Calling All Naturals: Question about Aveda Products!

Parvathi

Hey ladies,
I just BC'd:grin: :grin: :grin: so I am about to head out to get my hair trimmed (to remove all relaxed ends) and shop for some products from Aveda. I'm thinking of buying:
Humectant Pomade
Universal Hair Cream
Rosemary Mint Shampoo
Sap Moss Conditioner, Rosemary Mint Conditioner, OR Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner

Reading your revies from past posts, there seems to be a toss up b/t Rosemary Sap Moss and Cherry Almond poos and cons. I'm looking for a shampoo that clarifies well and wont strip my moisture and a conditioner that conditions and that can even be used as a spritz. Any suggestions on what I should buy out of the three?

rai

I like the pomade. The Sap Moss conditioner did Nothing for my hair (well, I had to add some EVOO to make it work well). I heard the Sap Moss shampoo is good though. I have the Universal Hair Cream but I don't know what to do with it! :) The cream seems good if I can find a use for it.

Parvathi

Country gal said:
I'm really not impressed with their haircare products. I have the sap moss shampoo and conditioner.

So I take it you are definitely not feeling Sap Moss either?:(

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies! :kiss:

peacelove

Parvathi said:
Hey ladies,
I just BC'd:grin: :grin: :grin: so I am about to head out to get my hair trimmed (to remove all relaxed ends) and shop for some products from Aveda. I'm thinking of buying:
Humectant Pomade
Universal Hair Cream
Rosemary Mint Shampoo
Sap Moss Conditioner, Rosemary Mint Conditioner, OR Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner

Reading your revies from past posts, there seems to be a toss up b/t Rosemary Sap Moss and Cherry Almond poos and cons. I'm looking for a shampoo that clarifies well and wont strip my moisture and a conditioner that conditions and that can even be used as a spritz. Any suggestions on what I should buy out of the three?

well the sap moss shampoo does not seem to clarify to me, but it does not strip that is for sure.

Soleado

I use to love their Elixer leave in and confixer gel when I had a TWA, but not anymore. I have used pretty much all of their products and the only thing that I really like for haircare is the Damage Remedy Treatment and the Preshampoo treatment.

balisi

rai said:
I like the pomade. The Sap Moss conditioner did Nothing for my hair (well, I had to add some EVOO to make it work well). I heard the Sap Moss shampoo is good though. I have the Universal Hair Cream but I don't know what to do with it! :) The cream seems good if I can find a use for it.
The Brilliant Universal Styling Cream is good for flatironed styles as well as to groom virtually any type of set (roller, braidout or twistout).

czyfaith77

Parvathi said:
Hey ladies,
Humectant Pomade
Universal Hair Cream
Rosemary Mint Shampoo

I was just researching Aveda products today. I was researching it because I saw an actress in the April Essence (Aunjanue Ellis, Ray star (the one who busted up Ray's car in the movie) and E Ring star) who hasn't relaxed her hair in almost 20 years. Her hair looked healthy and she is a fan of their products. I am not natural but I am considering transitioning. I won't definitely know until I can get a really good look and feel of what my hair is like. But I am interested. Thanks for the post. I think I want to try the Anti Humectant Pomade. I have been concerned about what I would do about the humidity here. It is like hot breath and I usually can't keep nothing but a bun, a sew in or some braids. My curls only last like five minutes in our humidity.

BTW, another natural that I like to watch is Queen Latifah (she often gets her her hair pressed for the pictures that we see and Kimberly Elise.

Last edited:

Country gal

Parvathi said:
So I take it you are definitely not feeling Sap Moss either?:(

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies! :kiss:

I thought like what is all the fuss about with the Sap moss shampoo. It doesn't make my hair feel as good as my trusted Elucence.