasion not to use conditioner afterwards.

Who would want to ruin the effect?

Rave complete.

katie

I've used Aubrey Jojoba Aloe conditioner.It's a moisturizing conditioner,one of the best I've used.It was very good but I can't afford it.It costs as much as the GPB but the bottle is half the size.And plus I had to order it.But it is an excellent moisturizing conditioner IMO.

brazenxvirtue said:
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Shampoo is one of my favorite products. It's the only shampoo I've used (and I've used quite a few, both salon products and non) that makes my hair feel heavenly soft and moisturized after I've used it. Not heavy. Not dry. Just utter softness. The perfect blend of cleanliness and moisture.

Rave complete.

i agree this is a great shampoo. GPB conditioner ia a staple for me too.
there are many reviews of all the products on the website as well

katie

RushGirl said:
WOW Aloe and Jojoba??!!!! How much was it??? Do you know if they carry it at Whole Foods??

Umm.I've never heard of that store before.Maybe the US ladies would know where to find it.
I dont remember the price either or where I ordered it from.Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Girl, I'm sorry..I just realized you were in Canada.. which just happens to be where Rush is from!! :grin: You did help by letting me know which one of the conditioners were moisturizing.. thanks for that!!

SherryLove

hey ladies....

AO now makes the jojoba&aloe conditioner in 11 oz bottles, not to mention the formula has been changed and improved... and now that AO has changed their product formulations, i found the honeysuckle rose conditioner to be the most moisturizing.....here are the wonderful ingredients:

coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

lexi08

SherryLove said:
hey ladies....

AO now makes the jojoba&aloe conditioner in 11 oz bottles, not to mention the formula has been changed and improved... and now that AO has changed their product formulations, i found the honeysuckle rose conditioner to be the most moisturizing.....here are the wonderful ingredients:

coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Can the Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner be used with heat as a deep conditioner?

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
That Honeysuckle Rose sounds awesome! HOW MUCH IS IT??!!!! Can someone please help a PJ out!!!:lol: and do they have it at Whole Foods..

SherryLove

RushGirl said:
That Honeysuckle Rose sounds awesome! HOW MUCH IS IT??!!!! Can someone please help a PJ out!!!:lol: and do they have it at Whole Foods..

hey rushgirl... they should have it at whole foods....you can order it for $7.80 (11 oz ) from www.vitaminshoppe.com....

take care

greenidlady1

Rushgirl,
I've gotten mine at Whole Foods.
By the way, the Aubrey web site has customer reviews for most of their products, so that might help you narrow down what to try first.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
SherryLove said:
hey rushgirl... they should have it at whole foods....you can order it for $7.80 (11 oz ) from www.vitaminshoppe.com....

take care

OMG..they have it at VitaminShoppe!! Mine is having a grand opening sale of 40% off other brands and 50% off their brands..:eek: I hope this applies for the Aubrey..I'm calling tomorrow.. I need to go get 2-3 more bottles of the Maxi Hair..

Thanks SherryLove!!!!

and thanks greenidlady1 for the info about the reviews on the website..gonna go check them out!!!!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Wow!!:eek: I am very suprised to see this thread resurface after such a long time. I am glad that you ladies decided to give me some reviews on Aubrey Organics but I have already discovered this great line for myself and I will only be using organic hair products in my hair (Aubrey, Avalon and Jasons). I am very impressed with their shampoos and conditioners especially their Honeysuckle moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (I love:love: the sweet smell of these two) for dry brittle hair and also their GPB conditioner. They leave my hair very soft, moisturized and shiny. As for the styling aids some of them are just a hot mess.:lachen: . I am currently trying the following from Aubrey Organics:

1) Sea buckthorn leave-in liquid conditioner& curl activator= It makes my hair shiny, curly and soft but it smells really funky and it contains natural grain alcohol.

2) White Camellia and Jasmine shine conditioner spray= It makes my hair curly, shiny and soft but it smells horrible. It also contains witch hazel.

3) Calaguala fern texturizing leave-in treatment= It makes my hair stiff and the smell is just out of control :look:

4)Madarin magic ginkgo leaf & ginseng root hair moisturizing jelly= It makes my hair shiny, soft and moisturized.

I am definately going to be re-purchasing more of their moisturizing shampoos and conditioners but I am not sure about their styling aids.

fletgee

I used AO products about three years ago. The products I used were great. I used GPB (still do), JAY shampoo, Jojoba and Aloe conditioner, Island Naturals Rinse (did not need a detangler-my comb glided thru my hair) and the Blue Green Alge line. ;)

I had been thinking about going back to these products because I had no negative reactions from them. And dealing with my condition (CTCL) , my hyper skin and changing hair texture may benefit from using them again. :grin:

SherryLove

and let me add this, ladies... do not sleep on his aloe essence line... my hair absolutely loves the aloe essence conditioner for dry/damaged hair...it has a lighter consistency than the regular AO prods, but it still leaves my hair moisturized, soft, and healthy........

musiclova

I have to add my .02 because I have finally discovered Aubrey Products recently and I currently use the GPB conditioner as a pre poo treatment and the Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner after shampooing and they worked miracles for my transitioning hair. I am insterested in trying their clarifying and moisturizing poos and that Rinse sounds interesting :scratchch.
I purchase mine from Whole Foods. They have separate beauty store right next to the food store which is like heaven for me because you can find almost any natural beauty/hair product you can think of.

LynnieB

well besides the giovanni leave in that was awol @ vitaminshoppe, my daughter picked up a bottle of the honeysuckle rose shampoo.

she really wanted jason's sea kelp (which i have) so we decided to trade her aubrey's for my jasons.

i shampooed with the honeysucklerose shampoo and although alot of folks don't like it, i did - in fact i liked it better than the sea kelp shampoo. the scent isn't nearly as strong as the condish but still smells nice.

some would probably find it a bit stripping, it cleans really well, could cause a tangle or 2 - but did not dry my hair out, sounds weird, i'm sure.

Should be used in combination with the HR condish for best results!!