Aveda hair products

Kurlee

I want the good bad and the ugly of aveda hair products. Poos, conditioners and styling products. Let me know what worked for you what didn't and your hair type (natural or relaxed).
I'm really into the skin care line so i'm looking to see if its worth the $$ to use the hair care too.:D

Isis

The good:

Aveda Anti-Humectant has been a staple for several years. It keeps my hair from reverting, not 100% but maybe 80%. I like that the main ingredient is castor oil.

I love the Aveda Brilliant Emollient (serum) which lasts a very long time. Although it has cones, it doesn't build up like cones do.
The Aveda Sap Moss shampoo is heavenly. I love the smell and my hair after using it.

I appreciate that Aveda has mostly natural ingredients including many essential oils and is very good for hair. I haven't used everything but the products I have used have been great experiences. Aveda is so good about providing free samples and will take returns or exchanges.:)

No bad or ugly. ;)

SohoHair

FABULOUS:

Sap Moss Pre-poo
Sap Moss Shampoo
Damage Remedy Shampoo
Damage Remedy Conditioner
Damage Remedy Treatment
Be Curly

Sap Moss Pre-poo is a shot of pure moisture for my hair and the shampoo is quite moisturizing. The Damage Remedy Line makes my hair soft and strong, my absolute hands down staples.:)

I haven't had any negative experiences with Aveda, but the Sap Moss Conditioning detangler is kind of a waste, so I would'nt bother with it.

Candiss

The humectant and anti-humectant are both very good. The Sap shampoo was not very moisturizing for me, but I was a 4b natural when I tried it and I may try is again now that I am relaxed. I love the smell of the Aveda products, but they are very strong and not everyone likes that. I really think that the humectant and anti-humectant are unique products that are worth the price and last a long time. However, there are too many cheaper products that are really great so I could never use the other Aveda products on the regular.

honeybadgirl

i am natural and i absolutely love aveda! i use the sap moss nourishing concentrate, sap moss poo, brilliant conditioner and most recently the damage remedy intensive condtioner...LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! that totally made my hair SO smooth and pretty when i dried it with a blow dryer:D
the ant-humectant and elixir leave in are other products i use and love! aveda is a great line!
i have NO complaints whatsoever:grin:

HoneyDew

I have fallen madly and hopelessly in love with the Brilliant Universal Styling Creme. It is amazing and keeps my hair moist and shiny.

I have also used the Shampure and Rosemary mint shampoos to clarify with. They were great, but I preferred the Shampure because of the way it smells. I have hard water and they were both great!!

I used the Damage Remedy Treatment once and it was okay. I don't think I can really give a good review because I did not use it more than once.

camellia

All of the Aveda products I've tried have been nothing but excellent.
I've never used the Be Curly line but I have used:

Sap Moss concentrate, shampoo and conditioner

Elixir Leave In

Cherry Almond Bark deep conditioner

Hair Detoxifer clarifying shampoo

Damage Remedy deep conditioner

Hair Revitalizer deep conditioner

sareca

I didn't like the humectant or anti-humectant, they felt kinda greasy to me. The Elixir leave-in was nice, but I got the same thing from Jamaican Mango & Lime at less than 1/2 the cost. I :love: the damage remedy conditioner; the intensive restructuring treatment was OK.

ItsyBitsy

HoneyDew said:
I have fallen madly and hopelessly in love with the Brilliant Universal Styling Creme. It is amazing and keeps my hair moist and shiny.
HoneyDew said:
I have also used the Shampure and Rosemary mint shampoos to clarify with. They were great, but I preferred the Shampure because of the way it smells. I have hard water and they were both great!!

I used the Damage Remedy Treatment once and it was okay. I don't think I can really give a good review because I did not use it more than once.
HoneyDew, How do you use this? Is it moisturizing & do you think this can be used as a daily moisturizer? Sorry for all the ????? :ohwell:

HoneyDew

DIONNE31 said:

HoneyDew, How do you use this? Is it moisturizing & do you think this can be used as a daily moisturizer? Sorry for all the ????? :ohwell:

Yes, I use it daily. I think it's very moisturizing. I tend to overmoisturize so i don't know if it may be moisturizing for someone that is dealing with dryness issues. My hair is pretty well balanced as far as moisture goes and this one works GREAT for me. It really gives shine, too. I used to use oil or serums for that and this cream is a much better option.

mkstar826

supersonic
BEST products:
Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer super thick moisturizing and strengthening deep conditioner :love:
Cherry Almond Bark conditioner great moisturizing deep conditioner, not as thick as the DPHR but a good alternative for those who don't like the cones in the DPHR.
Be Curly Curl Enhancing Lotion I don't use it for curl enhancement, but as a moisturizer and I like it. If you're heavy handed it can dry crunchy so I always add castor oil to it to counteract that
Brilliant Damage Control Spray smells really good and it's moisturizing. it's also a thermal & environmental protectant. I haven't used it long enough to say if it really controls damage or not but the smell alone will make me repurchase.
Rosemary Mint Shampoo good clarifier, smells great and makes your scalp tingle
Shampure Shampoo smells really good and clarifies well.
Elixir leave-on conditioner I don't use it anymore and it's being discontinued but it always left my hair very soft and manageable.
Sap Moss Shampoo very moisturizing and it smells wonderful

AVERAGE products (okay but I probably wouldn't repurchase):

Rosemary Mint conditioner had to add oils to to make it better
Hair Detoxifier it's their clarifying shampoo but to me Shampure or Rosemary mint do the exact same thing and both smell a lot better.
Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate it's actually a really good product but i think you can get similar results from something cheaper
Scalp Benefits shampoo & conditioner both were okay but they didn't "wow" me.
Brilliant Universal Styling Creme didn't really do anything special

WORST products
Self Control styling stick bought it for slicking puffs back and it is a sticky flaky mess if you use too much
Brilliant Retexturing Gel flaky, hard hair
Flax Seed Aloe Strong Hold Sculpturing Gel flaky, hard hair
Sap Moss conditioner did nothing for me

STILL EVALUATING:
Be Curly conditioner It really stretches out my coils when detangling which makes the process easier but it makes my hair a little too shiny once it's rinsed out. I'm going to try it with a different shampoo and see if that changes anything.
Be Curly shampoo havent used enough to review
Shampure conditioner havent used enough to review

Last edited: