stacy

I am preparing to gather products for my next relaxer touch-up. I want a product to protect my previously relaxed hair from overlapping. I am intrigued by Avlon's Protecto and Preservo, but I am not sure which one to buy. I think one is applied over the entire hair shaft (relaxed hair and new growth). The other is just on previously relaxed hair. I have read older posts that say differing things. Do we have any relaxed heads that currently use or previously used one or both of these products? Thanks!!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@stacy
I used the Preservo when I was relaxed.

When they used it at the shop they applied all over and let it partially dry before applying the relaxer.

When I bought it, to use at home, I used the same way. I would apply, allow to dry and/or partially dry and proceed with the Relaxer (Affirm Lye Mild).

I also used, 5n1, Sustenance and other Avlon/Affirm products.

nymane

I've tried both, and I prefer the Preservo, it penetrates instantly when applied, the Protecto did not.

The Preservo was designed to work with the Fiberguard system, but you can use it before any relaxer to preserve strength. The Preservo should be applied to the whole head

Aggie

I use Preservo over all my previously relaxed hair. Recently I mixed it with Chi Silk Infusion for added strength and protection of my hair. It's pretty wet and no I didn't wait for it to dry before I texlaxed and I still had great results.

stacy

I use Preservo over all my previously relaxed hair. Recently I mixed it with Chi Silk Infusion for added strength and protection of my hair. It's pretty wet and no I didn't wait for it to dry before I texlaxed and I still had great results.
So, you did not put the Preservo on your new growth?