Bantu Knot set on above SL hair?

RosesBlack

I want to try and do a bantu knot set this weekend but I've never done it. Does anyone have pictures?

Any tips?

Also my hair is prone to being really fluffy, I think sitting under the dryer might cut down on some of that instead of air drying. Is that a good idea?

If I'm successful I'll make my BF take pictures.

TY ladies.

Though she is natural, the technique is the same and I used her steps and mine came out really pretty.

http://public.fotki.com/monikerr/year2/bantu1.html

I think the dryer is a good idea...I air dried and my ends where a little frizzy and I didn't put enough coconut oil on my ends.

I'm doing again this weekend and think I'll sit under the dryer for at least 45 minutes and let it air dry the rest of the way.

GL

Oooooookay first try wasn't entirely successful.

I made my sections too chunky I think. Also 2 hours under the dryer and my bonnet is about worn out apparently so I burned one ear a little.

Also there's one that's still a tad damp.

But I do like that my hair is shiny and stuff. Next time smaller parts, maybe I'll airdry some first then sit under the dryer. And I'll probably wait until my hair is a bit longer. This is not the look I was going for.

The good is I think when I moisturize tonight tomorrow it'll look pretty fabulous.

A couple of webcam pics.

Image538.jpg

Image535.jpg

Oh well. I might still comb it out and flat iron it, that depends on how lazy I'm feeling.

Actually, something that works wonders is to allow your hair to dry (preferably air-dry it hanging loose). When its pretty much dry, use your fingers to part one section of your hair starting at the back. Moisturize and seal this section, twist into a bantu knot, and secure with a small hair ruffle. move on to another section and repeat. When you have done your entire head, tie down with a satin/silk scarf, go to bed, and sleep like a baby.

In the morning, remove the hair ruffles but DO NOT unravel the knot. Just gently separate each section into as many curls as you like from the base of the knot. This prevents frizzies and tangles. Obviously, the more bantu knots you do, the tighter the curls.

This is how i've always done mine and i always get tons of compliments and/or stares when i wear my bantu sets:lachen:. My hair always broke, never dried, and was always frizzy when i tried doing bantus on wet hair

HTH :)

Actually, something that works wonders is to allow your hair to dry (preferably air-dry it hanging loose). When its pretty much dry, use your fingers to part one section of your hair starting at the back. Moisturize and seal this section, twist into a bantu knot, and secure with a small hair ruffle. move on to another section and repeat. When you have done your entire head, tie down with a satin/silk scarf, go to bed, and sleep like a baby.

In the morning, remove the hair ruffles but DO NOT unravel the knot. Just gently separate each section into as many curls as you like from the base of the knot. This prevents frizzies and tangles. Obviously, the more bantu knots you do, the tighter the curls.

This is how i've always done mine and i always get tons of compliments and/or stares when i wear my bantu sets:lachen:. My hair always broke, never dried, and was always frizzy when i tried doing bantus on wet hair

HTH :)

:scratchch I wonder if I've got time to try this out tonight before braiding tomorrow...

My pic in the avatar is of my bantu set on dry hair, and my hair was a little above shoulder length at that time.

I also do them on dry hair. Then I respritz with water and a conditioner and go to sleep or go under the dryer for like 15mins and then go to sleep. I separate from the base too, like the other poster said.

I never tried doing it wet because my hair is too soft and I just knew it would tangle up or break.

HTH

I remember seeing this knot hair style for the last few years and never knew what it was called. I think it looks cool, I'm curious to try it. Are there any 4b all naturals that have done this? My hair is natural, I'm worried it will look to fuzzy. I just bought, "Twist and Lock" all natural cream by Jane Carter Solution. If I do it tonight I'll post results for other 4b's.

Pic in my avator is my bantu knots with twist outs mixed in. I just take a section of hair, twist it then twirl it around til it wraps around itself. I love this style and the curls I get when I take it out in the morning. I dont recommend doing it on wet hair but I guess it's ok if you're sitting under a dryer. I would spray some kind of moisturing detangler on my hair + some conditioner then seal with vaseline. (I know, murder to some but my hair comes out so much better).

Back