Baby Hair (Edges) & Vitamins

curlycrown85

Baby Hair (Edges) GROWTH & Vitamins

I've only started taking vitamins consistently for the past two weeks and my edges went from technically NO BABY HAIR to several baby hairs sprouting. My edges luckily weren't damaged from relaxers, but since I went natural a few months back, I've given up hope of having baby hairs and concluded that maybe genetically I didn't grow baby hair. The vitamins have proved me wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

bellebebe

Girl, that's how it is. lol... My whole forehead grows hair. I'm naturally hairy, but the vitamins make it worst. I love baby hairs though, so I like it.

jareya

I'm glad to read this as I just started taking vitamins regularly. Which vitamins are you taking, OP?

curlycrown85

I'm glad to read this as I just started taking vitamins regularly. Which vitamins are you taking, OP?

I just pack a sandwich bag of vitamins I buy at Dollar Stores and/or Walgreens to ensure I get all of the vitamins I want or need. I tote them in my purse, so I can take a few with each meal. There's no way I could take all of them in the morning or I'd get sick. So far this is what I'm taking and have already seen dramatic results in two weeks of consistently taking them:

1. Fish oil capsules (three times a day)
2. B-Complex (once)
3. Biotin (once)
4. Vitamin D (once)
5. Cayenne pepper capsules (twice daily)
6. Garlic capsule (once)
7. Feminine probiotic
8. Digestive probiotic
9. Acai chews
10. Kid's multivitamins

I also drink 1 to 2 glasses of aloe vera juice daily.

The things I listed under 5 through 8 probably don't contribute to hair growth but my overall health.

It seems a bit excessive, but I've seen not only dramatic results with my hair, but with my skin, energy levels, stamina when working out, digestion, and increased metabolism.

I am a vegetarian who might OCCASIONALLY eat fish, so starting to take these vitamins regularly have been the best thing I could have done besides going natural.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i'm glad you posted this. i have been looking at my nails and hair lately and notice that my nails grow to a certain point, then chip. my hair does the same. my hair is healthy but i have a hard time retaining.

i do everything i'm supposed to for gentle care of my hair, so i started thinking that maybe i need to up my vitamins.

i am increasing my vitamin and mineral intake and hope to see a rapid improvement like you did.

jareya

Thanks for sharing, curlycrown85! I think your vitamin regimen looks great - enjoy the results!

*C00KIE*

Yes, I have noticed this, especially when I take B5 and biotin.

BTW. I also take a garlic once a week 5000mg (a couple of days before detangling and DC for shedding), fish oil (skin) and vitamin C 1,000mg (for absorption anytime i take a vitamin(s)).

-I would like to take a Vitamin D and a daily vit., but haven't looked into anything yet

Last edited: