BBD Glass - Don't waste your money

jada1111

Do not purchase if you plan on using it for wash-n-gos. It's awful. :nono:

All I got from it was defined curls, but there was some frizz. Also, I don't know where it gets the name GLASS from, because there was NO SHINE provided. It was more of dullish cast and my hair was crunchy. This was the first time I used it.

The second time, I used a leave-in with it to see if it would lessen the crunch and I would get a different effect. Well, the crunch was less, but still had shrinkage and my hair felt coated.

The only pros are:

1) It smells good

2) Holds the hair well

I think the Glass will work for more "wet set" type styles such as rollersets, braidouts, etc., because the hold is very strong and may stay throughout humidity.

Also, the customer service is HORRIBLE!! Simply awful. :wallbash:

I tried calling the numbers on their website only to be told the voicemail box was full. Emailed them to ask if I would get better results using the stretch in conjunction with the Glass - again, no response. Like WTF?? :perplexed

I will never again use anything from this eccentric ego maniac ever again :nono:. I only purchased because it was once all the rage and I was never able to find it. Now that I have, I am NOT impressed and VERY disappointed I paid over $30 for this crap. :angry2:

Buyer Beware!

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I saw Big Bad D on YT. I was considering trying the stretch creme to press my hair. But bad customer service turns me off every time. Sounds like BBD is running a bottleg operation. I will definitely not be purchasing this product.

Thanks for the review. I saw Big Bad D on YT. I was considering trying the stretch creme to press my hair. But bad customer service turns me off every time. Sounds like BBD is running a bottleg operation. I will definitely not be purchasing this product.

See, the Stretch got consistently great reviews, but the Glass was always mixed. LHCF posters give it an a-plus, but as much as I would like to I would not purchase it due to the iffy customer service.

I recently ordered a product called Hair Souffle from sunriseproducts.com. The owner said it can be used to press the hair and that it wasn't greasy. I don't plan on pressing/straightening my hair with it. I just want something moisturizing that will leave it soft, touchable and sheeny.

It's the same company that makes the growth aid Lenzi's Request.

I'm still trying to find what's in that BBD stretch creme. He would have patented it had he really created it. IMO

I think Big Bad D is in Detroit or somewhere in Michigan. He's got some clips on YT. The finished results with the Stretch creme were good but I'm sure other products would give similar results. He definitely comes off as a weird character. He was sued by someone on Judge Mathis. He won the case.

I will never again use anything from this eccentric ego maniac ever again :nono:. I only purchased because it was once all the rage and I was never able to find it. Now that I have, I am NOT impressed and VERY disappointed I paid over $30 for this crap. :angry2:

Buyer Beware!

:lachen: Thanks for the review, I always wanted to try this stuff because of the hype, but it's hard for me, to take someone that looks like him, seriously.

BBD stands for Big Bad D, if that's what you meant.

He's this outrageously eccentric stylist somewhere in DC (I think).

Nawl girl, he's too country to be from the South. :lol:

:lachen: Thanks for the review, I always wanted to try this stuff because of the hype, but it's hard for me, to take someone that looks like him, seriously.

Nawl girl, he's too country to be from the South. :lol:

:lachen: :lachen:

Okay, then WHERE would country folks like him come from? :giggle:

Don't know why I said DC. Just figured he was from there.

^^CherryPie^^ How much is the stretch cream in your BSS? I live near right outside Detroit, BBD is in Romulus I believe, a city right outside Detroit as well. I cannot find the products here in any of our stores. Except the one where his salon is located and everytime I call to inquire about the stretch cream, the voicemail is full and no one ever answers the phone. I wanna try the stretch cream but I do NOT wanna go thru them.

^^CherryPie^^ How much is the stretch cream in your BSS? I live near right outside Detroit, BBD is in Romulus I believe, a city right outside Detroit as well. I cannot find the products here in any of our stores. Except the one where his salon is located and everytime I call to inquire about the stretch cream, the voicemail is full and no one ever answers the phone. I wanna try the stretch cream but I do NOT wanna go thru them.

Volver_Alma_Gitana posted this online beauty supply that sells the stretch for half price.

http://www.irbysbeautysupply.com/bbd.html

It's $49 for the 16oz.

Oh yeah, that irby place was selling it for a lot cheaper than BBD wanted him too. I think that BBD wants everyone to sell it for the same price or something. I remember reading some pretty old threads about how he was kinda loco with his vendors. There is also a lady, lemme find the lank.

http://www.healthyblackhair.com/inc/sdetail/127

But that site looks, questionable at best. Just kinda all over the place.

This place sells it for $42. This is where I went to pick up the Glass.

Super Star Hair and Wigs
https://www.100percenthair.com/

Shipping might be $5, but it still comes out cheaper than $55.

BBD dude is a weirdo and what's even worse is that he's trying to become famous at the expense of his products.

When I called the store two or three years ago, someone called me back saying he was filming a "reality" show and that she was his "assistant". Don't know what became of the "show", unless being on television court show is the "reality" show he was talking about. :lachen:

Do not purchase if you plan on using it for wash-n-gos. It's awful. :nono:

All I got from it was defined curls, but there was some frizz. Also, I don't know where it gets the name GLASS from, because there was NO SHINE provided. It was more of dullish cast and my hair was crunchy. This was the first time I used it.

The second time, I used a leave-in with it to see if it would lessen the crunch and I would get a different effect. Well, the crunch was less, but still had shrinkage and my hair felt coated.

The only pros are:

1) It smells good

2) Holds the hair well

I think the Glass will work for more "wet set" type styles such as rollersets, braidouts, etc., because the hold is very strong and may stay throughout humidity.

I tried calling the numbers on their website only to be told the voicemail box was full. Emailed them to ask if I would get better results using the stretch in conjunction with the Glass - again, no response. Like WTF?? :perplexed

Buyer Beware!

I clicked on the thread coz I haven't seen that product mentioned in years but I do remember when this was it among curlies back in the early y2k's. Never used it myself coz well I don't have curly hair anyway and I never saw it on a shelf in my area.

I hear you! There's a woman named "Colors" who supposedly sells it in Columbus, but I'm really leery of going through her:perplexed

I've heard several times from different sources that the Stretch creme is Keraphix and Humectress mixed together.....and of course camouflaged as a $50 bubble gum scented concoction.

I've heard several times from different sources that the Stretch creme is Keraphix and Humectress mixed together.....and of course camouflaged as a $50 bubble gum scented concoction.

I believe it.

He's very creative, but his flightiness leaves me to believe that he didn't create these products on his own. If he did, then he needs better people around him.

This guy is too creepy to buy anything from.... Without ingredients - I would NEVER buy anyway.... creepy plus deceptive marketing....no thanks :nono:

I didn't like his stretch creme when I tried a few years ago. So it doesn't suprise me that the rest of his stuff is crap.

Back