bad perm experience

Dejuan42

3 almost 4 years ago i decided to let my hair grow so my mother told me the biggest lie ever. "perms make your hair grow" so i used an s curl texturizing kit and i did see some growth so i figured she was right i didnt know. so i used another one when my hair got nappy again and so on all summer long i even used an extra strength. i was left with thin hair on the sides. dermatologist even saw bald spots but every derm i went to said my hair would regrow. although i've seen improvement my i can still see my scalp through my hair. Has anyone experienced bald spots from perms that never regrew? its been almost 4 years for me and it still aint thick as it was. im perm free

Thank you mother for me. (only joking. But people always think that your hair grow w/relaxer, when in reality it is just stretched and therefore straighter, longer.
Ok. Well bald spots. Sounds like you have burns with scarring and in some places the hair won;t grow. Talk with a doctor. If he doesn't suggest it, ask him about Cortisone shots(in your scalp). This may break up some some of the scarring. Might be covered too (by insurance). Meantime vigorous scalp massages for 10 min./day to help break up scar tissue and oils with added PEPPERMINT oil for circulation. You need to find a NATURAL oil and NO VASELINE OR PETROLEUM for you because that clogs your scalp even more. Maybe something w/ a Shea Butter, Castor Oil base.

Back