bantu knots w/ hooded dryer

is anyone still doing this style? i plan on doing bantu knots and letting them dry under a hoode dryer. how long should it take to dry and what were your results. btw im still transitioning so in not sure if the curls will be smooth enough if i do this. what do you think. TIA. :)

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Ar010 said:
is anyone still doing this style? i plan on doing bantu knots and letting them dry under a hoode dryer. how long should it take to dry and what were your results. btw im still transitioning so in not sure if the curls will be smooth enough if i do this. what do you think. TIA. :)

It's one of my siggie styles! Great for transitioning.

I'm not sure how long it will take to dry under a hooded dryer. I guess it would depend on your personal drying time.

The curls and roots will definitely be smooth if you plan on doing them under the dryer. The knots with heat will straighten the newgrowth. ChosenbyGod does a really cool ponytail drying method to smooth out her roots. The knots is a variation of it.

I do my knots on dry hair with a creamy leave-in like Salerm 21. Then I spritz a little with scent water and go to bed.

hth!

~op~

sapphire74

Ar010 said:

I tried the bantu knots for the first time this weekend and I sat under the dryer. They came our pretty good for it being my first time. I just need to make my knots bigger. I will try it without the dryer just to see the difference. But usually when I let my hair airdry it get all puffy and I don't like it. I will keep you posted. :)