Aveda Products Picks???

brazenxvirtue

My Favorites:

Sap Moss Concentrate - I LOVE this stuff. It leaves my hair so soft and sooo moisturized no matter what I use after it. Gives me so much moisture that I only use it about once a month.

Sap Moss Shampoo - Best shampoo I have. Hands down. And I have a lot, ladies. :look: Okay, a lot a lot. :lol:

Damage Remedy Treatment - My hair always feels soft and strong after I use it. It curbed my early summer breakage.

Damage Remedy Conditioner - I think I like this even better than the treatment just because of how soft it leaves my hair.

Anti-Humectant Pomade - This stuff protected my hair through a Florida rainstorm... that's all I can say.

Not so Favorites:

Brilliant Shampoo - I wasn't so impressed. But it's possible that's just because the Sap Moss shampoo had already fulfilled my every fantasy.

Elixer - This hasn't worked for me so far. Not bad, just not great either. I'll definitely give it a couple more tries though, just in case it didn't work because of outside factors (i.e. combo of other products, buildup, etc.).

I really want to try the Brilliant styling products. The spray sounds amazing.

Tee

Spa Moss Shampoo and the Rosemary Shampoo or conditioner are the only once I want to try out still. I will have to wait until the new year. I am trying to calm the PJ urges. They kick in real strong!

Thanks for your reviews!

brazenxvirtue said:
My Favorites:

Sap Moss Concentrate - I LOVE this stuff. It leaves my hair so soft and sooo moisturized no matter what I use after it. Gives me so much moisture that I only use it about once a month.

Sap Moss Shampoo - Best shampoo I have. Hands down. And I have a lot, ladies. :look: Okay, a lot a lot. :lol:

Damage Remedy Treatment - My hair always feels soft and strong after I use it. It curbed my early summer breakage.

Damage Remedy Conditioner - I think I like this even better than the treatment just because of how soft it leaves my hair.

Anti-Humectant Pomade - This stuff protected my hair through a Florida rainstorm... that's all I can say.

Not so Favorites:

Brilliant Shampoo - I wasn't so impressed. But it's possible that's just because the Sap Moss shampoo had already fulfilled my every fantasy.

Elixer - This hasn't worked for me so far. Not bad, just not great either. I'll definitely give it a couple more tries though, just in case it didn't work because of outside factors (i.e. combo of other products, buildup, etc.).

I really want to try the Brilliant styling products. The spray sounds amazing.

mppaul2

SohoHair said:
I am a recent and ecstatic convert from the Keracare cult to the Aveda cult and I couldn't be happier!:weird: I have used and LOVED:

Sap Moss Shampoo: Interesting earthy smell, left my hair feeling clean but not TOO clean and was very moisturizing
Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner: Very very moisturizing with a touch of protein, but it's light enough that I can use it every wash; made my hair super soft
Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment: Wonderful, left my hair strong, but not hard, great protein treatment
Aveda Be Curly: Perfect from my wash and go's, made my hair soft and moisturized, I need to combine it with another product however for more defintion and hold (still trying out different combo's)

I'm also planning on getting the Sap Moss Concentrate to use as a pre-poo/leave-in. I'm soooooooooooooo happy that I jumped on the Aveda Bandwagon. Keracare was very good but Aveda just blows it out of the water in every way. My hair is super shiny, soft with no breakage whatsoever. The only problem is that Aveda is VERY pricey, but a little of each product goes a very long way so my bottles last for ages.

I have a sample of the sap moss concentrate and love it:D but since I also have the Ojon sample reconstuctor, which is also good...I will purchase one once I finish the sample...so far leaning towards the Sap Moss;) Also the DR program is AWESOME....welcome to the Aveda side:lol:

CurleeDST

Has anyone tried the new Be Curly line by Aveda?

If so, what do you think of it?

SohoHair said:
I am a recent and ecstatic convert from the Keracare cult to the Aveda cult and I couldn't be happier!:weird: I have used and LOVED:

Sap Moss Shampoo: Interesting earthy smell, left my hair feeling clean but not TOO clean and was very moisturizing
Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner: Very very moisturizing with a touch of protein, but it's light enough that I can use it every wash; made my hair super soft
Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment: Wonderful, left my hair strong, but not hard, great protein treatment
Aveda Be Curly: Perfect from my wash and go's, made my hair soft and moisturized, I need to combine it with another product however for more defintion and hold (still trying out different combo's)

I'm also planning on getting the Sap Moss Concentrate to use as a pre-poo/leave-in. I'm soooooooooooooo happy that I jumped on the Aveda Bandwagon. Keracare was very good but Aveda just blows it out of the water in every way. My hair is super shiny, soft with no breakage whatsoever. The only problem is that Aveda is VERY pricey, but a little of each product goes a very long way so my bottles last for ages.

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
Just HOW expensive is this line?

I'm interested in trying it but I don't want to go to the store and look at the prices and have to quickly run away.

honeybadgirl

i use sapp moss shampoo and brilliant conditoner...EXCELLENT!!! i LOVE them! the sapp moss is very moisturizing and the conditioner really gets my hair soft. when i comb it thru, its almost like i have a relaxer:grin: it really tames my hair. it is totally worth it to me. i'm new and was wondering where my aveda ladies were. now i found them :)

CurleeDST

That sap moss never did anything for me or my thick 3c/4a hair.

honeybadgirl said:
i use sapp moss shampoo and brilliant conditoner...EXCELLENT!!! i LOVE them! the sapp moss is very moisturizing and the conditioner really gets my hair soft. when i comb it thru, its almost like i have a relaxer:grin: it really tames my hair. it is totally worth it to me. i'm new and was wondering where my aveda ladies were. now i found them :)

nelli711

Alex, for an 8.5oz bottle of the shampoo, it is $24.00, $24.00 for a 6.7oz bottle of the conditioner and $26.00 for the treatment which is about 4.2oz. They last for a really long time!

Allandra

[FONT=&quot]· Aveda Remedy Restructuring Shampoo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]· Aveda Remedy Restructuring Conditioner[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]· Aveda Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]·Aveda Hang Straight Straightening Lotion[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]·Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid[/FONT]

honeybadgirl

CurleeDST said:
That sap moss never did anything for me or my thick 3c/4a hair.

:( sorry to hear that. i have thick 3b natural hair and i found that it did not make my hair feel dry. it still felt soft during and after the poo.

seemegrow

CurleeDST said:
Has anyone tried the new Be Curly line by Aveda?

If so, what do you think of it?
I just got a free sample coupon for this in the mail. Are you registered wih the Aveda website?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I received some sample sized bottles of the Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner at the last product exchange.

This ish is AWFUL! :mad:

The shampoo caused my hair to feel dry and stripped (almost like an extra squeaky clean clarifyer) while it was on sopping wet hair. I know not all shampoos have a lather, but there was nothing coating the hair and led to really bad tangling. On top of that it had enough nerve to feel tingly.

I rinsed the shampoo out and put the conditioner in hoping that it would provide some slip, but NOPE. I couldn't get my wide tooth comb through to detangle even though I used damn near the whole sample container.

Needless to say, I rinsed it out and used my regular products so that I could detangle and style my hair.

I'm just thankful that I didn't pay for this.

It's looking like the only Aveda product that I'm going to have any luck with is the Be Curly leave-in.