Any relaxed ladies use Aubrey Organics? What are your results?

Thanks to everyone for responding. I bought and tried the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner yesterday, and I LOVE IT! :grin: It just melted into my hair like butter, and definitely detangled my roots. I am 16 weeks post relaxer, and trying to continue stretching. I think this conditioner will have to be in my rotation. I might try the GPB conditioner later, since so many give it rave reviews.

Makenzie

I used the Honeysuckle Rose when fully relaxed and was not impressed.....at all. It just did nothing for my hair. No slip, no nothing.

Melissa-jane

I used the Honeysuckle Rose when fully relaxed and was not impressed.....at all. It just did nothing for my hair. No slip, no nothing.

I mix my HSR with oils to give it slip and then steam it in. I use shea butter and coconut oil/butter and a bit of honey, gives it lots of slip.:lick:

PinkPebbles

:ohwell: It was a miss for me. Both the Replenishing and the Honeysuckle Rose. I used it on freshly relaxed hair and while stretching and didnt see what all the fuss was about.

No slip, nothing extra moisturizing for me.

It was a miss for me too. I used it one time and now scared to use it again. I have a full bottle of the HoneySuckle Rose and White Camellia that I need to give away.

Aggie

It was a miss for me too. I used it one time and now scared to use it again. I have a full bottle of the HoneySuckle Rose and White Camellia that I need to give away.

PP, if you are going to give them away, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands you know:grin:. Let me know.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I loooove Blue Camomile, White Camellia, GPB and Island Naturals! I'm on the fence about HSR, I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. I only used it once though, so I need to use it a few more times before I make my final verdict. This thread is making me wanna wash my hair :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I loooove Blue Camomile, White Camellia! I'm on the fence about HSR, I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. I only used it once though, so I need to use it a few more times before I make my final verdict. :look:

IA: I haven't used my Blue Camomile Hydrating Conditioner, but I love WC, Island Naturals, GBP, Aloe & Jojoba. I am still kinda so-so about HSR although, I do love it with Steam.:lick:

I also have Rosa Mosqueta that I haven't used yet, but I am sure I will love it.

My Hair has a tendency to be "Dry" so AO Conditioners have been working extremely well for my Hair, plus I frequently use Henna/Indigo, so I need all the Moisturizing Treatments I can get.:yep:

tiffers

IA: I haven't used my Blue Camomile Hydrating Conditioner, but I love WC, Island Naturals, GBP, Aloe & Jojoba. I am still kinda so-so about HSR although, I do love it with Steam.:lick:

I also have Rosa Mosqueta that I haven't used yet, but I am sure I will love it.

My Hair has a tendency to be "Dry" so AO Conditioners have been working extremely well for my Hair, plus I frequently use Henna/Indigo, so I need all the Moisturizing Treatments I can get.:yep:
Girl you better hurry up and use Rosa Mosqetta, so I can know if it's any good or not! I was thisclose to ordering some from iHerb

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Girl you better hurry up and use Rosa Mosqetta, so I can know if it's any good or not! I was thisclose to ordering some from iHerb

I will.:giggle: It's the "most pricey of all of the AO's"

How much did iherb have it for?:look:

Perhaps I'll use it next wash day.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think it was like $13....Does it smell good? :giggle:

I think I paid $14.59 at vitacost. Something crazy. Sorry......I haven't smelled it.:look:

Like I was telling you yesterday, I think all the AO's Smell the same. Herbally-Mediciney.:perplexed I don't notice any difference in the Island Natural and the Jojoba & Aloe. Or even the WC & HSR. It smells the same.

I haven't smelled the Blue Camomille either or that Algae Mask. But I think the Mandarin Gelly smells the same as the rest of the stuff.:ohwell:

Aggie

Ladies, check out the Aubrey Organics prices on www.vitaglo.com. They are the cheapest I've seen so far.

tiffers

^^I used to order from vitaglo all the time! Wonder why I stopped :confused: They have great prices on everything, the cheapest prices on the net :D

So this thread made me bust out the HSR and I'm dc'ing with it right now :lachen: Ya'll ain't no good! :lol:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I see this thread is almost a month old, but I'll still contribute. I am a fan of AO. My favorites have been the GPB & HSR. I cannot think of many other products that give a nice amount of slip and true moisture. Most slippy conditioners are just cone filled and feel great on wet hair, but the hair does not dry moist. With the AO conditioners, even my airdried hair has moisture and suppleness.

I do get irritated with the HSR conditioner because it is so tough to get out of the bottle and the last bit in the bottom would totally go to waste if I didn't cut the bottle open. :lol: (learned that from an LHCF member). They really need to package HSR in a jar. Last year, I started using HSR as a leave-in which isn't nearly as frustrating. :)

I learned about GPB in 2002 when I joined this board and have always kept at least one bottle around. I adore the ingredient list. The cysteine is exactly what our relaxed hair needs. :yep:

It sounds like I need to get my hands on some White Camellia. I've been seeing raves about this one for a while now.

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
I have used hsr, wc and gpb. I like wc the best. They work best for me when used as directed on dry hair. The bottles are annoying so I put it in something else. I only had rave-worthy results with hsr by spriting dry hair first with a 50/50 tea mixture of hibiscus and fenugreek. I probably won't repurchase hsr, but wc/gpb have a place in my repertoire as I am going more curly girl friendly.

sqzbly1908

I use the AO HSR AND GPB - I only use it on dry hair - sometimes as an overnight - I either use them separate or mix them together - they are really great condishes

butterfly_wings

Thanks fot this thread OP, I was going to post the exact same question, this thread just convinced mt to buy Honeysuckle Rose, I can't wait to use it my hair is sooo dry at the moment

NYLegalNewbie

GPB and White Camellia have been my staples for over a year now and I have seen EXCELLENT results. Aside from Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment (which I use every 3 weeks), they are the ONLY conditioners I use. I alternate my DCs between the two of them to keep up my protein/moisture balance.

MizzCoco

I have HSR, and I'm slowly starting to like it, but I just ordered WC and GBP. Based on the responses I cant wait to use them. I probably wont repurchase HSR, but its a good conditioner.

tiffers

So I rinsed the HSR out after an overnight dc. My hair is soooooooooo moisturized and soft! I usually lose a lot of hair on wash day due to my thyroid, today I only lost about 20 hairs!!! :yay:

This is so much better as an overnight dc vs using a dryer. Definite staple now, just what my hair needed :woot:

Last edited:

blackpearl81

I love AO GPB! I use it every other week followed by a moisturizing DC...my hair feels so strong n soft afterwards! I'm going to try AO WC soon...the PJ n me cant resist

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I just received the AO Mandarin Hair Gelly (Gel) in the mail. Can't wait to try it to see if it Gels like your typical "Gel." :look:

Will be using it to Gel my Hair down for my Phony-Bun. Will let you know how it works as far as holding my Hair in place, and also if it causes any buildup/flaking etc...like other "Gels" sometimes has a tendency to do.:yep:

Will keep you Ladies posted, and If Someone is already Using this or have had any experience with it, Please Chime in. thanks