Bantu Knots 2nd Attempt!

sweetpeadst

I am trying Bantu Knots for the second time! The first time I washed my hair and tried to do them on soaking wet hair NO GO!!!!!!!!!!! Hair didn't dry I stayed ay home the whole day to just ended up wrapping my hair all over again! Do this is my second attempt. I took my hair down from my baggie method and let it dry. I then sectioned my hair on each section I put some Health Goddess on it and NTM Serum on it and secured with small rubberband. We will see in the morning! If I don't like it will be back in my phony pony and bag!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this works!

The second time is the charm Sweetpea. I am sure it will come out great. I, however, cannot perfect this technique.

I shouted you out earlier when I was on.

I am sure your bantu out will be much better than mine. I can't get the right about of tension (or lack thereof) that I should do.

A lil OT: You are looking great. Your workout is evident.

sweetpeadst said:
I am trying Bantu Knots for the second time! The first time I washed my hair and tried to do them on soaking wet hair NO GO!!!!!!!!!!! Hair didn't dry I stayed ay home the whole day to just ended up wrapping my hair all over again! Do this is my second attempt. I took my hair down from my baggie method and let it dry. I then sectioned my hair on each section I put some Health Goddess on it and NTM Serum on it and secured with small rubberband. We will see in the morning! If I don't like it will be back in my phony pony and bag!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this works!

Sweetpeadst, I feel you on this one. I set my hair the other day on soaking wet hair. I air dried overnight, only to have to sit under the dryer for another 30 minutes or so :mad: . I reset tonight on dry hair. The only thing I applied was some s curl and oil. I hope mine's come out right in the morning too.

It worked!!!!!!!!!!:D I will try to remember to take pics! It's not the best but it is way better than the last time! Is there something you are spposed to do to the ends some of them are not curled but other than that I give a B-!!

I told you it would work out for the best girl. And all this "remember to take pics" No girlie, You go take pics NOW!! :lol:

KAddy said:
I told you it would work out for the best girl. And all this "remember to take pics" No girlie, You go take pics NOW!! :lol:

Yes maam!!!!! But I am at work! S othere will be no back shot!!!!

DangerouslyShy said:
IT looks GREAT!!! maybe the second time will be the charm for me too...lol
THanks D. It will try it!!!!!!:grin: It won;'t hurt to try it and if it doesn't work out (but I know it will) you can put on one of those lace fronts!

locabouthair said:
I like your braidout. The color really brings it out also. Did you rinse or dye?
Thanks Loca! I recently put a rince to cover that so it is the same color as my natural hair! I dyed my hair to achieve that color!

Looks good! The more you do it. The better you will get at it!

The tricks I use. I do it on almost dry or dry hair. I usually do the set around 7 at night so it has around 12 hours to dry before I take them down.

If you want a tighter set use more knots. If you want a looser wave use less.

For my tight sets I use around 8 knots for my looser sets I use around 4-5.

Twisting in the right direction is also key. You want to twist all of the knots in the same direction so it comes out looking uniform. I also like to twist the hair completely before I put the actual knot in. This makes it come out really nice!

dontspeakdefeat said:
Looks good! The more you do it. The better you will get at it!

The tricks I use. I do it on almost dry or dry hair. I usually do the set around 7 at night so it has around 12 hours to dry before I take them down.

If you want a tighter set use more knots. If you want a looser wave use less.

For my tight sets I use around 8 knots for my looser sets I use around 4-5.

Twisting in the right direction is also key. You want to twist all of the knots in the same direction so it comes out looking uniform. I also like to twist the hair completely before I put the actual knot in. This makes it come out really nice!

THanks DSD. I will try it again next week! I think I want a looser look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks cute. I'm trying this tonight. Like you, I tried before on wet hair and my hair was still wet in the morning. I will try on dry hair tonight. Does anyone else have any product recommendations?

Back