How Important Are Vitamins???

I've been following the advice from all the ladies on the forum (THANK YOU!!) and I am seeing serious results. Thanks to the tips my hair is growing in thicker, the hair at my temples are sprouting :grin: and I am seeing new growth 3 weeks after getting a relaxer :yay: (which is very unusual for me).

I take a daily multi-vitamin but I'm curious about the vitamins that I've seen some of you ladies mention. How important is it to "up" the vitamin intake to see better hair results? What vitamins should I begin taking (and at what dosage)? What can these vitamins do for hair growth?

Thx in advance!

Divine Inspiration

Hello there lady!
Glad you're having success...as far as vitamins go, I've noticed the biggest difference when I was taking 5mg of Biotin each day. My hair grew faster and came in significantly thicker. I take 150 mg of iron b/c I'm anemic, and it makes my hair SUPER strong and keeps shedding at bay. I can definitely see a difference when I don't take it.
HTH

Divine Inspiration said:
Hello there lady!
Glad you're having success...as far as vitamins go, I've noticed the biggest difference when I was taking 5mg of Biotin each day. My hair grew faster and came in significantly thicker. I take 150 mg of iron b/c I'm anemic, and it makes my hair SUPER strong and keeps shedding at bay. I can definitely see a difference when I don't take it.
HTH

Hi DI!
I plan on starting with Biotin asap. My hair is thin but it's starting to grow in thicker since I started using d-Panthenol in my shampoo. Anything that can help with thicknes, I am all over it :grin: . I am anemic as well but I have difficulty digesting iron so i am looking fo a supplement that I can take (any ideas?).

Divine Inspiration

There are some foods that are rich iron (i.e. beets, spinach, salmon). You may also consider a natural supplement rather than something prescribed. As far as I know, there's a powder mix that you can make (similiar to a protein shake). You may want to check Whole Foods Market or a health food store for some other form of iron.
I'll be willing to bet that if you took iron and biotin, you'd notice a dramatic change in the condition of your hair. I know I did.
Let me know how it works...

Divine Inspiration said:
There are some foods that are rich iron (i.e. beets, spinach, salmon). You may also consider a natural supplement rather than something prescribed. As far as I know, there's a powder mix that you can make (similiar to a protein shake). You may want to check Whole Foods Market or a health food store for some other form of iron.
I'll be willing to bet that if you took iron and biotin, you'd notice a dramatic change in the condition of your hair. I know I did.
Let me know how it works...

Thanks for the tips. I am making my list as we speak!

metalkitty

Hey, Karmelsassy, I'm glad you're making good progress. But I'm kinda clueless about vitamins too :cool: . I know about Biotin and MSM but really what about other ones and what exactly do they do??? It'd be awesome if someone could compile a list, pretty please...

BBabe

When I joined this forum a couple mths ago, I went through the archives and compiled a list of vitamins mentioned the most, so I went out and bought the following:
Brand Puritan Pride
MSM 500 mg
B-100 (Ultra B-Complex)
SUPER BIOTIN 5000 mcg
L-CYSTEINE 500 mg
MEGA VITAMINS for the HAIR Tablets
VIT C-TIME 1500T with Rose Hips

I just started taking them 2 days ago, but am hoping for results in a couple of mths...
hth

ccd

I agree that vitamins definitely are beneficial in hair growth. Making hair grow faster, thicker and with less shedding. i used Biotin and Silica for a long time and the thing is you need to be consistent . When your body has enough of the nutrint that it need it begins to use it for the hair and nails.

Collagen is another good one. Vitamin E is great also for shine, I havent been using this one but my friend does and her hair has a great natural shine.

Being consistent is the key with vits....I have fallen off badly....I need to get back on my routine because the fall and winter can wreck havoc on my hair if I dont watch it. Anyway, good look and continued hair Growth!!!