Aubrey's GPB

Iansan

I have overprocessed ends from the stylist applying my last relaxer roots to ends at my last touchup. I used Aubrey's GPB as a prepoo my last wash, and I loved the way it made my ends feel. Is this conditioner safe to use weekly? And if I use this conditioner weekly, should I still do a hardcore protein like Aphogee every six weeks? TIA.

Allandra

buttafly said:
I have overprocessed ends from the stylist applying my last relaxer roots to ends at my last touchup. I used Aubrey's GPB as a prepoo my last wash, and I loved the way it made my ends feel. Is this conditioner safe to use weekly? And if I use this conditioner weekly, should I still do a hardcore protein like Aphogee every six weeks? TIA.
I've used this conditioner weekly without any problems at all. This is the only protein conditioner I use, and I love it. I've been using it since 2000.

Last edited:

SherryLove

yeah... i have been using it since 1997 and i absolutely love it along with all of his other products... i even sleep with it in my hair overnight, and my hair is nice, soft, and strong the next morning..and it's the only protein i use in my hair... see how it goes... if you hair feels healthy and strong just using the GPB then maybe you will not need to use the other protein products...

Kalani

I have been using this since...shoot..the late 80's! My mom had discovered it when I was young. She always went to those health food stores and saw it on the shelf one day.
I've been using it ever since! Of course now I am such a PJ that I have to rotate it with my zillion other conditioners so I probably use it bi-weekly.
:lol:

Allandra

sweetpeadst said:
Where did you get it from (I am turning into a PJ) we probably don't have it in Mobile!!!!!!!!!
Try checking some of the health food stores in Mobile.

Mariaat40

This is the only protein conditioner I use too. Some of the other ones are too strong for my fine hair. It's definitely gentle enough to use every week.

L

lkg4healthyhair

I use Aubrey's GPB as a pre-poo treatment once a week. I used to use Keraphix but I really like Aubrey's.

I got mine from the Vitamin Shoppe.

Britt

Do you guys use this with heat or without ? Also, how long do you leave it on for?

star

Britt said:
Do you guys use this with heat or without ? Also, how long do you leave it on for?
As a pre-poo I use no heat. But as a regular conditioner I use heat for 30 minutes. :grin:

SherryLove

i use it with no heat and let my hair marinate in it (GPB) mixed with ao's honeysuckle rose or jojoba and aloe conditioner overnight..i get great results this way....

Daisy'sHair

WOW! I use it as a pre-shampoo treatment as well, sometimes I use a conditioner cap, sometimes I don't. The product is very versatile it self and really needs no added heat, however I like it when I know I am getting a great pre and post shampoo treatment. I use alot of products by Aubrey Organics and I am in love and so is my hair. :)

SherryLove

also, the newer formula contains less protein and more moisture than the older formula does ...but it still keeps my hair nice and strong....

L

lkg4healthyhair

I leave it in for 15 mins no heat just shower cap before I shampoo...when I wash it out it has lots of slip.

I also use this. recently ive been using it as a pre-poo for 30 mins with a plastic cap. I LOVE THIS CONDITIONER ! ! ! My hair always comes out strong and well mositurized.

HWAY

I use it as a prepoo for 30 mins with no heat. Does it work better with heat? I shampoo and condition with heat afterwards.

LABETT

I love Aubreys GPB it works better with heat on my hair I have never tried it as a pre treatment will have to soon.

Britt

Darn im anxious to retry this. I want to try it out this weekend and sleep with it in my hair, if I can't do that, I will keep it on for about 2 hrs. with a plastic cap and my towel.