Did you BC yourself? Tell Me Your Strategy!!

Whimsy

What did you do?
What was in your hair?
How long did it take?
How many months post were you?
What did you do with your hair right after?
Tell me about your BC!:yep:

What did you do?
I made sure my hair was soaking wet with water and chopped off the straight ends.

What was in your hair?
Just water

How long did it take?
about 30 min. I guess. I really didn't time it, but it wasn't that long. Although it does take longer to get the stray hairs.

16 months

I washed it and took pics and put it in a pony puff

Good luck with your BC Whenever you do it. I know it will turn out just lovely.

What did you do? I just chopped all the straight pieces off.

What was in your hair? Conditioner

How long did it take? Maybe 5-10 mins

How many months post were you? 5.5 months

What did you do with your hair right after? I got a weave the next day.

What did you do?
Took my $15 scissors and headed to the bathroom with a mission:grin:
What was in your hair?
Plain old water
How long did it take?
Like 2o mins total.....was snipping straight hairs off here and there for about a week
4 months and thats all I could do:lachen:
Washed It, conditioned it and watched the curls pop!

What did you do?
I bc'd myself
What was in your hair?
Water and some cheapie conditioner
How long did it take?
About 20 minutes
8 months post relaxer
Pooed, dc'd, and twists with my own hair

I'm doin it.
Screw procrastinating.
I'm not making it to 2 years.
Pix tomorrow ladies :)

What did you do?
I wet my hair down and cut off the straight ends.

What was in your hair? Water
How long did it take? 20 minutes
How many months post were you? 15 months
What did you do with your hair right after? I blow dried and flat ironed it--I was still in relaxed mode and was not happy with the length:sad:
Tell me about your BC!:yep:

My experience wasn't really dramatic because I had been slowly cutting off the relaxed ends. It felt very good to finally get rid of the stringy relaxed ends and only have one texture to deal with.

What did you do?
I chopped it all off. I only had 1/2 an inch of hair left

How long did it take?
It took all of five minutes to cut my hair straight across to get it short enough to use clippers on the rest. The whole thing took like 20 minutes.

two months.

Nothing really. I didn't have enough hair lol. I just washed conditioned, and moved on.

I did it because I had grave's and my hair was weak from my illness. I was tired of having to deal with snapping and weak strands. I also did not want a relaxer at the time, and didn't want to have to rely on anyone but myself.

What did you do? My hair was full of conditioner. I was supposed to rollerset my hair that evening. I said F this, grabbed some scissors and went crazy.
What was in your hair? I had just shampoo'd and conditioned it. Probably with Tresemme conditioner.
How long did it take? Took probably a good hour. I did an awful job LOL But my stylist just refused to cut my hair so I took matters into my own hands (literally)
How many months post were you? I was 10 months post.
What did you do with your hair right after? I jumped back in the shower and co-washed. I was dying to find out how that would feel. I put some gel in it and hoped for the best. I was probably a hot mess since I didn't know how to do my hair, but I was so happy I didn't care. I was the happiest chic on the planet that day.

Did it!
I feel like I chopped it all uneven.
That can easily be fixed though!
Pix tomorrow.

Congrats!!!!

I may do it myself too by the end of this year at 24 months. I'm 17 months post now but I've been slowly chopping off the relaxed ends.

Congrats Whimsy!!! I can't believe you did it!!! I can't wait to see the pictures. I know they are lovely. :)

Last edited:
What did you do? i used some barber/hair stylist scissors and went to work

What was in your hair? leave in conditioner and water. has to be damp to see the difference. i cut every piece of straight hair i could find.

How long did it take? less than 20 minutes i guess.

How many months post were you? 1 year.

What did you do with your hair right after? got braids

Tell me about your BC i had just got to the point where I had to make the choice, either I was going to be natural or i wasn't. the transitioning phase had grown old and i was ready to see my natural hair without the permed hair weighing it down. It was quite liberating. I wish I had done it sooner.

Dang, I'm all late to answer the questions ... but Ahem!
It's tomorrow. Don't leave us hanging too long.

This is gonna be GREAT!!

What did you do? slowly cut off the perm over a period of 1.5 years
What was in your hair? i did the cut on freshly wash hair so i could see the two different textures
How long did it take? 1.5 years
How many months post were you? depending on when i was cutting ;)
What did you do with your hair right after?twist of curl it to hide the differences in textures

opps....at least you read before posting MOOK ;)
i hope this can still help someone else :D

Last edited:
What did you do?
I shampooed, put deep conditioner in my hair, sectioned my hair in two halves, secured one half and then started my chop on the other half.

What was in your hair?
Deep conditioner-Redken All Soft Heavy Cream. I kept a water bottle near by to spritz my hair if was starting to get dry.

How long did it take?
I'm almost embarrassed to say but it took me a really long time. I took about 45min to 1 hour to complete each half. I also took a two hour break after I completed one half because my arms were tired..:drunk:.

I really took my time to make sure to not cut too much. I took a small section, combed, and then cut the relaxed ends off. I repeated this process until every section of my hair was cut. I also had a mirror with me to ensure I didn't mess up the back.

Although, I took forever and a day to cut, I was really happy with the outcome:yep:! I am extremely particular when I cut my hair to ensure that my hair is even. I use this same process when I trim.

7.5 months

I put in some leave-in conditioner, let my hair air dry for a bit, then put on a satin scarf and went to bed. However, when I woke up, my hair was soooo dry. I had to wash and deep condition and again. I then twisted my hair and my hair has been happy ever since. This is when I learned that my natural hair cannot be dried loose due to dryness. This was true for my relaxed hair so I should've known that the same would've applied to my natural hair.

HTH and Good luck:grin:!

Last edited:
Did it!
I feel like I chopped it all uneven.
That can easily be fixed though!
Pix tomorrow.

Congratulations! I responded before seeing your post but oh well:lol:! This a great thread and I'm sure this will help others in the future!

What did you do? I wet my hair and chopped off my dang relaxed ends

What was in your hair? Water and conditioner

How long did it take? Um about 15 to 20 min

How many months post were you? I was 4.5 months post

What did you do with your hair right after? Washed it, messed around with it for a bit and than threw on a wig...lol

Back