AWww,Sukie Sukie now! Diva done updated her album!

Why thanks, PrettyBlac!!!
wave.gif
I see you're in Okinawa... I've been there before. That was back when I was singing in a reggae group and was doing the whole Japansplash tour in 1996, if I remember correctly. Okinawa is pretty.
cool.gif

I think I figured out what cause that growth spurt

When I look at my album pics, I notice the big growth spurt between June and September's relaxer.
shocked.gif
I was looking back at my calender and during that time I begun doing a one month Body for Life challenge. In conjunction with a specific exercise program, this entailed eating six small balanced meals a day... all of which contained a portion of protein, carb and veg. I was into working out and would drink two or more protein shakes a day. Protoplex Lite and Designer Whey's Glycerlean were the drinks of choice. If I were on the street, I'd supplement it with a delicious Next protein bar called Detour bar. It tastes just like a Snickers, but is packed with around 32 grams of protein. I can't even remember as it's been so long. I think the addition of the extra protein really boosted my growth.
scratchchin.gif
I don't care for meat, so cottage cheese, protein shakes and bars, filled the void. Also, because I'd get so sweaty after a workout, I did daily rinses. I better get back into gear again if I expect to reach brastrap soon. The pictures are obvious and to me don't lie. I think it makes sense now.
smile.gif

Oh, yeah! Forgot to add that I had to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.

Re: I think I figured out what cause that growth spurt

I love your hair, but I'm even more in love with your skin!!! It's sooo clear and the color is perfectly even. What products do you use on your face? Keep up the good work. And congrats on the pregnancy.

Your hair is very beautiful. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah, post that skin regimen please.

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
I love your hair, but I'm even more in love with your skin!!! It's sooo clear and the color is perfectly even. What products do you use on your face? Keep up the good work. And congrats on the pregnancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, thank you, Cat eye cutie!!! It may look even because the majority of the pics I have on foundation... remember, I'm a makeup artist... a magician of sorts!
wink.gif
laugh.gif
Nonetheless, being a licensed esthetician, I am meticulous about my skincare. I kinda slacked off when I got pregnant, but I am trying to get back on the bandwagon. My hormones went all out of whack when I got pregnant, so I'm not "flawless" now, but it's OK. It will go away with time. I'll list my skincare regimen in a moment, but I gotta go eat first. OK?
smile.gif

Diva
Congratulations girl!! You look divine.... You gotta let us know about your skin regime also. Your hair and skin looks beautiful.Keep up the good work!!!

[ QUOTE ]
patience007 said:
Diva
Congratulations girl!! You look divine.... You gotta let us know about your skin regime also. Your hair and skin looks beautiful.Keep up the good work!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, being pregnant has made me SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW! Can't believe I am just now getting back to this. Seems like a lot of people have been asking me about my skincare regimen. Let me start by saying that I am a licensed esthetician (skin care therapist) and makeup artist. I tend to be meticulous about my skincare as I think that my face should be my walking advertisement... after all, we wouldn't want to go and get services for our hair from a hairdresser that has jacked up hair!!!
naughty.gif
I'm beginning if I should move this topic to another board... what I'll do is at least get it down in this thread, then copy it and move it as a new thread to Skin Care discussions or whatever that other category is.

My regimen for my oily/acne prone skin:
Cleanser: 2xday, Morning/Night Cetaphil for normal/oily skin
I'm not one for toners, but I like Peter Thomas Roth Vitamin C Firming Spritz. 2xday after wash or after exfoliant.
Exfoliant: 1xday Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant . It's gentle enough to use on a daily basis.
Moisturizer: 1xday,Cellex-C Seasilk Oil-free moisturizer
I used to do a glycolic peel every other week, but have cut out use of glycolics due to pregnancy.
Also, at night I'd love to use Peter Thomas Roth's Hydrating Glycolic gel. Don't forget sunblock!!! I use Peter Thomas Roth Ultra Light Oil Free Sunblock SPF 30 (only during the day)... you should especially use one if you are exfoliating on a regular basis or using lightening products to combat hyperpigmentation problems.

What I think has really helped me is the fact that I keep the skin hydrated without the oil. Drinking a sufficient amount of water is also recommended, although I do realize that I've been a slacker lately. Exfoliation helps keep the pores clear. Oh yeah, forgot to add that I may do a clay type mask 1-2x per week. I use Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfer mask. One thing that I suggest to everyone is... Listen to your skin. Look at it in the mirror and see what it needs based on what you're seeing. If you are using acne products that have got you red and stinging, don't keep piling on more. Your skin is saying, "I'm pissed off!"
whip.gif
If it feels tight and dry, hydrate it with an oil free moisturizer. They come in gel form as well. Sometimes you have to skip a day of medicated products (ie benzoyl peroxide) and allow your skin to recouperate... know what I mean? Hope this helps as I'm rambling on and on....

Alright, let me copy this and paste it into a new thread. I'll try and put the link on this thread so you know where to find it.

Back