Aveda Flaxseed Oil Gel

swtpea

FYI Aveda has Flaxseed Oil Gel. I love the quality of Aveda products. Althought they are quite pricy, they are known for being all natural, consistent and quality. I ordered a bottle or about $21 dollars. To me, this beats having to make my own gel. The review were good and claim that it does not flake. I only plan to use it to help lay down my edges during my transition. I'll keep you ladies posted. I got mine off of Amazon.

Tiye

I don't think I've ever used the Aveda flax gel, but I've been using Aveda products for years and I like them. Just to clarify the products are not "all natural" but they are made with a lot of high quality natural ingredients and you do get what you pay for.

suns4i6e

swtpea, are you referring to this Aveda product?

swtpea

swtpea, are you referring to this Aveda product?

Yes ma'am. This is what I ordered. I'm hoping it doesn't flake. I'm probably going to get chastised for this but I HATE ecostyler gel. That stuff flakes on me like no other. I even add extra evoo sometimes. I just needed a good quality gell to help smoth my edges during my transition. I refused to make my own flaxseed oil gel. I'm just not that type of person.

suns4i6e

Embyra, I have this gel and it is thin, liquidy. I believe the below is an accurate list of ingredients. I purchased this a while ago before I realized my hair doesn't like pvp/va copolymer or polyquats. Because it has thin consistency, it doesn't aid in clumping if that is something you seek, but i recall it having a good firm hold, which is something i seek. It has a modified cone that is water soluble if you are CG but it also has alcohol denat, which the the drying alcohol, not the good fatty kind.

aqueous (water, aqua purificata, purified) extracts: linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract, aloe barbadensis leaf, alcohol denat., pvp/va copolymer, polyquaternium-11, hydroxyethylcellulose, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, oryzanol, tocopherol, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, peg-12 dimethicone, polyquaternium-7, glycerin, fragrance (parfum), geraniol, linalool, citronellol, maltodextrin, diazolidinyl urea.

swtpea

suns4i6e, what were the man differences between this & ecostyler besides consistently? Does the Aveda flake? I hate ecostyler & always had a flaking problem. I just wanted something to smooth my edges and bring out my natural wave a bit. TIA :yep:

suns4i6e

@suns4i6e, what were the man differences between this & ecostyler besides consistently? Does the Aveda flake? I hate ecostyler & always had a flaking problem. I just wanted something to smooth my edges and bring out my natural wave a bit. TIA :yep:

swtpea, I don't like ecostyler either. It contains carbomer and PVP, which my finicky hair hates. Although I have never flaked with eco, I don't think you should have a flaking problem with Aveda. I definitely recommend using a leave in cond (if you don't already) due to the drying effect the alcohol denat may have. As long as your leave in is well absorbed, I do see why the Aveda flax gel should flake.

Embyra

Embyra, I have this gel and it is thin, liquidy. I believe the below is an accurate list of ingredients. I purchased this a while ago before I realized my hair doesn't like pvp/va copolymer or polyquats. Because it has thin consistency, it doesn't aid in clumping if that is something you seek, but i recall it having a good firm hold, which is something i seek. It has a modified cone that is water soluble if you are CG but it also has alcohol denat, which the the drying alcohol, not the good fatty kind.

aqueous (water, aqua purificata, purified) extracts: linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract, aloe barbadensis leaf, alcohol denat., pvp/va copolymer, polyquaternium-11, hydroxyethylcellulose, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, oryzanol, tocopherol, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, peg-12 dimethicone, polyquaternium-7, glycerin, fragrance (parfum), geraniol, linalool, citronellol, maltodextrin, diazolidinyl urea.

thanks for posting this wow alcohol denat is in the top 5! :nono::nono:pass

swtpea

sun4i6e if I could hit "thanks" again I would! I'm not afraid of alcohols, especially since I will be using very liitthe and only on my edges from time to time. This product junkie is happy for the time being :)

achangedlife

I'm relaxed and I've been using this gel for the last couple of weeks to rollerset. It does make my rollerset last longer but I find it a bit drying. I use the aveda style prep once my hair has dried and that takes care of the dryness so I will continue to use the gel.