Bantu Knot Set

patience

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Patience, I love the flat twists into a puff style. It looks fabulous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! *blushing*

Zuppy

I tried this after my relaxer and I absolutly LOVED it!! I received so many compliemnts at work, on the train.. .all over the place. I'll post some pics one day...I took a bunch I just have to load them.

chocolate01

I tried them again on dry hair and they came out much better than before. This time I airdryed in a ponytail with only NTM silk touch leave in and wonder 8 oil applied to my hair. I let my hair dry for about 5 hours before twisting. I applied some ORS olive oil to my hair before twisting. This time instead of the 11 knots I did the last time I only did 4. My hair came out so soft and wonderfully wavy. I love this style it will definetly be my staple this summer.

pookeylou

[ QUOTE ]
MindTwister said:
Hey ladies.... I took pics of my attempts at bantu knots. As u will be able to see I suck BIG TIME at doing those... Still cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I dont have a nice wavy pattern. Anyways... here is the link to my pic album:
photos.yahoo.com/softlips_116

[/ QUOTE ]

MT...I have pics in my Transition album (pw: In Transition) showing step by step how I do mine.

A couple of steps you may want to try:

Do these notes on freshly condition washed hair. Your hair needs to at least be damp.

Two strand twist the section before twisting it into a bantu knot. This definitly added more curl to each section by two strand twisting it first.

Add shea butter to the section before you twist it.
Not only will this hold the knot and freeze in the curl...but it will make your hair super soft which you will really feel when you take them down in the morning.

Let them dry over night...or sit under the dryer for an hour or so.

Remember you are coiling the hair into a semi-tight bun. So the inner layers of hair will take quite a while to dry. Be patient with it and allow them to dry completely and will cut down on frizz.

Please try it again...let us know how it works.

MindTwister

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
MindTwister said:
Hey ladies.... I took pics of my attempts at bantu knots. As u will be able to see I suck BIG TIME at doing those... Still cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I dont have a nice wavy pattern. Anyways... here is the link to my pic album:
photos.yahoo.com/softlips_116

[/ QUOTE ]

MT...I have pics in my Transition album (pw: In Transition) showing step by step how I do mine.

A couple of steps you may want to try:

Do these notes on freshly condition washed hair. Your hair needs to at least be damp.

Two strand twist the section before twisting it into a bantu knot. This definitly added more curl to each section by two strand twisting it first.

Add shea butter to the section before you twist it.
Not only will this hold the knot and freeze in the curl...but it will make your hair super soft which you will really feel when you take them down in the morning.

Let them dry over night...or sit under the dryer for an hour or so.

Remember you are coiling the hair into a semi-tight bun. So the inner layers of hair will take quite a while to dry. Be patient with it and allow them to dry completely and will cut down on frizz.

Please try it again...let us know how it works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks a whole bunch Pookey for the advices. Sounds great! Well unfortunately I dont have any shea butter at the moment; dont put anything heavy on my hear... Maybe I can try thr world of curls activator instead? it's been sitting in my bathroom for quite some time...
Anyways, will definetely let y'all know how it turns out next time I do it

LEOLADYSW

I love my hair with a bantu knot set. Everyone always compliments me on this style. I can't do it with wet hair [it takes a day and a half to dry], so I spray a leave in conditioner or use setting lotion along with my daily moisturizer.