Baggie Method Questions---aka HELP

fletgee

Hello Ladies!

First allow me pay homage to your superior hair knowledge. /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

I have questions concerning the baggie method. I tried it for the 1st time last night after I washed my hair. This morning my questions are:

1. Do I just leave the baggie on until I wash my hair again in 3 days?

2. Should I put more vaseline mixture on my braid under the baggie? Daily? Every other day....what?

3. I spray my hair with water (light spritz) and apply a hairdressing 2x's a day. Can I continue to do this, on all my hair, exect the braid in the baggie?

I need follow-up..input..details. Oh heck! I need help! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you, Ladies. /images/graemlins/Rose.gif /images/graemlins/Rose.gif /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

To answer your questions:

Do I just leave the baggie on until I wash my hair again in 3 days?
I always leave the baggie on until the next wash day (2-3 days.)

2. Should I put more vaseline mixture on my braid under the baggie? Daily? Every other day....what?

I usually do it every other day

3. I spray my hair with water (light spritz) and apply a hairdressing 2x's a day. Can I continue to do this, on all my hair, exect the braid in the baggie?

I always apply something to the hair, that is not in the baggie daily to help to smooth it out, so I would say you can keep doing this but, I only do it once a day--In the morning.

I HTH, I haven't been doing the method for that long, and I am sure that some of the experts will give you more info.

<font color="red">Yes</font>

<font color="red">I put it on 1-2x/week since my hair is drier so it needs moisture more often even under the baggie. Some go until their next wash day which could be 1x/week or every 2 weeks. How often do you wash?</font>

<font color="red">Yes. I spray unbraid spray and apply some sort of grease to my hair daily (all except the part in the baggie). </font>

1. Yes, leave the baggie on until the next wash. If you feel you need to take it off at night, then wear a satin cap to sleep in.

2. Every other 2-3 days. If you coat it too much, you might have a tough time washing it out.

3. I have only been spritzing my hair that is in the bun so that the rest remains straight. I only apply oil to my scalp and hair about once every 3 days.

Good luck with the baggie method - it really works!

OMG!!! wassup, fletgee? long time no see! i hope all is well with you!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif PM me sometime, girl!

to answer your questions:

yes, you can leave it on, but i take it off to let my hair finish drying. i wash in the morning. so when i go to work, it's damp. when i get home in the evening, i take it off and unbraid. once my hair's dry completely, i put it back on until i wash again. i usually wash once a week on monday. since you wash at night, it probably won't be necessary to do it how i do.

i personally don't think it's necessary. because your hair is wrapped in plastic and not exposed to the elements, the vaseline that's already there isn't going anywhere. it won't do any harm if you feel like you must, but if you skip it, your hair won't be mad. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SURE!!

Wow, Adrienne, I didn't know that you still use the baggie method! Since you have achieved so much length, does your hair still fit under the phony-pony or how do you wear your baggie now? How often do you wear the baggie method now - one week a month, more, less? TIA!

Back