Aubrey's Organics- J.A.Y. Shampoo

BlkMane

Aubrey\'s Organics- J.A.Y. Shampoo

I washed my hair with this yesterday for the first time AND I did not like it. It gave my hair that "stripped, squeaky clean" feeling and really, really tangled my hair. (I like my hair to be soft and untangled after washing.)

I usually can finger comb my hair after shampooing but with this stuff my hair was a tangled mess! Since I then proceeded to condition with Amla powder (mixed with Rosemary, Sage and Jojoba Oil), then Queen Helene Cholesterol I wasn't able to comb thru my hair until I applied my finishing rinse.

It makes me think that maybe Paula Begoun (author of "Don't Buy Hair Care Products Without Me") was right when she said that Aubrey shampoos are drying.

For those that use J.A.Y. shampoo: Does it leave your hair all tangled?

kasey

Re: Aubrey\'s Organics- J.A.Y. Shampoo

Hi BlkMane

AO shampoos are super concentrated. If you look a the ingredients on the bottle, water is one of the last ingredients. In most shampoos, water is the first ingredient. Try diluting your J.A.Y. shampoo with one part shampoo and one part distilled water.Also, you only need about a half teaspoon of it for each shampoo.

P.S. I saw your new hair pictures. Your hair looks great!!! I think I might look for that Avocado conditioner.

Also, how are the rosmary and sage rinses going?

--kasey

lamluvston

Hi Blkmane,

The J.A.Y leaves my hair dry and tangled, too. I just couldn't understand why. It also did the same thing for my two daughters' hair.

Maybe I'll take the advice to dilute it first......

By the way, love your pics, your hair looks beautiful!

Tonia

Armyqt

Blkmane, I too have experienced the same with the JAY. Needless to say I have a full bottle, and I purchased it about 1yr ago. I was chatting with one of my "hair buddies" yesterday and she said most natural shampoos are not moisturizing and can make the hair feel dry. Her suggestion was to shampoo a second time, using a more moisturizing shampoo. HTH.

BlkMane

Ladies-

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to try to dilute as suggested with distilled water. If that doesn't work, I'll be mixing it with my beloved Dady shampoo until it is gone.

And I thought this shampoo was going to be soooo moisturizing because it had Jojoba Oil! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Allandra

The same thing happened to my hair when I tried Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Shampoo (back in 2000). I wasn't happy with it at all. I ended up giving it away. I do have a bottle of Jason Hemp Oil Shampoo. It kind of leaves my hair feeling a little like the J.A.Y. I bought it because I liked the ingredients. When I use it, I try not to disturb my hair too much. Right after rising it out, I follow up with Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (which helps a bit).

BlkMane

Well, I prepared a small batch of "adulterated" J.A.Y. shampoo for my next shampoo. In a 6 oz. container I mixed in 1 1/2 oz. of Rosemary & Sage water (I simmered the herbs in distilled water), approx. 1 1/2 oz. of the J.A.Y. shampoo and filled the rest of the bottle up with distilled water (about 3 oz.).

I shaked it up and put it in the fridge. I will try it the next time I shampoo. If it is TOO watered down, I'll just add more shampoo, but hopefully this will be better. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

hairfanatic

I tried many of Aubrey's shampoos when I was relaxed and the shampoo tangled my hair a lot, but once I put the GPB on their it was fine. I will say that the shampoos work a lot better on my natural hair than they did when I was relaxed. Over time also, I noticed that the shampoos seemed somewhat drying to my hair now that I am natural. I didn't know if my hair was too thick and I wasn't getting all my hair saturated or what. That's why I switched to Earthly Delight.