My bantu knot set came out great!

godsflowerrr

Hey ladies.
After rollersetting may hair, it was just too curly for my liking so i threw only 4 bantu knots in my air and sat under the dryer for 5 additional minutes after moisterizing my hair with nexxus headress. i didn't take them down right away. i left them in for an additional 2-3 hours and when i took them down i had soft waves. I had no idea that only 4 bantu knots would do it! previously i have tried about 8 or more knots and I almost got the same look. I went dancing and sweated my hair out for 2 hours. to my surprise my waves turned to spiral curls. when i don't feel like pin curling, i will be bantu knotting for now on...lol;)

the pics are in my fotki.

If anyone has bantu knot pics to share i really want to see!!!!! please post your links!!!
Also when you ladies bantu knot do you knot with wet or dry hair?

Happy new year ladies and may God bless you with your hearts desire!!!!!

blackbarbie

I looove the waves (and your makeup too!)

Where do you put the end of the hair when you do a bantu knot vs. where you put in when you do a pin curl? .....TIA

BB

Divine Inspiration

Yours look great!

I don't have pics of bantu knots, but I've done them on wet and dry hair. I LOVE bantu knots for achieving a rollerset/curly look without the hassle (and damage) of a large barrel curling iron.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
That turned out georgeous! Your hair is so pretty. I really want to try this. I do one bantu knot on dry hair all the time and I love the results. I'm a little scared to try it on wet hair though because last time my hair came out a puff ball. I did way more than 4 knots though so maybe that's where I went wrong.

Mizani_Mrs

Very pretty bantu set, Godsflowerrr. You have very pretty & sexy eyes. I love the layered cut of your hair. Its layered and yet it doesn't look thinned out. But sweetie, it looks like your stylist hacked off waaaay more than 1.5 inches. it looks like 3+inches to me...

comike

Pretty. I looked at your fotki....beautiful and healthy hair!

Last edited:

godsflowerrr

blackbarbie said:
I looove the waves (and your makeup too!)

Where do you put the end of the hair when you do a bantu knot vs. where you put in when you do a pin curl? .....TIA

BB

thanks blackbarbie!:) i usually use big bobbie pins for both the pincurls and bantu knots. the only difference is with the bantu knot i tuck my hair under the last coil and pin with the bobbie pin. i hope this helps:)

godsflowerrr

Pokahontas said:
That turned out georgeous! Your hair is so pretty. I really want to try this. I do one bantu knot on dry hair all the time and I love the results. I'm a little scared to try it on wet hair though because last time my hair came out a puff ball. I did way more than 4 knots though so maybe that's where I went wrong.

thanks for the beautiful pic! you single bantu knot gave u beautiful waves! i want to try this when my hair grows out some:)

Isis

Beautiful results, I love your bantu knot set!! :love: I still haven't tried bantu knots yet--perhaps this year.

I've recently been doing the pincurls, which I love and I love yours too. :yep: I do technique #2 but rolling from the end rather than around my finger and pinning with a Good Hair Days pin. I my try it around my finger to see if it's easier.

BTW, I been trying to comment in your fotki but something seems to be not working on my fotki end.

Last edited: