Bantu knot out (pix)

CurlyMoo

Really pretty wavy look. The ends should be more curled though and finger combing is best. I guess if you want a looser big wave combing is appropriate. I love bantu knots!

zzirvingj

Really pretty wavy look. The ends should be more curled though and finger combing is best. I guess if you want a looser big wave combing is appropriate. I love bantu knots!

I agree....I was hoping for more curl on the ends, so next time I will finger-comb it :yep:

Evazhair

Pretty. That's how I maintain my rollersets. I would expect it to look like that since you are natural. I try to really smooth my ends with light moisturizer & oil(and try to tuck or pin them to stay in place) to keep away the frizzy look because I sleep wild. I really like getting to see this hairstyle on someone else.

Last edited:

Qualitee

I love it :love: I aways wanted to know how the stars did this without using heat! Thanks

I does look right!
It looks something like this

Last edited:

AnjelLuvs

Yea I would agree that finger combing would have been best... The curl definition would hold better...

nomoweavesfome

Girl - I love it!! can u post a pic or pm me how it looks after you knot it so I can have an idea of how u got such beautiful results????

betty-boo

I love bantu knot-outs! Your is sooo pretty! I like it because as someone said earlier, it looks natural - like hair being itself - not pulled unnaturally here or there. Its so beautiful! I can't wait till mine is long enough to do this. And its such a low-mani style too.
Oh well - one day! I think you did well though!

natstar

I love the loose wave look. Hopefully one day I can get to your length! And after seeing these pics I will be dyeing my hair black this winter!

justsimply

I put my hair in 8 bantu knots last nite (my hair is currently pressed straight) and took them out this morning and this is what I got.

I'm kinda "eh" about it. Is this how a bantu knot out is supposed to look?

ETA: After undoing each "knot", I gently combed through it.

I may give it another try tonite.

Truely Lovely

SpyCats

It's pretty, i like it. But i typically finger comb it when i take it down to keep the curls more formed.

I also do this. The waves look so pretty when I don't comb through the bantu knot out.

This happens to be my favorite hair style when I flat-iron my hair straight.