Ayurveda DC?

loveisnthehouse

I am trying to incorporate Ayurveda and I have read the threds and a lot of people say they DC after doing the tea rinses, but I was wondering if anyone has made a DC recipe of only ayurveda products? Thanks in advance!

Lola Laughs

I DC before wash (so I guess it's more of a pre-poo?) with Amla-Skikakai oil. Basically I infuse amla and skikakai powder in 1/2 coconul oil, 1/2 olive oil, let is sit for a couple of days, strain then use.

loveisnthehouse

I DC before wash (so I guess it's more of a pre-poo?) with Amla-Skikakai oil. Basically I infuse amla and skikakai powder in 1/2 coconul oil, 1/2 olive oil, let is sit for a couple of days, strain then use.

So you use the oil infusions as a DC and then do you an Ayurveda rinse?

Lola Laughs

So you use the oil infusions as a DC and then do you an Ayurveda rinse?

After the amla-skikakai oil, I wash with BS/Honey/Distilled water then follow with an ACV/distilled water/marshmallow root rinse.

Were you thinking of mixing powders into a conditioner for a DC? Sounds like a real good idea.

loolalooh

Bumping this thread because this sounds yummy and healthy. Maybe I'll explore the Ayurvedic route one day ...

DesignerCurls

I used amla and bhringeraj tea as pre poo scalp massage and gained fast growth in 3 months.
This is where I got most of my info from (I don't know if the she still is apart of the forum but the info is helpful) Plus she has written a book.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194049

HTH

No matter what Ayurveda ingredients I use, bhringeraj is a most! It is super moisturizing! Ok ask me why did I stop?!?! :wallbash: I need to start again ASAP! :grin:

Platinum

I used to mix some of my Ayurvedic powders with Suave Humectant condish (cowash) or Silk Elements Moisturizing DC (to deep condition). My favorite powders are Brahmi and Maka (Bhringeraj).:lick: The only reason why I stopped is because I started transitioning with braids and tea rinses are too time-consuming for me (I'm a truck driver). I'm thinking about making my own Ayurvedic spritz to use while I'm in braids.:look:

lluvyanna

i put a smalll teaspoon of amla & hibiscus petal powder in my DC , my hair was soooo moisturized after. i also do the tea rinses when im not so lazyyy =)

CocoGlow

For those that are adding ayurvedic powders to your conditioners for a DC....do you have a hard time rinsing out all of the powder?

I can recall a time I added Maka (Bhrinraj) to a henna gloss (henna + conditioner) and I had tiny bits all throughout my hair after I rinsed :perplexed

I wonder if it's easier to rinse out of relaxed hair than natural kinks :rolleyes:

loveisnthehouse

I was really hoping to switch to all ayurveda because it's more natural and cheaper. It looks like I might not be able to do that, so maybe I will just add some of the powder into my conditioner or something. Maybe i can get away with using cheaper conditioners and the powders?

CaliDiamond

I was really hoping to switch to all ayurveda because it's more natural and cheaper. It looks like I might not be able to do that, so maybe I will just add some of the powder into my conditioner or something. Maybe i can get away with using cheaper conditioners and the powders?

Sounds like a plan! It's what I do:yep:

CocoGlow

For those that are adding ayurvedic powders to your conditioners for a DC....do you have a hard time rinsing out all of the powder?

I can recall a time I added Maka (Bhrinraj) to a henna gloss (henna + conditioner) and I had tiny bits all throughout my hair after I rinsed :perplexed

I wonder if it's easier to rinse out of relaxed hair than natural kinks :rolleyes:

Anybody???:look:

Lola Laughs

I used amla and bhringeraj tea as pre poo scalp massage and gained fast growth in 3 months.
This is where I got most of my info from (I don't know if the she still is apart of the forum but the info is helpful) Plus she has written a book.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194049

HTH

No matter what Ayurveda ingredients I use, bhringeraj is a most! It is super moisturizing! Ok ask me why did I stop?!?! :wallbash: I need to start again ASAP! :grin:

Thanks for this info. I made a match of bhrimgeraj/amla/neem oil yesterday. Can't wait to use it.

flowinlocks

Anybody???:look:

I usually mix Brahmi & Bhringraj in a cheapie cond. like Suave or AM. If I want extra dcing I'll use ORS or Silicon Mix. The powders swell so much I make sure I only use a teaspoon of each. I put the powder in a bowl first, then add the cond. I add enough to make a creamy paste. I don't have a problem rinsing as long as I'm no more than 4 to 5 weeeks post. If I need a little extra slip or help with rinsing I'll do a second cowash with Suave. I really don't mix in the more drying herbs in like Shikakai, Amla, or Neem. I save those for separate tea rinses. The treatments leave my hair like butter.:yep:

loveisnthehouse

I usually mix Brahmi & Bhringraj in a cheapie cond. like Suave or AM. If I want extra dcing I'll use ORS or Silicon Mix. The powders swell so much I make sure I only use a teaspoon of each. I put the powder in a bowl first, then add the cond. I add enough to make a creamy paste. I don't have a problem rinsing as long as I'm no more than 4 to 5 weeeks post. If I need a little extra slip or help with rinsing I'll do a second cowash with Suave. I really don't mix in the more drying herbs in like Shikakai, Amla, or Neem. I save those for separate tea rinses. The treatments leave my hair like butter.:yep:

That sounds good! I have Brahmi so I will try mixing that with a conditioner tonight.

CocoGlow

Thanks for responding .. I'm thinking the powder + conditioner thing may be better for relaxed heads ... maybe I should stick to herbal teas instead

Any naturals want to chime in?? Is it difficult to rinse out these treatments when mixing your herbal powders into conditioner?

sparklebh

girl this is the best way to go. I do my shikakai, amla and all the others with conditioners. the rinsing part is a dream.

DesignerCurls

Thanks for responding .. I'm thinking the powder + conditioner thing may be better for relaxed heads ... maybe I should stick to herbal teas instead

Any naturals want to chime in?? Is it difficult to rinse out these treatments when mixing your herbal powders into conditioner?

I am natural...I make my powders into teas. I don't like the twigs and what not left over in my hair. That just takes natural to whole new level! :lachen: