Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Blue Green Algae Hair Mask

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • They all suck!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nina_deF

I'm in the process of ordering AO products for marketing and selling in Sweden (and some EU countries).

I've read reviews and decided on:
Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo
Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner
Island Naturals Replenishing Shampoo
Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner
White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Shampoo
White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner
GPB Protein Balancing Shampoo
GPB Protein Balancing Conditioner
Swimmer’s Normalizing Shampoo
Swimmer’s Normalizing Conditioner

BUT, I've yet to find any reviews for the AO styling aids!!

Anyone tried (and would recommend):
Jojoba Oil–100% Organic
Primrose Tangle-Go Lusterizing Spray
Natural Missst Hairspray-Regular Hold
Natural Missst Hair Spray-Super Hold
B-5 Design Gel
White Camellia Shine Cond. Spray
Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly
Sea Buckthorn Curl Activator
Blue Green Algae Hair Mask

HELP!

Cheleigh

I don't know about for relaxed heads, but I know that the most popular Aubrey styling product for naturals is the Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly. I've also heard some folks like the B5 Design Gel. I've heard of people using the curl activator and shine spray, but no real reviews on them.

ajenee

Please don't get the Primrose detangler. That stuff didn't work at all. My fav. from their line is the Aloe desert and Jojoba conditioner, I also love the Island Naturals conditioner as well

baddison

natural for good
I'm natural, and the Primrose Lusterizer and Detangler is one of my FAVORITE STAPLES!!!

The fragrance is absolutely heavenly....and when I spray on my natural, frizzed, head after my wash......OMG.....the comb just seems to glide thru my hair. I even use it at bedtime as my nitetime moisturizer before I go to bed. Hey!! I even spray my braids with it. I love it, love it, love it.

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and saw they only had 3 left on the shelf.....so I bought them all. Down to two bottles....I wish they came in a bigger size than just 4oz!

I also love the Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner....mmmmmmm. I mix my entire bottle with 1tsp jojoba oil, 1tsp evco, and 1tsp sweet almond oil. Then I sit for 20 - 30min under mild heat. Then I sit some more for another 20 - 30min with no heat at all. My hair is a soft, smooth and moisturized as baby's hair.....which is great for 4b hair!!! Then I proceed with my PrimeRose Lusterizer/Detangler....awesome stuff!!!

ladylibra

OMG do NOT buy that Island Natural crap! :nono:

it has some strong spicy smell to it that WOULD NOT go away... i figured once my hair dried it would fade - i swear it got STRONGER! :lachen: that scent made me sick to my stomach, i ended up returning the stuff the next day to the health food store and swapping it out for the Honeysuckle Rose (which i then fell in love with).

stargazer613

Hi, I use and love the Blue Green Algae Mask.....the funny thing is it's a pre-poo protein conditioner, but he has it listed as a styling aid, don't know why, but it's excellent! It really softens my hair and makes detangling easy. I use it sparingly because the little jar is so expensive, so I'm trying to stretch it out as much as possible. But like most Aubrey conditioners, it helps to add some oils to this mask (maybe jojoba or olive oil or whatever you like).

Also, I've tried the Mandarin Magick Jelly, and it definitely helped keep the hair in place, but it isn't moisturizing at all, and for the price, I've decided not to repurchase and stick with Fantasia IC gel. Hope this was helpful. :)

ETA: I love the Honeysuckle Con, GPB Con, JAY con, and Egyptian Henna Shampoo

GOD

How are you gonna sell AO in the EU? AO dont even list their chemicals properly on their packaging :lachen:

EU about to crackdown on haircare producers bigtime...

Nina_deF

I don't know about for relaxed heads, but I know that the most popular Aubrey styling product for naturals is the Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly. I've also heard some folks like the B5 Design Gel. I've heard of people using the curl activator and shine spray, but no real reviews on them.

Thanks!
There are more naturals than relaxed over here so I'll definately give it a try!

Please don't get the Primrose detangler. That stuff didn't work at all. My fav. from their line is the Aloe desert and Jojoba conditioner, I also love the Island Naturals conditioner as well

Ok, check!

I'm natural, and the Primrose Lusterizer and Detangler is one of my FAVORITE STAPLES!!!

I also love the Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner....mmmmmmm. I mix my entire bottle with 1tsp jojoba oil, 1tsp evco, and 1tsp sweet almond oil. Then I sit for 20 - 30min under mild heat. Then I sit some more for another 20 - 30min with no heat at all. My hair is a soft, smooth and moisturized as baby's hair.....which is great for 4b hair!!! Then I proceed with my PrimeRose Lusterizer/Detangler....awesome stuff!!!

Ok, uncheck, I'll have to try the Primose after all!!

And I will def. try your dc routine... inorder to make a review for my clients , of course....

it has some strong spicy smell to it that WOULD NOT go away... i figured once my hair dried it would fade - i swear it got STRONGER! :lachen: that scent made me sick to my stomach, i ended up returning the stuff the next day to the health food store and swapping it out for the Honeysuckle Rose (which i then fell in love with).

What, but I've heard wonderful things about Island Natural.......
Now what???
And if worse comes to worse there are plenty of white people over here that I'm sure will be game...

Hi, I use and love the Blue Green Algae Mask

Also, I've tried the Mandarin Magick Jelly, and it definitely helped keep the hair in place, but it isn't moisturizing at all, and for the price, I've decided not to repurchase and stick with Fantasia IC gel. Hope this was helpful. :)

ETA: I love the Honeysuckle Con, GPB Con, JAY con, and Egyptian Henna Shampoo

Thank you, I am so putting your recipe on my site... after I try it myself, of course....

Oh and YES I am doing this to make a living, not because I'm a pj....
I mean, would a wino purchase a liqouer store?

Last edited:

SherryLove

The fragrance is absolutely heavenly....and when I spray on my natural, frizzed, head after my wash......OMG.....the comb just seems to glide thru my hair. I even use it at bedtime as my nitetime moisturizer before I go to bed. Hey!! I even spray my braids with it. I love it, love it, love it.

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and saw they only had 3 left on the shelf.....so I bought them all. Down to two bottles....I wish they came in a bigger size than just 4oz!

the primrose detangler works well for me as well.....smile...

Menina Preta

LOL...I just tried Island Natural yesterday, but I loved it. :) The smell is unique, true, but it went away after I rinsed.

To the OP: I've never tried their styling aids, so sorry I can't be of any help.

To the board: Aubrey Organics is the best! I have been using it for the past month and I think my hair is better moisturized after DCing with it. Unfortunately, it does not have that much "slip," but once I rinse it out, I notice that a few seconds later, my hair feels more 'cleanly' moisturized...meaning it feels soft on its own not b/c of a conditioner product that left a coating residue. I've tried two moisturizing ones so far: Honeysuckle Rose and Island Naturals. I've also tried the protein one, GPB. When I'm done with the HR or IN, I will probably try the Jojoba and Desert one, due to the rave reviews on their website.

Kelly210

The sea buckthorn curl activator leave-in didn't do much for my hair, but it left my cousin's hair soft, no curls though.

MirrorDoll

Jojoba Oil–100% Organic - c'mon, no one could mess that up? :)

Primrose Tangle-Go Lusterizing Spray - witch hazel based, I wouldn't put it in my hair, but it is good for the scalp. Good for people like me who may get dry scalp, but don't like oils. It also has mucopolysaccharides, so it may enhance growth.

B-5 Design Gel - My favorite gel ever!

Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly - Don't like it much. Tends to flake, has harder hold and is not as moisturizing as the B5 gel.

MrJohnsonsRib

How about that 100% Jojoba oil? I may try that out....we have this place called The Natural Pantry and they seem to have a lot of cool stuff there.... :) It's the onyl "natural" place here I've seen really.

lollyoo

How are you gonna sell AO in the EU? AO dont even list their chemicals properly on their packaging :lachen:

EU about to crackdown on haircare producers bigtime...

Aubrey organics is available in EU additional label is available at side of the EU products showing full ingredients listing. I believe if you use the search button, I have listed a full ingredients listing for Aubrey organics HS.

However you will need to by from their EU supplier directly to ensure that it has the right labelling and EU address on package.
Please make sure you follow this rule as from mid april 2009, EU cosmetic law is changing, you can now be held responsible (sued) for all cosmetics products shipped into EU, so the main company may not be liable but you can be sued if there are issues.

I think you should be fine with aubrey as they have EU distributor, that complies. I can post the distributor details I believe is still on my bottle of HS.

I think the law will mainly affect you shipping small company products - as the products need to comply with EU regulations with regards to laboratory testing and assessment, and EU labelling company.

I will be scared of stocking up small company products from US, except I have proof that they have been tested by a chemist, and labelling compliant. With this new law, you can be held liable not necessarily the manufacturer. Most big companies know this law anyway and their products I believe their products are tested and they can afford it.

Last edited:

lollyoo

For OP- Here is the details of their distributor, based in brighton UK
Au Naturel (UK) Inc
20 Old Steine,
1st Floor
Brighton
BN1 1EL
TEL- 01273 693022

HTH

baddison

natural for good
Just recently learned about the protein benefits of Blue Green Algae.

This is what Aubreys says: "There's no better conditioner for the hair than protein. And there's no better source of vegetable protein than blue green algae, made up of over 50% utilizable protein, all the major amino acids and a long list of vitamins and minerals."

I am using now the BGA Protein+Strengthening:
http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=803
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Almond Protein, Organic Blue Green Algae, Milk Thistle Extract, Organic Lavender Oil, Rosewater, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

I didn't think I could find a natural/organic protein conditioner, but I'm glad I found this. I have added this protein conditioner along with Aubrey's GPB condish. These product truly make my hairs strong. But the conditioners are not harsh and the hair doesn't get hard even when used with heat.

My hair really agrees with this line of conditioners. Not the shampoos, mind you:nono:....but the conditioners are great for my newly relaxed head.:lick:

Melissa-jane

I have tried AO HSR and GPB and I love them, there is nothing else I would rather use, seriously.

I like the desert herb conditioner and shampoo but I will not be repurchasing as in my opinion the above conditioners are better for 4a hair. Now I am natural its more about moisture then protein.

I will soon have manderin magic jelly in my clammy paws, when I have had a look see I will review it.

Transformer

I have tried AO HSR and GPB and I love them, there is nothing else I would rather use, seriously.

I like the desert herb conditioner and shampoo but I will not be repurchasing as in my opinion the above conditioners are better for 4a hair. Now I am natural its more about moisture then protein.

I will soon have manderin magic jelly in my clammy paws, when I have had a look see I will review it.

Devoted AO HSR user, however I think the White Camelia is actually more moisturizing than HSR. I love the smell of honeysuckle though.

Neith

Jojoba Oil–100% Organic - Of course this stuff is good *yep* but there are other good organic jojoba oils that are cheaper.

Primrose Tangle-Go Lusterizing Spray - It wouldn't be moisturizing on hair. I did want to experiment with it as a growth aide, but I never stuck with it long enough. It has good ingredients for the scalp.

B-5 Design Gel - I love this gel! Light hold and plenty moisture.

Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly - I didn't like it. I recall it being sticky and weird. I only used it once and tossed it.