Discouraged 4a/4bs... Diva's updated her album!!!

Faith

Re: Discouraged 4a/4bs... Diva\'s updated her album!!!

Once you get to your goal of BS what do you plan on doing Diva. You are very close to it...definitely next year. Check your yahoo messenger /images/graemlins/wink.gif

laketta

Very nice growth. You are almost there. Will you try for waist after you reach bra strap?

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn

/images/graemlins/clap.gif

ive changed my mind, braids here i come!

SUPER SWEET

Diva is always fabulous...and Ms.K will be the teen envied in school.

Tiburondm

That is really great progress. Your hair and your daughter's looks great /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Carlie

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!! I feel so encouraged after seeing your TU pics! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Keep up the good hair care! /images/graemlins/up.gif

AJamericanDiva

Thank you everyone for your kind words!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I'm so sorry that some of you can't see the photos. That's how it is with "Ya-Hell". Keep trying back because it'll show up. (Like you've got the time!!!)

My daughter is only 10 years old, but you know she thinks she's the Bomb!!! Humph! This is the time that "Swingitis" sets in. I told her I'll have to take her to the emergency room to treat her broken neck if she keeps this up. /images/graemlins/nono.gif I wonder how long her hair will be once she hits her teenage years, at the rate her hair is growing.

As far as my hair goes, I'm brastrap if I wear my grandmama nursing bra, but I judge my length by my fave red bra. Therefore, I have about an inch to go. I'd actually give myself at least another 3 inches. At least I know if I'm brastrap in this bra, I'm brastrap in all bras. In regards to my hairgoal, once I hit brastrap, I'm fine. I'll still take good care of my hair and if it get's longer, it's all gravy!!! For now, I'll do protective styling until at least two months have passed and then hopefully I will be able to braid again, dependant on how much shedding I'm getting. Especially now that I know I'm predispositioned to the thinning out of hair, I'm going to try and stay on top of my hair game... no skipping vitamins or protein shakes, especially how I'm not fond of meat! Now on to the joke...

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
nicki6 said:
You never fail to inspire!!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

How about some more pics of that gorgeous baby boy?! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't leave him out! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif click the "MY Photos" link in my signature and then go to "Family and Friends" album. There you shall see Lil' Papa in all his glory. It has been taking me forever to post lately as this boy wears me out. I don't even have the energy to type!

AJamericanDiva

I will attempt to re-cap on Thanksgiving Day activities... although I feel my energy fading. Well, we go to a new hairdresser's on Thanksgiving morning. This is because once again, my hairdresser has "disappeared" to the Dominican Republic again. I just couldn't take it any more. It was either I relax my hair or braid it. With the constant shedding and knowing that my hypothyroidism could be playing a part, I didn't want to put any unnecessary stress on the strands and decided instead to relax as there was 7 months worth of new growth. Skip from the salon to when I take Miss K to her grandmother's house. Now the Grandmother is "dougla" (West Indian term for when an islander is mixed with Indian. Her Dad came from Indian ancestry... as in India... fellow West Indians will know what I mean.) They commented on how long Miss K's hair had gotten and soo quickly. Actually, this Thanksgiving made her one year anniversary of getting relaxers. They teased her saying she had a weave... "I don't have a weave!" as her father playfully checked her head for tracks. Now.. when Kaila's hair was short, I was to blame. My genes had to be responsible for that. Now that Miss K's hair is getting lengthy, "some" would like to believe that her hair length is from their side of the family. How do you explain my growth when I'm no kin to those people??? /images/graemlins/nono.gif Oh, well! She had even told her Grandmother that my hair was longer than her(the Grandmother's) hair. Back in the day I would think that she had long hair. However, now that my perception has changed as to what I think long hair is, I don't consider it as long as I once did. It's not brastap length, but somewhere between. Back in the day I would wear wigs and weaves, so I guess they thought it was impossible that I would even get my hair to this length. A long time ago I once heard her ask someone when she saw me pinning up my hair, "That's all ___<my name here> hair?" Mind you, it wasn't even no where the length that it is now.

OK, now I'm off to my sister in law's for dinner. I get in the house with my coat on, fedora hat on with hair down under it. Here comes my mother in law... "Tink seh yu did tell mi yuh go a hairdreser." I thought she was saying my hair looked jacked up or something, I was like, "It was raining and windy when I left the salon and I didn't have an umbrella." She was like, "How you just get yuh hair done and put on wig." I was like, "Wig!!!Mi naw wear nuh wig... a mi hair!!!" She pulled off my hat and was like, "All you hair dis? It grow? Lawd, a suh it long, all the while running her fingers through it. My in laws were like, "Your hair really grew a lot!!!" /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Throughout the night, I would find my mother in law running her fingers through my hair in awe. I kept moving around the house because with this shedding issue, I need as little manipulation as possible!!! Even one of my long haired inspirations was like, "Girl!!! It grew sooo long!!!!" There are some things that you girls can expect which I found annoying. Maybe that's why I always wear it up. My car seat belt kept pulling on my hair when I was driving. My hair was sticking to my gloss. (YUCK!) If I put my handbag strap on my shoulder it tugged on my hair.... All in all, it's definitely worth it though!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Onward to brastrap!!! See you girls at the finish line!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif I would hope that I should be brastap length in the next 6 months, so I guess that puts me at June /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

pink_flower

I finally saw your pictures! Your hair looks great and you are doing an amazing job on your daugthers hair! You'll be at bra strap in no time /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Nanyanika

The hair photo's of you and your daughter are gorgeous, you both have excellent hair growth.

Nanyanika

Hey AJD, i was just wondering do you still have your Jamaican accent? I love it when you write in Jamaican Dialect.

Valerie

Your hair and your daughter's hair is unbelieve, it is so beautiful. What is your regime for your daughter, it has grown so much.

nfynit_812

AJD, both you and your daughter's hair are my inspirations /images/graemlins/dance7.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

Beautiful, just beautiful!

shoelover1972

Both you & your daughter's hair are gorgeous. You have both made great progress /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

AJamericanDiva

quote]den1 said:
Hey AJD, i was just wondering do you still have your Jamaican accent? I love it when you write in Jamaican Dialect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Den,
I'm actually of Jamaican parentage (both parents) and married to a Jamaican. I can switch up accents readily... yawdie, British... blah, blah, blah!!! A when mi vex... a dem time you wan' hear accent reel! Most don't believe I'm born here and ask how did I learn to talk like that. I'm like Chinese kids born here speak Chinese, as do Spanish speaking kids, so why is it so unbelievable? I think it's about heritage preservation. I go to Jamaica, with daughter in tow, at least 1-2X per year. However now that my grandfather just passed, I don't know when next. I cook West Indian dishes. Heck! My daughter will request Irish (sea) moss, ackee and saltfish... she can eat some fried fish while mi fraid bone! OK, I'm totally OT!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

AJamericanDiva

My daughter's regimen is basically like mine, with the exception that I haven't done the braids on her since her hair's been relaxed. She only wears her hair done when it's freshly done. Other than that, back to 1-3 ponytails with the hair braided, ends lubed and a barette added. I'll post my regimen shortly.

carletta

Lookin /images/graemlins/shocked.gifgood ma !!!!!!!!! keep on growin!!

sweetcakes14

Diva, you are truly an inspiration. Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

Mariaat40

What a great storyteller you are Diva. Sounds like the holiday has been confirmation for all your hard work. Onward and downward (to brastrap)!

Falon

Your progress has been phenomenal...not just the length you have gained but your hair is looking healthy!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:
Awww. I want to see the pics too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn!!! Is YaHell acting up again? /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif I think I better change my pics over to fotki or picturetrail.

GoingBack

I can see them now!!! And I must say WOW!!!!!! Your hair as well as your daughters has grown so much!!! I wish that certain members of my family could see these pics. That should keep them from trying to discourage me at every opportunity. I actually had a family member to tell me that brastrap length would NEVER happen for me and that I should just get a weave if I wanted long hair. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

GoingBack

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
My daughter's regimen is basically like mine, with the exception that I haven't done the braids on her since her hair's been relaxed. She only wears her hair done when it's freshly done. Other than that, back to 1-3 ponytails with the hair braided, ends lubed and a barette added. I'll post my regimen shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have your regimine posted Diva?

Nonie

Diva, your hair and your daughter's /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Did anyone talk about anything else at dinner? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Both heads look absolutely beautiful. I think it's so cool how you both let your true colors shine at the same time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:
I can see them now!!! And I must say WOW!!!!!! Your hair as well as your daughters has grown so much!!! I wish that certain members of my family could see these pics. That should keep them from trying to discourage me at every opportunity. I actually had a family member to tell me that brastrap length would NEVER happen for me and that I should just get a weave if I wanted long hair. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurl!!! Don't listen to them!!! What I suggest, which is what I do, is don't say "nuffin'!" Just do your thing, take care of your hair.. then "BAM!"
Hit them with the "How, hee hee hee hee how!!!" as Missy says!!! That's what these folks are getting. They don't know what hit 'em!!! Ain't it sweet!!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif