Aveda Products...Good or Bad?

angellazette

I have a couple of trial sizes of the Aveda rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner from a recent hotel stay...they gave me extras :D

Does anyone use the rosemary mint or any of their other products? Any reviews?

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
I'm a big Aveda fan. I would buy ALL my hair products there if I could, but I haven't found (and don't care to look!) for a better moisturizing conditioner than Humectress..

Now with Aveda, I have tried the samples of the Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner. They're ok. I would reccomend my holy grail of leave-ins: Elixir as well as a great shampoo - Sap Moss Shampoo. The Sap Moss Pre-shampoo treatment is nice too, if you dont have materials or time to mix your own oil concoction. If you have relaxed hair, and especially if it's a short style, the ANTI-humectant (moisture-repelling) pomade will keep it looking fly - sleek and shiny. It's expensive but the little jar will last and last, and you should only use a dab.. They have a humectant pomade for when you want to attract moisture - never tried it.. maybe someone else can review.

Also the Curessence protein conditioner is good too - nice mild protein treatment for in-between use when your hair is behaving and you arent seeing breakage but actively want to prevent as well. I'vew also heard good reviews of the Brilliant line, but couldnt tell you really how well those work..

Hope this helps. Good night!

Neroli

I found aveda 'poos and condish to be too harsh and drying for my 4b relaxed hair. I wanted to like them because I like aveda's concept and I'm a big fan of their perfume/aromatherapy collection (awesome smells!). I tried the rosemary mint, sap moss and detox 'poos and all three were too stripping. Then I looked at the ingredients, and while filled with a lot of nice herbs, the detergents were the harshest out there, ALS, which I believe is worse than SLS. I stick with nexxus products for my hair, and leave the herbs for my body lotions and potions. . .

lovechic

I love Aveda! The Shampure Shampoo is wonderful! :yep: And the Sap Moss Conditioner is one of the most moisturizing and "softening"conditioners in the world! :love:! With all that said, I say Aveda Products are [size=+2] GOOD :up:!!! [/size]

Last edited:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
lovechic said:
I love Aveda! The Shampure Shampoo is wonderful! :yep: And the Sap Moss Conditioner is one of the most moisturizing and "softening"conditioners in the world! :love:! With all that said, I say Aveda Products are [size=+2] GOOD :up:!!! [/size]

I've heard great things about the Sap Moss. :yep: I'll have to try that next month. I'm trying to buy just one new product a month. :lol:

taraglam2

AVEDA Anti-humectant pomade !!!! It is soooo great--Never without it ! :)

AVEDA Phommolient is good but Elasta QP Design Foam works just as good for a much cheaper price. :)

AVEDA Hang Straight Is good too. :)

Stormy

angellazette said:
I have a couple of trial sizes of the Aveda rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner from a recent hotel stay...they gave me extras :D

Does anyone use the rosemary mint or any of their other products? Any reviews?

NOOOOOO!!! I don't know about the other Aveda products, but those very products mentioned above dried my hair out! If I remember correctly, my hair felt a little rough afterwards too. :(

Last edited:

angellazette

Thanks ladies!

I stayed at the Emily Morgan Hotel in San Antonio...I still have the Aveda facial bar, bath bar, cleanser, and of course the shampoo and conditioners. I packed those suckers up!

lovechic

angellazette said:
Thanks ladies!

I stayed at the Emily Morgan Hotel in San Antonio...I still have the Aveda facial bar, bath bar, cleanser, and of course the shampoo and conditioners. I packed those suckers up!
:lol: MY GIRL!!!

kim

I find Aveda product to be a little harsh( the shampoos). I don't they are worth the price tag. But alot of people enjoy the sap moss and brillant line.

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
PhonyBaloney500 said:
What does the anti-humectant do for ya?

Anti-humectant locks out moisture (vs. humectant attracts/traps moisture). Aveda makes both humectant and ant-humectant pomades. The anti-humectant will keep your hair sleek and smooth (personal experience, relaxed 4a hair).. the anti-humectant (what I've heard) is good for natural hair styles...

HTH.