Aug 25 26 27 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Today: I was going to wash today, but the braidout looked too good when I undid my braid, so weekend braidout it is.

Saturday:
Teach my cousin how to wash and style her hair.

Sunday: Prepoo and finger detangle for a Monday wash.

Last edited:

guyaneseyankee

Since I flat-ironed my hair last night and it lasted all of two hours, I'm going to put in my curlformers to see what results I get on already straightened hair, versus my shrunken natural hair. I'll probably do that on Saturday. However long that lasts, I'll wash and condition and pray that I didn't get heat damage. I don't think so, I was generous with the heat protector and didn't keep the flat iron on each section too long

nymane

Shampoo: Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo

Deep Conditioner: Joico K-Pak RevitaLuxe Bio-Advanced Restorative Treatment (25 minutes with heat)

Follow-up Conditioner: Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner (10 mins without heat in the shower)

Leave-in Conditioner
: Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream

Serum: Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil

Roller Set

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Saturday evening perhaps:

Section hair into 10 sections and prepoo: Goody Updo barrettes and NaturelleGrow Mango & Coconut Water DC
Detangle: With the prepoo still in to perform as the detangler, Kareco Tangle Buster brush
Cleanse scalp: Silk Elements Scalp Treatment
Cleanse (prepoo off of) strands: Soultanicals Soulvedic Strands Poo Bar
Deep condition: Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Deep Penetrating Hair Treatment
Liquid: AVJ
Butter: Jakeala Amla Hair Shea Hemp Castor Parfait (containing brahmi, neem, etc.)
Gel: EarthTones Naturals Gelly

Style: Flat twist out from about 20 twists

discodumpling

I really don't have the time for my hair this weekend...my time and energy is beholden to "others" HOWEVER it has been 2 weeks since my last DC and my hair is giving me attitude. So before this turns into a full blown fight i'm gonna handle her with the love and care she deserves. So somewhere in between dropping my kid to football practice and grocery shopping this morning imma get her done!
If you see me walking around the community with a plastic bag covered by a scarf just say "hey" and keep it moving...y'all already know what it is.

I need a cleansing wash to undo all that has been done so i'll reach for my ORS chelating shampoo.
Place my hair in 4 sections and snip the ends cause its time.
DC with Sally's ION extreme moisture (protein next week) for a full hour under the dryer.
Rinse thoroughly and apply a heavy hand of my current fave leave-in ORS Ghee Butter
The weather has been dry and should be dry for the next couple of days so i'll add a moisturizer in between my leavin and gel...probably ORS Ghee Butter styler
Lastly a good shellacking with Eco gel; most likely Argan cause that's all that's left after DD used my Eco Olive to make slime last night....wait till she wakes up :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow:
Pre-Treat: J.Monique's Burdock Root & Nettle DC'er (dry hair plastic cap)
Cleanse: Texture Me Natural's "Cleanse Me Gently" Cleansing Conditioner
Treat: Cathy Howse UBH (under Dryer)
DC: Kindred Butters Avocado & Moss DC'er (under Dryer)
L-I: Apply Leave-In & Heavy Seal (LBCO *various*)

Aggie

Morning ladies. I am finally back to taking care of this mane of mine after my trip to Canada.

Here's what I'm doing today:

Prepoo: A mixture of NG Mango and Coconut DC, AVJ, Grapeseed and Coconut oils and after 3 weeks of not combing my hair, it detangled like a breeze using this mix.
Demi Color: Matrix Black Ash and Volume 10 Cream Developer
Clarify: Keracare 1st Lather
Shampoo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
DC: NG Vanilla Fig DC
Leave in: Bekura Honey Latte
Style: Bunning
Moisturize: S-Curl Moisturizer

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Today:

1. Pre-Poo: Warm olive oil on scalp and Annabelle's Pre-Poo Treat on length
2. Poo: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo with EO
3. Hair Treatment: Annabelles White Chocolate for 10 mins
4. DC: KJ Naturals Rosemary Coconut DC under heat for 30 mins
5. Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
6. Heat Protectant: Kenra Heat Protectant
7. Dry: Perm rod set under Pibbs for 60 mins
8. Moisturize: Oyin Hair Dew
9. Seal: Keracare Hair Oil

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
My hair is in 60 small twists.

Friday
Prepoo twists overnight with Auromere preshampoo + Sesa Ayurvedic oil mix.
*I forgot to prepare my teas yesterday

Saturday morning
  • Prepare herbal tea - 1 Tsp triphala powder + 1Tbs each dried rose & hibiscus flowers in 16oz boiling distilled water. Reserve 4 oz.
Saturday night
  • Cleanse twice with 1Tsp Aritha, Shikaikai & Meera Herbal Hair Wash powder mix in 4oz tea base. Rinse well and towel blot.
  • Apply 1Tbs Mane Choice Growth Oil + equal parts Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, Nature's Gate Herbal conditioners & Dabur Vatika Black Seed Hair Mask mix. Deep Condition for 30 minutes using Gold'n'Hot heat cap. Rinse well.
  • Final rinse with 12oz of herbal tea. Leave it in.
  • Apply Jane Carter Solution Seal and Shine + Wrap and Roll. Rod set twists.
  • Dry for 30 minutes with Curlformers Softhood.

Aggie

My hair is in 60 small twists.

Friday
Prepoo twists overnight with Auromere preshampoo + Sesa Ayurvedic oil mix.
*I forgot to prepare my teas yesterday

Saturday morning
  • Prepare herbal tea - 1 Tsp triphala powder + 1Tbs each dried rose & hibiscus flowers in 16oz boiling distilled water. Reserve 4 oz.
Saturday night
  • Cleanse twice with 1Tsp Aritha, Shikaikai & Meera Herbal Hair Wash powder mix in 4oz tea base. Rinse well and towel blot.
  • Apply 1Tbs Mane Choice Growth Oil + equal parts Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, Nature's Gate Herbal conditioners & Dabur Vatika Black Seed Hair Mask mix. Deep Condition for 30 minutes using Gold'n'Hot heat cap. Rinse well.
  • Final rinse with 12oz of herbal tea. Leave it in.
  • Apply Jane Carter Solution Seal and Shine + Wrap and Roll. Rod set twists.
  • Dry for 30 minutes with Curlformers Softhood.
Wow, I love your ayurveda regimen @Bibliophile. I want to try Triphala powder too. How does your hair feel after using it please, pray tell?

FelaShrine

Detangle: SSI Sugar Peach Conditioner

Detox: ST Pumpkin Detox Clay

DC: APB Honey Molasses DC + APB UCS under my Hot Head Conditioning Cap for 40 mins

Leave-In: APB LI Conditioner

BlowDry

Thought I wa sthe only one not to go gung-ho heat protectant before blowdrying :look: :lol:
did you use anything after blowdrying?

RossBoss

Washed with a shampoo bar, rinsed with diluted acv, deep conditioned with Queen Helene Cholesterol and castor oil then put Suave conditioner and castor oil in my hair. Will co-wash tomorrow morning before going to work.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Wow, I love your ayurveda regimen @Bibliophile. I want to try Triphala powder too. How does your hair feel after using it please, pray tell?

Sorry for the delay @Aggie
Triphala makes my hair feel smooth with high elasticity and no crunchy ends. I get defined kinks from the amla. The other two herbs negate the dryness/crunch that amla imparts.

I originally bought Triphala powder to drink as tea but quit after three months. It has an overwhelming pungent, bitter, earthy & sour taste.:barf:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Might well be nothing because hair feels good and I'm feeling lazy. Probably do a good detangle, oiling and scalp massage at the very least.

Misted with glycerin/rosewater/avj mix, detangled and made 5 sections Didn't seal because hair was still heavily oiled from earlier in the week. Applied rosemary EO to the scalp, massaged with my ting-ting and inverted for a few minutes.