BC Method?

SmilingElephant

Okay.....so i am continuing my resarch on how to deal with and grow natural hair.....to everyone who has already Big Chopped....i want to know what was your method? Did you BC on wet hair? Dry hair? Did you section all your hair off? How long was your hair when you BC? And how did you find the line of demarcation if you BC on dry hair??

I have very long hair right now so i've been looking to find the line of demarcation throughout my hair but its hard for me to find:ohwell:.....i'm not planning to BC til this time next year anyway but i like to know in advance:D

Ms. Martina

I was wondering about BC-ing on wet vs. dry hair myself. I think when I do it, I will do it on dry hair. I plan to save my relaxed ends(weird...I know) so it would be best to cut my hair when it is dry. Especially since my clippings are going into a plastic baggy...

iri9109

i BCd on hair that was wet with water and conditioner that i put in a spray bottle and sprayed small sections and twirled around my finger to see the demarcation line better and then cut...my hair was kinda already section b/c i had kinky twist extensions in, and i cut as i took each one out...i did my friends and my moms BC and i sectioned their hair out..my hair was short when i BCd because i had already had a short cut and did a mini chop before i got the kinky twists so my hair was like maybe 4-5 inches in most spots and less than that in the back where it was tapered, and i cut it down to like 2 inches stretched

empressri

dry hair that had been styled with kccc. i could see all of the straighter parts so i knew what to cut off. i have a vid of my hair right after chopping it somewhere in there...

*CherryPie*

I BC'd my daughter and my neice, and I found it easier to see the line of demarcation on wet hair with conditioner on it.

MochaMooch

I was wondering about BC-ing on wet vs. dry hair myself. I think when I do it, I will do it on dry hair. I plan to save my relaxed ends(weird...I know) so it would be best to cut my hair when it is dry. Especially since my clippings are going into a plastic baggy...

What are you planning to do with your relaxed ends? :lol:

OP I lightly wet my hair and added olive oil and conditioner prepoo. It made it much easier to see the demarcation line especially since my hair had been in twists all week which meant my relaxed ends and natural hair were well blended after undoing them.

Damaged but not out

wet hair plus conditioner.

My hair was texturised and I still ended up cutting off at least 3/4 of an inch of natural hair. Then my friend evened it up by cutting off another 1/2 inch.

Yeah i'm still bitter.
Yeah it grew back.