Aveda vs. Aura

daviine

Has anyone here tried both Aveda and Aura? I was in Sally's today and was intrigued by a few products.....specifically I am interested in the Aura Rosemary Mint Shampoo and the Shampure knock off. Is anyone able to give a comparison review?

I love Aveda. But if I were you I tried the knock off brand first...then if you like it try the Aveda. And if the knock-off brand works really well...stick with that!
trampoline.gif

Which Aveda products do you like?

I dont intend to buy the Aveda products. Although since I've recently decided to dilute my shampoos, I could still purchase a small bottle that would last me a long time most likely.

I will definitely take your advice I mainly asked becasue I didn't care for the Aura Humectant pomade but I don't know if that means just the Aura was a horrible knock-off or that I would hate both the Aveda brabd abd the Aura.

I think I read here that a few of the ladies said the Aveda was better..but didn't want to pay the price. My favorites are the Daily Elixer Leave-in(it's like a creamy loiton), the Sapp Moss shampoo(expensive - 14:00)....which is why I haven't brought any lately...but plan on buying soon. I've also been dilluting my shampoos, so that should stretch it out. I'd like to try others...but they are so expensive. I may go to Sally's and check out the Cherry Almond bark Conditioner
623430.jpg

I'd also like to try Aveda's Beautifying Composition oil...but it is way too expensive.

I was diluting my shampoos so that washing my hair wouldn't be as harsh but that stretching shampoo thing is a definite bonus.

I don't really do conditioner washes...so I dilute my shampoo.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like the Aura Humectant Pomade either. I wonder if the Aveda is any better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cindy I know the Aveda is 20 something bucks... I checked to see if you could return it before you purchase it.

Sweetcocoa,

Ditto on that beautifying composition oil! How come Aura can't make one of those????????????
laugh.gif

My experience is only with the pomade and the elixir. I bought the aveda, and my mother has the aura. I like the aveda more than the aura. The aveda elixir is more like a creamy lotion, and really defines curls and waves, and you don't have to use much. The aura elixir, isn't really a creamy lotion, it is very liquidy, and you have to use alot to get good results. My hair seemed a little drier with the aura, but I do like creamy leave-ins better. As for the pomade, the aveda wins as well. A little goes a long way, and it helps with shine, and had a soft hold. It is $18, so I haven't bought anymore lately.

Tracy

Back