How do you know when you need

hawaiianhoney

more than a light protein conditioner? I have Nexxus Keraphix and Aphogee and I don't know which one to use. My hair is breaking more on one side and the other is normal and my ends are dry and frizzy.

Which one would be better to use? I used Aubrey's GPB, but noticed nothing different in my hair, so does that mean that I should use the more intense Aphogee?

northernbelle

As I understand it, Aphogee is for severe breakage. However, this product is very strong, and makes the hair so hard that it could potentially break if you were to touch it while conditioning.

As I have never used Aphogee, I cannot give you any pointers. However, I am sure someone will come along in a minute to help you out.

Good Luck!
northernbelle

Zuppy

Have you used the Aphogee before and it worked? Perhaps you should use a clarifing shampoo, then use one of your products.
Personally I use Nexxus Emergencee for breakage at it works great. I use the emgergnecee and then Humetress it worked wonders for me and my daughters hair. But don't use it if your hair is breaking from dryness. If your hair is just dry do more DEEP conditioning and dry conditioning washes.

Kaela

I used to use the strong Aphogee treatment periodically, and it worked great (I was growing out highlights) but the last time I used it, my hair got REALLY hard, and was dry and broke a little bit. That scared me out of using it ever again. I think its a good product, but I think its only for serious damage, and you really shouldn't use it on a regular basis.

After that, I have been using GPB, and I like that a lot. I retain elasticity when I use GPB. I think with protein conditioners in general its a progressive treatment, and you may not have a 100% turnaround in your hair the first time you use it. I would stick to something a little less strong that aphogee, especially if you are worrying about dryness, because its so easy to do too much.