bantu knot drying time?

Ladylynn

:mad: after 12 hours of air drying, my bantu knots are still not dry. I'm now sitting under my death dome (hood dryer :D ), trying to dry my hair because I have somewhere to be. For all you ladies who have worn bantu knots in the past, what's your drying time? Also, can you give a sista some tips to help air dry these faster? They take longer to dry than my roller set.

Shatani

um....a couple days, give or take....i think that if you have thick hair, this is one of the most ineffective drying methods! i mean, just regular airdrying my hair takes at least 12 hours....but if i take the wet hair and wrap it up into a knot, that like triples the drying time.

deedabug

i agree with shatani...if the hair is soaking wet u shouldnt depend on it getting dry on time...if it was damp then yea...also u may have put on too much product..that slows down drying time as well

KinkyCurly

I know mine will not dry overnight (12 hours). If I want to do a "knot out" I just undo the knots and let the rest of the hair air dry.

balisi

I think a "knot out" is just an added bonus to wearing Bantu knots for a few days or a week.

Allandra

Ladylynn said:
:mad: after 12 hours of air drying, my bantu knots are still not dry. I'm now sitting under my death dome (hood dryer :D ), trying to dry my hair because I have somewhere to be. For all you ladies who have worn bantu knots in the past, what's your drying time? Also, can you give a sista some tips to help air dry these faster? They take longer to dry than my roller set.
The few times that I've done bantu knots, I always sit under my hooded dryer. My hair would take forever to air dry from bantu knots.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Lawd have mercy! You ladies are CrAzY :yep: if you actually knot your hair up wet!!! :eek: I could NEVER do that!!! I always do mine on dry hair with moisturizer and Healthy Ends.

It would probably take my hair two days to dry completely knotted up! My hair won't dry with a twistout so I know knots would be a waste!

LadyLynn, if you are in a hurry, try blowdrying on low heat to about 75% dry and then knot up. :up: Blowdrying in moderation with a heat protectant won't hurt any... ;)

Queenie

Yeah, unless I do 15 or so it does not dry. :(
Everytime I've tried it, it ends up being a horrible frizzy mess. :cry:

moda

Ladylynn said:

I need a weekend to air dry my hair, unless I just leave it down, then I need some heat to tame it.

Lorraine

Are you towel drying your hair first or knotting dripping wet hair? What kind of moisturizer are you using? I would try towel drying gently then add a thick moisturizer (not a watery one). That is what I do before knotting. I also do them the evening before and go to bed in them and they are dry by the morning. I have photos in my bio for reference. :)

Ladylynn said:

Dolapo

i do mine with dry hair at night and undo the knots in the morning. fast and easy. Most of the time, i just do it while watching tv and it takes like 10 mins

Ladylynn

I think that was where I went wrong. I did my knots on dripping wet hair, similar to how I would do a roller set. Next time I'll do it on damp or dry hair.