I don't know ladies...looks like BBD Glass may take over the lead!

so1913

I tried out BBD Glass for the first time on my natural hair...

This stuff is off the hook! It's better than Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding IMO. It does give a tighter curl, but the definition is crazy! Shrinkage is my friend:D Plus, the front parts of my hair are curling and waving up more than with any product, even the Fantasia IC. I've heard about hair getting hard, but it's not hard, flaky, or dry looking at all.

I put a new pic in my April album of the results, keep in mind that I didn't really take time in this pic to "do" my hair, because it's was after 9pm and I just wanted to "play" with my new stuff:).

Nita81

Awww man so1913 you're going to make me buy something.....guess I'll just have to send you the bill:lol:

ETA: Can you post the ingredients please? TIA

so1913

Nita81 said:
Awww man so1913 you're going to make me buy something.....guess I'll just have to send you the bill:lol:

ETA: Can you post the ingredients please? TIA

Hahaha, yeah, after this splurge, the unbudgeted trip to Miss Jessie's Saturday coming up that where I was able to steal someone's appointment (mine wasn't til June) and owing the state of NY some damn taxes (I'm late!!!), I'm not sure I can take on another bill!!!

Sorry, BBD doesn't list ingredients on ANY of his products!!!

I know...I know...

Nita81

so1913 said:
Hahaha, yeah, after this splurge, the unbudgeted trip to Miss Jessie's Saturday coming up that where I was able to steal someone's appointment (mine wasn't til June) and owing the state of NY some damn taxes (I'm late!!!), I'm not sure I can take on another bill!!!

I know...I know...

Wow are you serious?? I didn't think you could do that.

sunnygirl

Sunnygirl
I have been really good about the PJ inside of me but SO1913 you are really tempting me.

You hair looks so good. I swear when I look at your natural hair I am looking at my own head.

so1913

sunnygirl said:
I have been really good about the PJ inside of me but SO1913 you are really tempting me.

You hair looks so good. I swear when I look at your natural hair I am looking at my own head.

Sorry! Girl, whatever you use now with your hair works GREAT! You don't need to try anything new ;) (trying to help you out here, lol)

balisi

I so agree! I recently found out for myself just how well BBD Glass Curling Creme shingles hair. So it doesn't look like Miss Jessie's will be getting any more of my money. There is/was another poster who used to say it was just as good as Curly Pudding. In fact, as I understand it, BBD Glass is what the sellers of Curly Pudding used to use before they came up with "their own" product. I was a little unnerved that there is no ingredients list on BBD products, but I can live with that for now.

so1913

balisi said:
I so agree! I recently found out for myself just how well BBD Glass Curling Creme shingles hair. So it doesn't look like Miss Jessie's will be getting any more of my money. There is/was another poster who used to say it was just as good as Curly Pudding. In fact, as I understand it, BBD Glass is what the sellers of Curly Pudding used to use before they came up with "their own" product. I was a little unnerved that there is no ingredients list on BBD products, but I can live with that for now.

Yep, Curve Salon used to use BBD Glass...and now that I can get it even at discount??? I'm DONE with CP! I don't know...it never really bothered me personally about the ingredient thing, although I totally understand why, people want to know what is going in their hair, especially if they have allergic reactions to certain ingredients and people are on the look out for "harmful" ingredients.

Last edited:

LaNecia

I'm with you So1913! I have a jar of this which I use for my twist outs and it's by FAR the best I've used and doesn't leave the hard AT ALL!! IF I EVER go natural or texturized, this is without a doubt the product I will use!

It's get a tripple :up: from me!

JamericanGurl

I like the BBD Curling Glass, but I don't like the strong smell. Well, I have this thing with smells lately so it may not be strong to you;)
When I was transitioning it gave me frizz free twist outs and lovely bantu knots.

I like it on my natural hair...But that smell issue:confused:

MissYocairis

so1913 said:

I know...I know.

HUH!!?? :eek: That doesn't worry you so?

Nita81

JamericanGurl said:
I like the BBD Curling Glass, but I don't like the strong smell. Well, I have this thing with smells lately so it may not be strong to you;)
When I was transitioning it gave me frizz free twist outs and lovely bantu knots.

What does it smell like? I'm interested in purchasing..

so1913

CantBeCopied said:
HUH!!?? :eek: That doesn't worry you so?

LOL, no, it doesn't. I know, don't yell at me! I figure if my hair hasn't fallen out or showed any signs of damage from using them, and I haven't heard any stories of this happening to others, I figure I'll be ok. If in the long run I develop some kind of health problem, then I guess that's what I get, lol.

ETA: Let me correct myself, not that it doesn't bother me AT ALL, it is definitely a little suspect, but it doesn't bother me enough to not use them. It can't be any worse than what's in everything else that's "bad" and I haven't been inclined to sort through all my products (hair and body) and replinish everything with products that don't contain the ingredients listed on the "harmful" ingredient listing. Maybe that's just ignorance on my part but the scare hasn't "hit" me yet. I hope I don't pay for it later though! lol.

Last edited:

so1913

JamericanGurl said:

Really? I don't think it has a strong smell at all. Now that Curly Pudding, that's a VERY strong smell! I'd smell that grape scent allll day, even after conditioner washing, the smell lingered!

JamericanGurl

so1913 said:
Really? I don't think it has a strong smell at all. Now that Curly Pudding, that's a VERY strong smell! I'd smell that grape scent allll day, even after conditioner washing, the smell lingered!
I'm having nose and smell issues...So, it's prolly jus me!:ohwell:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
JamericanGurl said:
I'm having nose and smell issues...So, it's prolly jus me!:ohwell:

Its not just you. My Glass smells like icing, strongly of icing, I hate icing. It doesnt matter though since I don't really use it.

Nita81

nubianqt86 said:
Its not just you. My Glass smells like icing, strongly of icing, I hate icing. It doesnt matter though since I don't really use it.

Oh ok so it smells sweet??

so1913

Nita81 said:
Oh ok so it smells sweet??

Yeah, I think the icing comparison is a good one to describe it, maybe a touch of pina colada scent to it???...to me it's not that strong, but maybe that's because I'm comparing against the Curly Pudding which is Whhhooooo wheeeee strong! Once dry, the smell of the Glass doesn't really linger.

Nita81

Ok cool I'm going to order it now. I'll order two...one for me and one for my daughter...she's a 3b/3c so this will make her curls pop!!!!

ETA: Thanks for answering my questions ladies

Last edited:

Soleado

I am glad that you are liking it So1913!! However, I just want to caution you to pay close attention to your hair, because I used to use the product along with other folks I know and after a while ALL of us complained that it dried out our hair. This was around the time when Curve Salon was using the product before they developed their own line. I know that everyone's hair reacts to stuff differently, but I just want to put that out there.

so1913

Soleado said:
I am glad that you are liking it So1913!! However, I just want to caution you to pay close attention to your hair, because I used to use the product along with other folks I know and after a while ALL of us complained that it dried out our hair. This was around the time when Curve Salon was using the product before they developed their own line. I know that everyone's hair reacts to stuff differently, but I just want to put that out there.

Thanks for the warning!!! I'll def keep a close eye out for that;) AND I'll be sure to use a good leave in under it and not use daily either, just in case there is a such thing as over using it.

Last edited:

momi

Has anyone ordered this from that site? If so how long did it take? I ordered on Wednesday...