Aveda Products Picks???

Tee

I have a gift certificate and want to know a few really good Aveda produts for Relaxed hair. I seem to remember some ladies saying something about the Aveda DR.

What products would you get if you could???

vevster

Letitia said:
I have a gift certificate and want to know a few really good Aveda produts for Relaxed hair. I seem to remember some ladies saying something about the Aveda DR.

What products would you get if you could???
Aveda DR is the best conditioner I have on my shelf.

If your hair is brittle and dry get this one. This is my emergency conditioner.

Tee

Thanks so much Vester and Kinchen. I want to pic really good products and use thie GC before I forget about it! I apprecite you ladies!

Tee

vevster said:

Vester...Which one of these is it?

Isis

I have:

Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant
Aveda Brilliant Serum
Aveda Brilliant Shine-On Spray

I will get:

Aveda DR

Tee

MizaniMami said:
I would get the Aveda DR conditioner and treatment

Brilliant serum

Sap Moss concentrate (pre-poo)

Thanks Mizani. I dont think I will have a problem using the GF.
Brilliant Serum for shine???

MizaniMami

Letitia said:
Thanks Mizani. I dont think I will have a problem using the GF.
Brilliant Serum for shine???

Girl you can use that serum for ANYTHING.

I use it for: heat protecting, smoothing, shine, and for airdrying.

Tee

MizaniMami said:
Girl you can use that serum for ANYTHING.

I use it for: heat protecting, smoothing, shine, and for airdrying.

Now that sounds good!! Thanks. It's on my list to get also.

Tee

Isis said:
I have:

Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant
Aveda Brilliant Serum
Aveda Brilliant Shine-On Spray

I will get:

Aveda DR

I must be blind. I almost missed your post. Thakns. I see you like the Brillian Serum also. I knew it was another one I wanted. The anti Humectant. Thanks!

SleekandBouncy

vevster said:

Is that the regular DR conditioner or the reconstructer?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
BUMP!

I would like to know more about these Aveda products... :sekret: I've been thinking about trying this line once I run out of my products...

sareca

I vote for the DR treatment and the reconstructor. I also like the Exilir, but Jamaican Mango and Lime is very similar and a fraction of the cost.

peacelove

I love Be Curly for a wash and go. It gives me the best curl action.

I also have the anti-humectant shine serum and the humectant pomade. I like both of these.

Tee

I ended up getting the

Damage Remedy.........Only used it once so I want to use it more. So far, I like it.
Sap Moss (Pre-Poo)....This is really good. Quick and easy to use.
The Elixir.....I haven't had a chance to use this one yet.
The Styling Cream.....Loving this stuff! My fav.

Tee

MizaniMami said:
I would get the Aveda DR conditioner and treatment

Brilliant serum

Sap Moss concentrate (pre-poo)

I forgot you mentioned the pre-poo. So far so good with this product. I really like it. The serum will be next on my list.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Sorry, Tee, I came in too late :(

The Aveda Damage Remedy Set is nice; it gives great moisture but not much slip. The Brilliant Serum is awesome.

Tee

TSUprincess04 said:
Sorry, Tee, I came in too late :(

The Aveda Damage Remedy Set is nice; it gives great moisture but not much slip. The Brilliant Serum is awesome.

Thanks for coming TSU. I must get the Serum. I have been hearing nothing but good reports on it. Thanks!!

HWAY

Has anyone tried the Brilliant Conditioner. I used the Sap Moss Shampoo and Brilliant Conditioner twice and am really liking the way my hair feels.

Tee

HWAY said:
Has anyone tried the Brilliant Conditioner. I used the Sap Moss Shampoo and Brilliant Conditioner twice and am really liking the way my hair feels.

No I have not. I am Trying to cut down on PJism. lol

mppaul2

I have the Brillant Conditioner and really like it...:) At some point I will get the Sap Moss pre poo. While in the salon looking at the prodcuts, the owner made a point to come over and tell me that this line (Brillant is very good for AA hair and she recommends this one often) No AA stylist at this salon, but they do have some AA customers.

HWAY said:

Tee

mppaul2 said:
I have the Brillant Conditioner and really like it...:) At some point I will get the Sap Moss pre poo. While in the salon looking at the prodcuts, the owner made a point to come over and tell me that this line (Brillant is very good for AA hair and she recommends this one often) No AA stylist at this salon, but they do have some AA customers.

Funny you say that. The lady at the Aveda store came up to me and did the same thing about the Brillant Styling Cream. I was thinking.... I like it anyway but thanks. I guess. :look:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
This is from a natural perspective.

I really love Aveda Be Curly as a leave in moisturizer. For me it doesn't do anything for curl definition, but it keeps my hair feeling moisturized from the time it dries until my next wash.

Aveda Brilliant Conditioner - smells like mold and makes my hair hard.

Aveda Elixer - Maybe I got a bad bottle, but I don't find it at all moisturizing and it leaves a white film on my hair.

Brilliant Serum - I get a very temporary shine from it. Not worth repurchasing.

The only product that I make sure to keep on hand is the Be Curly. I want to try the sap moss poo and conditioner, but the Brilliant line has me a little nervous about spending the money.

mkstar826

supersonic
my answer fron another aveda post:

I think I've tried almost everything in Aveda But these are things I think are worth trying:

- Elixir (leave-in): Always leaves my hair soft and manageable.
- Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer: SUPER thick conditioner. I love the way it makes my hair feel and how it feels while it's on my hair.
- Rosemary Mint Conditioner: my SO uses this on his hair so I use it from time to time and I like the effects. I have to leave it on a while to really get the benefits but it's good. I used it to take down 3 month old braidlocs and it helped me save a lot of hair.
- Sap Moss shampoo & Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate: super moisturized and soft hair

The next thing I'm going to try from them is the Cherry Almond Bark conditioner since i'm low cone and it's cone free. the DPHR has cones so I can't use it as often.

But anyway, IMO the only one truly worth the price for me is the DPHR which is why that's all I really buy from Aveda. I've found other cheaper stuff that works just as well as if not better than most of their stuff.

Also I recently used Aveda Elixir for the first time in a long while and :love: my hair was sooooooo soft. So I'd say it's worth the price too but I just don't use commercial leave-ins like I used to.

Tee

mkstar826 said:
my answer fron another aveda post:

Also I recently used Aveda Elixir for the first time in a long while and :love: my hair was sooooooo soft. So I'd say it's worth the price too but I just don't use commercial leave-ins like I used to.

I am really enjoying the Elixir. I agree....it's well worth the money.

SohoHair

I am a recent and ecstatic convert from the Keracare cult to the Aveda cult and I couldn't be happier!:weird: I have used and LOVED:

Sap Moss Shampoo: Interesting earthy smell, left my hair feeling clean but not TOO clean and was very moisturizing
Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner: Very very moisturizing with a touch of protein, but it's light enough that I can use it every wash; made my hair super soft
Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment: Wonderful, left my hair strong, but not hard, great protein treatment
Aveda Be Curly: Perfect from my wash and go's, made my hair soft and moisturized, I need to combine it with another product however for more defintion and hold (still trying out different combo's)

I'm also planning on getting the Sap Moss Concentrate to use as a pre-poo/leave-in. I'm soooooooooooooo happy that I jumped on the Aveda Bandwagon. Keracare was very good but Aveda just blows it out of the water in every way. My hair is super shiny, soft with no breakage whatsoever. The only problem is that Aveda is VERY pricey, but a little of each product goes a very long way so my bottles last for ages.

tld723

I have SUPER dry hair and use the DR line. I just got Elixer yesterday and I can't believe how good my hair feels.... LOVE it:D