August 2022 What Did You Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
-Olive and Aloe Anti Breakage Lotion from Africa's Best. I wrote my thoughts about it in the Random Hair Thoughts thread. Very interesting product.
-Ors Olive Oil Lye relaxer in Normal in case I still hate my texture wet and air dried lol
-Ors Hair Mayonnaise because I wanted to try it and it's cheaper than the mix I normally make with Mielle Mongongo Oil Protein Free Deep Conditioner and Aphogee 2 Step.

Aggie

This week I bought:

Mizani Coco Dew Curl Prestyling Sprays x2 - I really like this as a refresher spray as well as a prestyler.
Mizani True Textures Curl Define Pudding x3 jars - I haven't tried this one yet but heard great things about it as a defining cream that works well with styling gels. I want to try it out with both ECO and Xtreme Styling Gels.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Camille Rose Curlaide x 3
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Leave In
Kiss edge fixer x 2
Ecostyler Black castor oil and flaxseed

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp please don’t play this game where’s your next haul coming from?
It depends on if I stay with Redken or if I switch to the cheaper Proclaim from Sally’s . Either way I have carts full for both :look: but I’m waiting for a good sale. Maybe Black Friday? I have too much stuff as it is though.:spinning: I need to pace myself between new purchases. My next big purchase I will be buying enough product to last me the whole year:drunk:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
It depends on if I stay with Redken or if I switch to the cheaper Proclaim from Sally’s . Either way I have carts full for both :look: but I’m waiting for a good sale. Maybe Black Friday? I have too much stuff as it is though.:spinning: I need to pace myself between new purchases. My next big purchase I will be buying enough product to last me the whole year:drunk:
You making me want to hit my Sams beauty cart like hey big head since I hadn’t ordered since May.

naturalyogini

Ok. So I have been throwing out, giving away products that no longer/ didn't work on my hair. Jlexillc, Bask and Bloom, Hennasooq, amongst them.

So I decided to try Pattern Beauty again. Purchased from Sephora:
Moisturizing shampoo
Intensive conditioner
leave in
spray
curl cream
curl gel
Mask treatment
That way if they don't work, back they go; and I get my card refunded. No hassle. No begging.

Jlexillc ripped her drawers with me. No longer a fan.

Last edited: